PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Gismo
18th November 2004, 08:13 PM
Aye, it's snowing in Aberdeen, best get off home before teh roads are clogged up :cool:

Wul
18th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Bugger - i'm off to Fort Billy tomorrow too - best pack me snow chains! :p

MartinSullivan
18th November 2004, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Aye, it's snowing in Aberdeen, best get off home before teh roads are clogged up :cool:

That was freaky, just come in from outside - where it wasnt snowing, read Bonnies post and thought he must be mad , it isnt snowing at all. Looked out of the window and there was the snow

Scottie
18th November 2004, 08:19 PM
A9 snow this morning at the drumochter and slochd. More snow forecast for today and they say it's going to really turn for the worst tonight.

Julz
18th November 2004, 08:43 PM
Winternet (http://www.winternet-scotland.co.uk/)

Fontal
18th November 2004, 09:34 PM
eye it's white up here too :D

Gismo
18th November 2004, 09:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal
I'll be passing through Scatster on Monday

Gismo
18th November 2004, 10:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
That was freaky, just come in from outside - where it wasnt snowing, read Bonnies post and thought he must be mad , it isnt snowing at all. Looked out of the window and there was the snow
So who's mad :p

Fontal
18th November 2004, 11:01 PM

I'll be passing through Scatster on Monday

What time will you be perambulating through sir

Dahm cold is effecting the mind:clown:

Sheilz
18th November 2004, 11:19 PM
Me I think! Ok I was out of town for 2 hours but haven't seen any hint of snow since coming back and nowt before twelve. Snow is white and fluffish looking isnt it?
:D:D:D

Gismo
18th November 2004, 11:26 PM
What time will you be perambulating through sir
Don't have a check in time yet, but it'll be early no doubt :sleepy:

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
Snow is white and fluffish looking isnt it?

I didn't say it was drifting or anything :p:D

Sheilz
18th November 2004, 11:39 PM
[/quote]
I didn't say it was drifting or anything :p:D
[/quote]

S'true but I haven't seen as much as a flake :(. And this subject of snow has made me gawp out ma windows and made me realise they are muckit :(:( and now I've to decide whether I'll just close the blinds :eek: or S9 ECY them. :question:
;):D:D:D

MartinSullivan
18th November 2004, 11:39 PM
So who's mad :p

:mad::disapprove::D Still say its you

Saw you this morning on great southern road coming up to the Duthie Park roundabout - your car is looking filthy!!!! :D

Michael_mac
18th November 2004, 11:57 PM
Heard that there should have been snow this morning at 6am but as usual the weather people got it wrong, just like the time michael fish said that there would not be a mini hurricane, excuse the pun, in the Uk.

Fontal
19th November 2004, 01:22 AM
we've had the plough's out today ;)

The Dogfather
19th November 2004, 01:24 AM
That snow will be heading our way then!

Gismo
19th November 2004, 01:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Saw you this morning on great southern road coming up to the Duthie Park roundabout - your car is looking filthy!!!! :D
There's a forum for people who see each other 8) it's not filthy anyway, it's just a little under washed :evil:;):I

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 02:32 AM

There's a forum for people who see each other 8)

IS THERE, cor I must check it out!!! :D

Sheilz
19th November 2004, 10:22 AM
Yippe, its finally snowing properly!:D:D:D Where did I put that sledge?
:p:D:D:D:D

Nenah
19th November 2004, 10:53 AM

I just ran around my back garden in my jim-jams (it 1.30am!) - I love how peaceful it is when it snows, the city is asleep and no one is around - so sad and beautiful... I think my neighbour may have called the cops :eek: but hey - the first snow of winter!!! :D:D:D

Big Col
19th November 2004, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah
I just ran around my back garden in my jim-jams (it 1.30am!) - I love how peaceful it is when it snows, the city is asleep and no one is around - so sad and beautiful... I think my neighbour may have called the cops :eek: but hey - the first snow of winter!!! :D:D:D

A 28 year old woman is running around in the snow in her Jim Jams and people call the police??? What's the world coming too??? You grab a camera in those circumstances dammit! :mad:

Nenah
19th November 2004, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

A 28 year old woman is running around in the snow in her Jim Jams and people call the police??? What's the world coming too??? You grab a camera in those circumstances dammit! :mad:

