PDA

View Full Version : Gathering 12/12 - Menu details- Who wants food?

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 02:19 AM
I have been advised that Pitlochry is very busy on Sunday effectively becoming a Brigadoon Theme Park so the gathering will take place at Blair Atholl, just up the road from Pitlochry.

The Bothy Bar at the Atholl Arms Hotel is the planned meeting place as there's plenty of parking at the hotel and a couple of people have said the food is alright. I've given them a call to warn them that we're coming and said some people might want food, they'll be putting on extra staff!

People should plan to arrive between 12.30 and 1.00. I'm not sure how geared up for serving food to a big group so be prepared to be patient!

See location maps below showing the hotel's location in Blair Atholl and Blair Atholl in relation to Pitlochry.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/49961.gif http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/49962.gif

Duncan (Stewart) is organising the run from Stirling which will take in a route through the hills. The Meeting point is Stirling Services at 10:30am.

I'm organising a run from Aberdeen details posted here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3175)

The list

*Me - Aberdeen Run - Food *Julz + 1 - Food *Bonnie Scotland - Food*Allan - Food *Fiona - Food *Duncan Stewart + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Craigd + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Nenah + 1 - Aberdeen Run - Food *Shoppie - Food *X30YES + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *John - Aberdeen Run - Food *J Cee + 1 *Macblob (non mini) - Food *Weefossy + 1 Stirling - Food *Crombers - Stirling Run *Checkgirl + 1 - Food *Mini Martyn - Stirling Run *G2 +1 Food

*Kirsty - Stirling Run - Food *ELFMAN + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Steph - Food *Weefossy JR + 1 Stirling Run, Food *Scotch + 1 - Stirling Run, Food *Sheilz + 1 - Aberdeen Run, Food *LnL + Flick - Food *Tribalmini and GAJ - Food *Smiler - Food *KJ Innit - Food

Can anyone who's put themselves down as a maybe confirm one way or another! Thanks!

The menu

Fish and Chips £6.95 - Haddock in Beer Batter with Chips and Peas

Sporan of Plenty £7.95 - 6oz Sirlion stuffed with haggis and smothered in gravy

Mince and Tatties £5.95 - Home cooked mince served with mash and veg.

Highland Pork and Paprika Casserole £6.95 - Served with herbie dumplings and pots and veg

Steak and Ale pie £6.50 - Beer gravy and light pastry top

Angus Steak - £11.95 - Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatos and Chips

Cock and Bull £8.95 - Chicken and Beef pan fried with a highland mustard cream, rice and veg.

Deep fried Chicken - £8.95 - Chicken Breast deep fried served with chips and salad

Lamb Shank £7.95 - With port and rosemary gravy served with mash and veg.

Grilled Salmon £7.25

Scotsman's Bonnet £6.75

Sausage and Mash £5.95

Haggis, neeps and Tatties

Game Casserole

Seafood Pasta

Tay Salmon Fish cakes

Leek and Courgette Pasta v.

Mushroom Crepe

Baked Peppers

Spicy Veg Pithiver

Full Kids Menu available!

More details to follow later!!

Craig
12th November 2004, 04:14 AM
now that's what I call forward planning - organising a meet 13 months in advance!!:D

Smurf
12th November 2004, 04:31 AM
A meal for that many people just before Xmas may NEED to be booked 13 months in advance! :D

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 04:38 AM
Corrected the date! Must remember to read what I type afterwards....

Can't see it being that busy in Pitlochry, but we could just meet up for a drink!

Scottie
12th November 2004, 06:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Can't see it being that busy in Pitlochry, but we could just meet up for a drink!

I'd be up for that.:D

Julz
12th November 2004, 05:07 PM

Trust me, it will be!! We should be able to make it seeing as it's only 25 minutes up the road!!;):D

Gismo
12th November 2004, 06:36 PM
Saturday's are no good for me :(

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Saturday's are no good for me :(

What about the Sunday then?

