PDA

View Full Version : Spax Suspension

Gismo
15th November 2004, 07:20 PM
Well that's the coil overs on :cool: easy enough to put on, but, don't expect to get the ride height sorted very quickly :evil:
Must have adjusted the fronts 5 times and the rears were on and off at least 6 times :blackeye:
Can't decide on the damper setting, i knew it was too hard at one point when the warning triangle fell off it's mount on the rear parcel shelf :I

MartinSullivan
15th November 2004, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well that's the coil overs on :cool:

Any hints or tips??? Hoping to get mine on soon, but need to get my power steering sorted again first

Gismo
15th November 2004, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Any hints or tips??? Hoping to get mine on soon, but need to get my power steering sorted again first
Send me an e-mail, i just wrote it all up for Paul Mullet who bought my old struts and lowering springs :)
You'll have to mess around with the height adjustment yourself until your satisfied etc

MartinSullivan
15th November 2004, 07:32 PM
Cheers :D Just reading through it now , going to be a big help I am sure

Gismo
15th November 2004, 08:12 PM
Follow the instructions for changing over the parts from the old struts from the Spax instruction sheet ;) or you'll end up putting the old stuff back on again :p

MartinSullivan
15th November 2004, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Follow the instructions for changing over the parts from the old struts from the Spax instruction sheet ;) or you'll end up putting the old stuff back on again :p

;) Sarccy!!!!

broken_brian
16th November 2004, 03:33 AM
hey bs once you get the ride height sorted you should get the the car onto a set of corner weight scales just to get the car sitting with the weight spread evenly (well as evenly as poss) accross the four wheels and it should make it corner all nice and balanced and very fast :D

Gismo
16th November 2004, 03:46 AM
My car is heavy enough without adding more to it :eek: i understand what you mean :I but, i'm not too bothered about it being exact :p

broken_brian
16th November 2004, 06:58 PM
no its not adding more weight to the car it just involves adjusting your spring platforms slightly so that all 4 wheels press down on the ground evenly

ps i didnt want to say that your car was heavy enough :p:clown:

Wul
16th November 2004, 07:36 PM
Surely that all goes to pot as soon as you stick a driver in the car:question:

Big Col
16th November 2004, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Surely that all goes to pot as soon as you stick a driver in the car:question:

What're you implying about BS Wul? ;)

Wul
16th November 2004, 09:13 PM
;) Why nothing young colin - i never even mentioned any names! :p