28?!?!?!? Moi?! Big Col - U R MY NEW BESTEST FRIEND!!!!! :D:kiss::D:kiss:

Big Col
19th November 2004, 05:41 PM
You mean you're not??? See these people that lie in profiles! <scowls> ;)

Anywho. If I'm you're new bestese friend IT'S YOU ARE NOT U R!!!!!!!!! Frickin text speak! You have a keyboard!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! :mad::mad::disapprove: <goes for a lie down>

Sheilz
19th November 2004, 05:42 PM
Goodness! The LA have moved Harlaw Academy to Asda hill - overnight!!!
That's wot Nik and his two pals just told me. New school rules are no schoolbags and each child to carry an extra pair of gloves in their pockets!:eek::eek::eek:

Nenah
19th November 2004, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

You mean you're not??? See these people that lie in profiles! <scowls> ;)

Anywho. If I'm you're new bestese friend IT'S YOU ARE NOT U R!!!!!!!!! Frickin text speak! You have a keyboard!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! :mad::mad::disapprove: <goes for a lie down>

4GET IT! U R NOT MY NEWEST BESTEST FRIEND NE MORE!U R SO DROPPED! :mad: NE 1 WANT 2 B MY NU BEST FRIEND NOW BC HAS BEEN KICKED 2 DA KURB? :I:I

john
19th November 2004, 07:23 PM

Strooth mate you could have called me first:D;):DI could have protected you from the snow monster:D

I think its called Big Col:D

The Dogfather
19th November 2004, 08:32 PM
Just had my first bump in over 10 years, all thanks to the white stuff.

Drove off a gritted road on to an ungritted road, didn't spot the black ice and crunch one minor altercation with a post later a slight scratch on the bumper.......

Just as well I was driving the fiesta then!!!!!

Julz
19th November 2004, 08:58 PM
Can someone maybe forward me some snow!! We don't have any here yet:(

Sheilz
19th November 2004, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Yuk! went to send you some snow but the darned stuff's gone and melted on me lap :disapprove:;):D

Duncan Stewart
19th November 2004, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Yeh! we want some fun too :D:p;)

Julz
19th November 2004, 09:59 PM
One of my all time fav. poems-

I made myself a snowball,
As pefect as could be,
I thought I'd keep it as a pet,
And let it sleep with me,
I made it some pyjamas,
And a pillow for it's head,
The last night it ran away,
But first... it wet the bed
:D:D:D:D:D

Gismo
19th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Yuk! went to send you some snow but the darned stuff's gone and melted on me lap :disapprove:;):D
Aye aye :evil: that's what they all say ;)

Nenah
20th November 2004, 12:22 AM
Strooth mate you could have called me first:D;):DI could have protected you from the snow monster:D

I think its called Big Col:D

Nice one Cobber! Can you come out and play? and throw snow balls at Big Col?! :D ;)

The Dogfather
20th November 2004, 04:52 PM
Lots and Lots of Snow in Turriff this morning must be at least 8-9 cms! :D

X30YES
20th November 2004, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Lots and Lots of Snow in Turriff this morning must be at least 8-9 cms! :D
That'll be about 3 and a bit inches in old money then:p

sleepyrascal
20th November 2004, 06:43 PM
still enough snow in Aberdeen to do neat little hand brake skids into my driveway!:D:D:D:D:D

Much to the satisfaction of the nice folks on the 23 bus.:cool:

:D

X30YES
20th November 2004, 07:34 PM

Me I think! Ok I was out of town for 2 hours but haven't seen any hint of snow since coming back and nowt before twelve. Snow is white and fluffish looking isnt it?
:D:D:D
Normally !!!!! ,but have see some yellow stuff :D

MartinSullivan
20th November 2004, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
]Normally !!!!! ,but have see some yellow stuff :D

Always remember dont eat the yellow snow :D

Michael_mac
22nd November 2004, 09:00 PM
I love snow and particularly sledging or having snowball fights, what a big kid i am.

Wul
22nd November 2004, 09:57 PM
Well wen't all the way to Fort William and back at the weekend and saw very little snow apart from that at the top of the hills! It was still freezing though and a mega frost in the morning!

Also saw a written off 54 plate boxter convertible with a 30 foot oak tree present where the passenger seat should be outside Lochearnhead - only missed the incident by minutes - no-one hurt but the drivers wallet - that's what he gets for driving with the roof down when it's -1 outside!