Gismo
12th November 2004, 06:50 PM
What about the Sunday then?
Sunday's are good for me :) count me in

Duncan Stewart
12th November 2004, 07:29 PM
Sounds good to me :D but can we include a little run as well? How about going out to Rannoch Station on Rannoch moor - its a great run via the B8019 by Loch Tummel & B846 by Loch Rannoch (36 miles) - no need for route directions or recce - just a nice little blast out into the countryside.

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 07:40 PM
Could do but the main thing is to get everyone <Brummy Accent> together!

Scottie
12th November 2004, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Sounds good to me :D but can we include a little run as well? How about going out to Rannoch Station on Rannoch moor - its a great run via the B8019 by Loch Tummel & B846 by Loch Rannoch (36 miles) - no need for route directions or recce - just a nice little blast out into the countryside.

What about the auld A9 killicrankie etc. Could get BDM to do the soldiers leap;):p:D

Scottie
12th November 2004, 08:18 PM
Sunday is good with me.

So that will be

me + Allan + Molly + James + Saunders + Fergus.

Craig
13th November 2004, 06:33 PM
Put Jude and me down for this one, not been in Pitlochry in ages.

X30YES
15th November 2004, 03:38 AM

Sounds good Duncan ...and the South side of the loch via Rannoch skool:pon the way back to Pitlochery would be great

The Dogfather
15th November 2004, 03:53 AM
Angus does that mean you'll be joining us then?

MartinSullivan
15th November 2004, 06:05 PM
I'll go if I am here :)

X30YES
15th November 2004, 06:23 PM
Go on then stick me down as well then Paul

J Cee
16th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Hi Folks would it be alright if we tagged along that's me and my co pilot we're new to the social thing.

Cheers J Cee

Mini Me
16th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Minime ,will try to get his weekend off swapped,cos i really want's to go to this:p:question::question:....are corporate tarts allowed

MartinSullivan
16th November 2004, 04:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
....are corporate tarts allowed?

If they get a round in like everyone else, and bring some freebies :D:p

Mini Me
16th November 2004, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by minime
....are corporate tarts allowed?

If they get a round in like everyone else, and bring some freebies :D:p
Suppose that's thats what the company expences are for;).And what is it with you guy's and freebies,ma company not good enough<don't answer that>:I

The Dogfather
16th November 2004, 05:16 AM
Welcome to come along J Cee and Minime.

sleepyrascal
16th November 2004, 05:39 AM
Me, myself and I will be there hopefully and I'll see if I can drag along some others. All depends on dates though.

macblob
16th November 2004, 07:07 AM
Might manage to tag along in my non MINI if im allowed, ill drive 2 miles behind honest :D

Need to confirm nearer the time though im afraid

The Dogfather
16th November 2004, 07:28 AM
No problem Brian, we promise to pull over occassionally so you can keep up! :p

weefossy
16th November 2004, 07:32 AM
Put us down for this one please. Ta!

macblob
16th November 2004, 07:38 AM
Cheers Dude, ill bring my grandad slippers, flat cap and my pipe :p

Crombers
16th November 2004, 09:46 PM
Can you add me to the list as Sundays are fine for me:cool:

checkgirl
16th November 2004, 10:40 PM
OK sounds good

Nenah
17th November 2004, 02:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by checkgirl

OK sounds good

Hey Lynsey! It will be good to see you on a run again! :D

Duncan Stewart
17th November 2004, 06:09 PM
We could have runs from Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee all meeting up for a big pre-Christmas social.

I've suggested a run from Stirling services up to the meet on the Festive Run thread - does this fit in with you plans at Pitlochry OK?

Mini Martyn
17th November 2004, 08:04 PM
Just wondering if i will come along as well??

Will have to wait and see if i have my new tyres by then!! :(

G2 - S
17th November 2004, 08:37 PM
I'd love to join too but only if My wife is off work. So that'll be both of us in one MINI Coop S.

G2

The Dogfather
17th November 2004, 09:39 PM
Duncan - Great if you could sort out a run from Stirling, I'll sort one from Aberdeen via South Deeside.

ScottyC
17th November 2004, 09:53 PM
hey guys can you pencil me in for this(+the better half). can't promise to make it as decembers my busiest time of the year but i've got a decent chance since its a sunday, i'll know for sure around 2 weeks beforhand. this will be my first run so if i make it you'll have to go easy on me :)

The Dogfather
17th November 2004, 10:00 PM
Welcome to come along Scotty will you be joining the run to Pitlochry from Aberdeen?

