PDA

View Full Version : TLC Top Up Deal

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 08:31 PM
Reading on sky news that Mini are looking to offer an extension to the existing TLC package - for those whose package is due to run out. Sounds like a good deal, but no prices have been discussed yet - Minime you heard anything about this??? Can you give us any more info as our resident dealer gimp? :)

You can read the story here New servicing deal for Mini (http://www.sky.com/skynews/xml/article/0,,40000-212211,00.html)

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 08:36 PM
Yet another contribution to the 'Kick the salesman fund'

Keep giving as were hoping to reach a jolly good slapping by the end of the month....

Duncan Stewart
12th November 2004, 08:53 PM
50,000 miles? I'm falling of my chair laughing - BMW should be done under the trade descriptions act!:eek::p:dead:;) Only covers servicing to 40,000 miles (approx due to service indicator thing)but still a great deal for £100 tho :D:cool:.
I'm getting near my last TLC service (approx 40K miles) now so would be interested in the extension depending on price.

Big Col
12th November 2004, 08:55 PM
I think the cost of the TLC is going up to £150 too.

X30YES
12th November 2004, 09:41 PM
TLC ...guess I paid £300 for nowt as I never have had a car serviced ...dont do enough miles for that ,but might use it on this car ,unless I go for the JCW next year that is .

duncan
12th November 2004, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

TLC ...guess I paid £300 for nowt as I never have had a car serviced ...dont do enough miles for that ,but might use it on this car ,unless I go for the JCW next year that is .

You didnt pay it for nothing, just try selling a MINI without it!

Mini Me
12th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Yip ,it is TLC XL ,it will extend your tlc by 30k when it runs out, our you will be able to buy the full XL pack from january on a new car.Don't have exact cost,but will keep you posted....

Mini Me
18th November 2004, 04:46 AM
TLC will be £150 from January(Col ,you jammy bugger) ,when they will introduce TLC XL ,which will cost £300 for an extra 30k miles,or you can buy it all when your car is new and have tlc up to 80k .I know it sound expensive,but it does include some big service inspections.

Big Col
18th November 2004, 08:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

TLC will be £150 from January(Col ,you jammy bugger)

<grins> Eeeeexcellent! :D

Duncan Stewart
18th November 2004, 06:09 PM

have tlc up to 80k
Does that mean to 70K miles then as one service is due at approx 70K then the next at 85K. :clown:
Am I becoming the resident TLC heckler ;):p

Mini Me
18th November 2004, 11:58 PM
it gets you 3 main services.<3 vouchers>

Big Gordy
19th November 2004, 01:05 AM
We're the same as X30YES in that I'll never use all the vouchers:blackeye:
So here's a radical concept.........could I give them to another mini owner :question: <think I already know what the answers gonna be:mad:> Our's is 18 months old and I don't think its got 5000 miles on it yet :I <it will need the brake fluid changed before it's had it's first service:I:I:D> :p:D:approve:

Mini Me
19th November 2004, 04:44 AM
They are tied to the vehicle via the chassis number,sorry G.

Duncan Stewart
19th November 2004, 05:55 PM
What does the top up to existing TLC cost and what Services do I get?

Mini Me
20th November 2004, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

£300 ,gets 3 vouchers for your bigger services;)

Duncan Stewart
22nd November 2004, 03:38 AM

Call me daft :I but my TLC has one voucher left - the approx 40,000 oil sevice. So the top up would be the approx 55,000 main service and approx 70,000 oil service? No - help!? :clown:

Edit - should have said 70K oil :I

Mini Me
22nd November 2004, 04:14 AM

Call me daft :I but my TLC has one voucher left - the approx 40,000 oil sevice. So the top up would be the approx 55,000 main service and approx 70,000 main service? No - help!? :clown:
basicaly when your vouchers run out,you can top up with another 3,beleive me it is still a huge saving,as the service cost's aint cheap...:)But if you don't think it's worth it,don't buy it..
CHANGE CAR INSTEAD...01786 449370

Skinny
24th November 2004, 08:59 AM

TLC will be £150 from January(Col ,you jammy bugger) ,when they will introduce TLC XL ,which will cost £300 for an extra 30k miles,or you can buy it all when your car is new and have tlc up to 80k .I know it sound expensive,but it does include some big service inspections.

Hiya, I was just wondering, do you know when this information was finalised?

All I can say to everybody is that this is a good deal as I needed my 55,000 mile service (at 48,000), it's at the dealers today and should be costing abouts £350. I had heard about this TLC extension but hadn't actually seen this page, so I emailed MINI but they told me they had no idea when it was coming out.

Boy o Boy am I annoyed :(:mad::(:(

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 05:02 PM
You don't have to get it serviced by BMW you know, there's lots of independent garages which will do just as good a job!

Skinny
24th November 2004, 08:26 PM
But not if you want to keep a Warranty there isn't.

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 10:32 PM
Depends on how the warranty is structured if it's manufactures 3 years they can't force you to use BMW because of a european fair trade ruling.

It's different if is 1 year manufacturer, 2 year dealer as Ford do if you get serviced anywhere else then you only get the 1 year part. If you have TLC from new this should cover you until the warranty expires anyway.

sleepyrascal
24th November 2004, 11:02 PM
what is the mini warranty? 3 years right?

Moonshine
24th November 2004, 11:08 PM
AFAIK - 3yrs, unlimited milage.

2 years manufacturer warranty, 3rd year dealer warranty

Gerry

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 11:36 PM
Which means you only get your 3rd year if it's been dealer serviced.

I should have said you still have to get the car serviced to the manufacturers schedule/standard and use approved parts but this can be carried out by any garage to get the first two years.

Mini Me
25th November 2004, 04:27 AM
TLC XL starts in January i believe,but BD is correct,though don't quote me.The law is changing, and as long as it has been serviced by a proper garage ,then it wont affect the warranty.(don't know exactly when this all takes place)
But with TLC,this should never be an issue ,cos it's cheap as chips.:p