PDA

View Full Version : New Cooper Tuning Kit

Mini Me
18th November 2004, 04:58 AM
Found out there is going to be a new JCW tuning kit for the cooper ,dealer fitted price under £700.....will find out the details tomorrow,but looks good,and its MINI.
<you never heard this from me,cos it's not out till next year,got a wee sneek peek today>;)

MartinSullivan
18th November 2004, 05:12 AM
You were obviously so excited you posted it twice in the same forum ;)

Mini Me
18th November 2004, 06:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

You were obviously so excited you posted it twice in the same forum ;)
won't let me deleat ??????:dead:

MartinSullivan
18th November 2004, 06:50 AM
A mod will come along and tidy up behind you

Gismo
18th November 2004, 07:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
A mod will come along and tidy up behind you
Ta da ;)

Gismo
18th November 2004, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
won't let me deleat ??????:dead:
That's because someone replied to your post, you can only delete a topic if there are no replies

aimee_s
19th November 2004, 02:06 AM
keep us posted minime!!

Duncan Stewart
19th November 2004, 06:17 PM
oooo! sounds interesting :p

Gismo
19th November 2004, 07:33 PM
To date there has not been one decent upgrade for the cooper :( i can't believe that someone has found the magic key to give any kind of superior power gain :evil:

sleepyrascal
19th November 2004, 07:55 PM
here here bs

i think generally people who develop tuning plans for the mini will base it on the s because there is not a huge price difference between the cooper and the s so why not just buy the s in the first place. Thats the suggestion from BBR also.

GAJ
19th November 2004, 08:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
there is not a huge price difference between the cooper and the s

Really! There is at my dealers!

KenL
19th November 2004, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

To date there has not been one decent upgrade for the cooper :( i can't believe that someone has found the magic key to give any kind of superior power gain :evil:

MINI already have, it's called a supercharger :D

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

John (Zoooom) is the best pefromance upgrade I have ever seen for a Cooper!! :D

Gismo
19th November 2004, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
MINI already have, it's called a supercharger :D
That would make it a cooper S then :evil::p
Now, go play with your golf :D

Mini Me
19th November 2004, 08:35 PM
performance figures won't be released until January,but it's a new exhaust system,air filter kit,and new engine calibration £750 INC VAT ,and i know i said that was fitted,but it can't be.........<don't start with me>

Gismo
19th November 2004, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime
performance figures won't be released until January,but it's a new exhaust system,air filter kit,and new engine calibration £750 INC VAT ,and i know i said that was fitted,but it can't be.........<don't start with me>

I'm sorry, but i can't see any difference being made :(
All the major tuning companies have tried to make significant changes to the cooper without success, so, in my opinion your buying a MINI brand name for no gain, however, it doesn't exist yet so how can we comment ;)

minidriver#1
19th November 2004, 11:10 PM
there is a difference between an S and cooper when it comes to the insurance. I got a quote for adding the AMD turbo kit to the car and it'll increase my insurance but £40 a year. However, i am uninsurable on an S for some stupid reason. Hence why i'm holding out for a turbo kit and drive train innit :) I want a sleeper.

Duncan Stewart
20th November 2004, 01:50 AM
If it offers a bit more power with a bit better fuel consumption then it sounds an ideal engine upgrade for a Cooper as it will not affect the warranty.

sleepyrascal
20th November 2004, 02:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

there is a difference between an S and cooper when it comes to the insurance. I got a quote for adding the AMD turbo kit to the car and it'll increase my insurance but £40 a year. However, i am uninsurable on an S for some stupid reason. Hence why i'm holding out for a turbo kit and drive train innit :) I want a sleeper.

Warranty is a good reason to install a BMW upgrade. Also helps when you try n sell it on. But £40 a year extra insurance for the turbo kit sounds like a dam good deal KJ! I would be about £300 extra per year to change from a cooper to an s, so as long as the turbo kit didn't cost a fortune, I would go with that!