I was in Costco last night saw a Red Cooper with Union Jack who's is that?

ScottyC
17th November 2004, 10:06 PM
yeah i'll be coming with the aberdeen lot. must have been a customer, the only mini drivers that work there i'm aware of are phil and myself. staff have to park to the left hand side of the tyre bay (as you face it) so if it wasn't there its not one of ours. my car usually looks naff as a workmate usually parks his 350Z next to me

sleepyrascal
17th November 2004, 10:42 PM
Sleepyrascal ... ahem ... aberdeen run ... ahem ....

Julz
17th November 2004, 11:38 PM
Paul, got your email! I couldn't think of anywhere, so I phoned Rob seeing as he used to be based in Pitlochry! He can't think of anywhere either that has a car park that could cope with more than 5 cars! Parking ain't to great in Pitlochry either I'm afraid!:dead:

Gismo
17th November 2004, 11:46 PM
There is a car park at the end of the main drag, a public one that we used for one of Calum's runs.
Pitlochry ain't that big, we can easily walk to an eaterie of any description :p

X30YES
18th November 2004, 12:15 AM
x the Bridge at the Festival Theatre ....its a bigish car park and also next to a pub/rest over looking the river and salmon ladder

sleepyrascal
18th November 2004, 12:20 AM
isn't there a tesco or something there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind us using for a wee while. It could be enticing to custoimers, thats how we pitch it!!

Sheilz
18th November 2004, 01:06 AM

Welcome to come along Scotty will you be joining the run to Pitlochry from Aberdeen?

I was in Costco last night saw a Red Cooper with Union Jack who's is that?

I've seen two with union jack decals - s at Big W and a coop in Montrose - both red.

Gismo
18th November 2004, 01:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
I've seen two with union jack decals - s at Big W and a coop in Montrose - both red.
I've never seen it and i live in Montrose :evil:

X30YES
18th November 2004, 01:18 AM
Well at least it took 3 pages to start going to pot this time ,
anyway back on track ,I think the pub over looking the river at the Theatre/ car park is Portnacraig Inn ,but not so sure (Julz-Rob any idea ?)

Duncan Stewart
18th November 2004, 01:25 AM
OK. If there is sufficient interest I will arrange a route from Stirling services to Pitlochry - I propose we take the A84 thro Callander, A85 Glen Ogle, A827 by Loch Tay, B846 to Tummel bridge and B8019 by Loch Tummel (approx 80 miles)- all fairly main routes so should be salted, etc.
If you are interested please post here and Paul can update the first post. Cheers :D

X30YES
18th November 2004, 01:31 AM
Good one Duncan ,I'm up for a Stirling start

Scottie
18th November 2004, 01:35 AM
Is there still the Hydro Hotel at Pitlochry the one up the hill that you see from the road.

Might be good for food and parking.

Scottie
18th November 2004, 01:36 AM
Blair Atholl would be easy to park there with 22 plus cars but don't know how good the hotel is but they seem to have weddings so it can't be that bad.

The Dogfather
18th November 2004, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions might bring my reccee forward to scout out eateries etc.

Bazthemod
18th November 2004, 03:02 AM
Me , Maw N Paw will come along although we might have to shoot off early :)

Craig
18th November 2004, 04:23 AM
Duncan - add me and jude to the Stirling start - you took the idea right out off my grasp. If I could get access at work I would have beaten you...:mad: Good on ya! I can check on road conditions etc with work before we set off in the morning if that is of any assistance.

Fiona - the Atholl Arms Hotel in Blair Atholl does great grub in the "Bothy" which is the Pub just round the side of it and there is certainly more parking available in Blair Atholl that Pitlochry as it will be mobbed on a Sunday Afternoon. If we stick with Pitlochry, how about asking the Festival Theatre if they would mind us parking there as it is only a 5 min walk into the town??

Craig

Kirsty
18th November 2004, 08:29 AM
Count me in as well!! I've got my tyres sorted so I shouldn't have worn them out by then!! I'll be up for meeting at Stirling services Duncan so count me in there!!

Mini Martyn
18th November 2004, 07:50 PM
Should have my tyres by then, if not i will come anyway so put my down, plus one starting at Stirling.

Crombers
18th November 2004, 09:47 PM

OK. If there is sufficient interest I will arrange a route from Stirling services to Pitlochry - I propose we take the A84 thro Callander, A85 Glen Ogle, A827 by Loch Tay, B846 to Tummel bridge and B8019 by Loch Tummel (approx 80 miles)- all fairly main routes so should be salted, etc.
If you are interested please post here and Paul can update the first post. Cheers :D
Sounds good Duncan add me to the Stirling runners

ELFMAN
19th November 2004, 01:13 AM
Put me down (Bang!) + one, as provisional starting from Stirling - depending on pre-Chrismas work schedule.

Craig
19th November 2004, 02:05 AM
BDM - can you add me to the stirling starters please <see post above....thanks>

Any more ideas on where you are going to park?

The Dogfather
19th November 2004, 02:09 AM
Craig - Will be doing a reccee to check out the locations when I come down for the central run.

Tam1314
19th November 2004, 04:34 AM
Ok l have probably missed this somewhere but what date are we talking about
Thanks

Tam1314
19th November 2004, 04:36 AM
Ooops just seen the date at top of the page

Sorry lm new to this

The Dogfather
19th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Tam - I take it you can't make it?

Steph
19th November 2004, 07:22 AM
I'm up for it, count me in.

X30YES
21st November 2004, 03:56 AM
What about 'House of Bruar' as a lunch halt??...just up the road at Blair Athol and ample parking
http://www.houseofbruar.com

Scottie
21st November 2004, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

What about 'House of Bruar' as a lunch halt??...just up the road at Blair Athol and ample parking
http://www.houseofbruar.com

House of Bruar is very busy to park and to eat.

The Dogfather
21st November 2004, 06:25 AM
I reckon the Blair Atholl Hotel will be a good call. I'll have look next weekend.

X30YES
21st November 2004, 09:06 PM

I reckon the Blair Atholl Hotel will be a good call. I'll have look next weekend.
You have mail!! ;)

Duncan Stewart
22nd November 2004, 03:59 AM

Did a recce today and the good news is the route is great, with large car parks with public toilets approx every 20miles. The bad news is only one toilet is open (Callender) due to winter closures. Worse than this though was the state of the roads - they were poorly treated and very icy in places :(. We had some scary moments even going dead slow in Helen's Fiesta. Thus I will type up the route but I think we should only use it if the weather is not icy or snow. If it is we will have to just go straight up the A9.
Not a waste of time though as I think I could use the route as a basis of a longer summer run. :D

X30YES
22nd November 2004, 04:26 AM
As you say Duncan ,and depending on the weather,... we could always use it later on in the year ,perhaps via Aberfoyle and make it an Easter Egg run from Stirling to Pitlochry.

Mini Me
23rd November 2004, 05:09 AM
Due to unforseen circumstances(some wee bint won't swap weekends:()
I can't make it........bugger.
Cheers for reminding me Col.:)

weefossy
23rd November 2004, 08:14 AM
Due to change of dates, we can now make this "get together".:) Can we be added to the Stirling start please?8)

X30YES
24th November 2004, 06:31 AM
Nice one Malcolm

Bazthemod
25th November 2004, 06:42 PM
Who will be leaving from Dundee? Us ... Ewan ... ???:question:

Gismo
25th November 2004, 07:34 PM
I have the choice, either Aberdeen or Dundee, but, it would make sense for the Dundee contingent to make it to either Stirling or Aberdeen as there will only be 3 cars from Dundee :)

weefozzy Jr
27th November 2004, 12:33 AM
hello can i come please.....i'll be good no red bull i promise.

The Dogfather
27th November 2004, 12:37 AM
I suppose, no paper suit though! Promise?

Big Gordy
27th November 2004, 12:40 AM
What time you all meeting at the 'wheel':question: Might come and wave you off:D Might also be an ideal opertunity to mug weefozzy jnr for his 2 karting deposites :evil:;) :p:D:approve:

Kirsty
27th November 2004, 12:44 AM
NEIL!!!! No red bull??? Awww it won't be the same!!! HEE HEE!!!!

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:30 AM
Hi gang,

We're interested in coming along to this - from reading all the messages though it's not quite clear what the plans are now though - is it Pitlochry or Blair Athol?

Will it be ok to bring our spawns of satan delightful, pleasant and well mannered kids?

If so, then put us down - scott, julie + 2 kids

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Scottch

Hi gang,

We're interested in coming along to this - from reading all the messages though it's not quite clear what the plans are now though - is it Pitlochry or Blair Athol?

Will it be ok to bring our spawns of satan delightful, pleasant and well mannered kids?

If so, then put us down - scott, julie + 2 kids

Cheers!

Scott

So long as you keep 'em on a short leash!! :D

The Dogfather
28th November 2004, 07:45 AM
Your down on the list Scotch!

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:45 AM
Nenah,

That would mean I'd have to catch them first!
lol

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:49 AM

Nenah,

That would mean I'd have to catch them first!
lol

Cheers!

Scott

MY GOD MAN! Do they bite too? :eek:

ROLF! :D

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Well, don't all kids???? ;)

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 08:12 AM

Well, don't all kids???? ;)

Cheers!

Scott

I hope not!!!! Am babysitting this week for a friend...may now reconsider....:eek:

Scottch
28th November 2004, 08:21 AM
Remember to get your innoculations!!

Cheers!

Scott

Scottch
1st December 2004, 07:31 PM
Anyone else travelling up from Fife?

Cheers!

Scott

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 05:51 PM
I'm from Fife and but have planned to meet up with the "southerners" ;) in Stirling for a run up to Blair. I've also planned a interesting route over the hills but will only use it if the weather is not icey. Looks like we would need to meet about 10:30 to make Blair for 12:30 - 13:00 (assuming we go over the hills)

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 05:55 PM

I've given them a call to warn them that we're coming and said some people might want food
Great work getting this organised Paul.
I'm interested in the comment above - does this mean we are not meeting for an arranged meal? Is it a meeting for a drink and we just decide what we want to do ourselves for food?
Just checking so folk know the situation
Keep up the good work! :D

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 06:05 PM
Duncan - The idea is to meet for a drink with the option for food for thoose who want it.

But can everyone who wants to eat at the Hotel let me know so I can give them an idea of the number people eating!!!

Scottch
2nd December 2004, 06:07 PM

I'm from Fife and but have planned to meet up with the "southerners" ;) in Stirling

Watch yourself with that lot mate ;)

They'll all try to sell you the "Big Issue" and then steal yer teeth when you blink :D

Where in Fife are you? We might just tag along with you to Stirling (if we can get the kids up early enough), if that's ok?

Cheers!

Scott

Scottie
2nd December 2004, 06:54 PM

Duncan - The idea is to meet for a drink with the option for food for thoose who want it.

But can everyone who wants to eat at the Hotel let me know so I can give them an idea of the number people eating!!!

We want food. That's 2 of us.

sleepyrascal
2nd December 2004, 08:15 PM
FOOOOOOODD!!!!!!

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 09:57 PM
Where in Fife are you? We might just tag along with you to Stirling (if we can get the kids up early enough), if that's ok?

I am from St Andrews. I am hoping to be able to take a call on the Stirling run
by the middle of next week (by the weather forecast). If the forecast is for snow or frost then I think I should keep the route for a non winter run as the high roads are very poorly looked after. (we nearly crashed many times on the recce at very slow speeds! :()
Either way you are welcome to join up for the run - we can make arrangements next week after I have decided if the Stirling run is on.

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 10:00 PM
Sorry to be a pain Paul but what does the Hotel offer and any idea of prices?

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 10:26 PM
Bar meals the menu looked like the usual pub food. Not sure about veggie options or daily specials though!

You could give them a call on 01796 481205 and ask them to fax you a menu.

Scottch
2nd December 2004, 10:35 PM
You are welcome to head to Stirling with us.
I am from St Andrews. Usually I would head along the A91 (could meet at Milnathort?) or we could head through Kennoway and go over the Kincardine bridge.

Thanks mate - any of those arrangements are fine with us, and the time *should* be okay - have warned me Julie that the kids would need to be up and ready.

We're in Kennoway, so practically on the side of your route to get there anyhow - are you planning on heading via Cupar and coming down the A916 or via Leven etc..?

Cheers!

Scott

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 11:09 PM
I come through Kennoway mosts days on the way to work - I use the back roads (B939 or unclassified roads through Peat Inn & new Gilston)- avoid Cupar at all costs! then join A916 to Kennoway then unclassified Star road across to Markinch - great fun in a Mini :D
Thinking about it the best route might be to Kennoway then across to Markinch and then the A911 through Leslie to rejoin A91 at Milnathort. should take about an hour that way leaving Kennoway about 9am.
(edited the route stuff out of the post above as I thought it was too much detail - you must of been replying as I did it! :D)

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 11:11 PM
Checked a 10 day forecast (to Sat 11th) and the outlook is mild :D

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2004, 11:13 PM

You could give them a call on 01796 481205 and ask them to fax you a menu.

Thanks Paul. I think we will bring a packed lunch to avoid overwhelming them if nothing is arranged.
Cheers :D

The Dogfather
2nd December 2004, 11:27 PM
They may lay on extra staff but only if we confirm that there'll be enough people wanting food.

So far I have Fi, Al, Sleepy, Me anymore?

Scottch
2nd December 2004, 11:31 PM
BDM,

Please add me, julie and the kids to the list for food mate.

Cheers!

Scott

Sheilz
2nd December 2004, 11:58 PM
Me and Nik too Paul. Thanks
:D:D:D
(That is as long as my navigator doesnt take me for a run within the run!)

macblob
3rd December 2004, 12:18 AM
Can you add my girlfriend to the list too please (macb +1).
Also can I be added to the Stirling run in my oversized MINI that isnt really a MINI lol
Ta

Nenah
3rd December 2004, 03:14 AM
Yep, count me in for food x 2 - may only be for 1 but add Jai for now. Cheers!!

Bazthemod
3rd December 2004, 03:31 AM
Sorry somethings come up, can you take us off the list please! :I:clown:

Gismo
3rd December 2004, 03:41 AM
Food for me :p not sure yet if others will be joining me or not

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 03:57 AM
Got the menu. It looks good.

Prices not bad and there's a good choice.

Picked mine already.:D

Scottch
3rd December 2004, 04:46 AM
Fi,

Any chance of a copy of the menu?

Cheers!

Scott

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 04:54 AM

Fi,

Any chance of a copy of the menu?

Cheers!

Scott

No probs you got a fax either at home or work. They also have a kids menu.

Craig
3rd December 2004, 04:56 AM
food for me and Jude.

Craig

Scottch
3rd December 2004, 05:08 AM
Fi,

Got a fax right here pal - just let me know when you're ready to send it and I'll forward you the number

Cheers!

Scott

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 05:44 AM

Fi,

Got a fax right here pal - just let me know when you're ready to send it and I'll forward you the number

Cheers!

Scott

It will have to be in the morning about 9.00am send me your number by e-mail.

Scottch
3rd December 2004, 05:51 AM
Fi,

E-mail just sent this mo'

Cheers!

Scott

sleepyrascal
3rd December 2004, 06:24 AM
FEED ME!!

Scottie
3rd December 2004, 06:00 PM

Fi,

E-mail just sent this mo'

Cheers!

Scott

Done:)

weefossy
3rd December 2004, 11:01 PM
Can you put Sioban, Neil + Mate and I,(4 in all) down for food. Having lost track of the thread, can someone confirm what time we are meeting at Stirling?? Ta.

G2 - S
4th December 2004, 07:46 PM
Em & I will be there for food after coming down with the Aberdeen crown. Looking forward to it.
G

Craig
4th December 2004, 08:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Can you put Sioban, Neil + Mate and I,(4 in all) down for food. Having lost track of the thread, can someone confirm what time we are meeting at Stirling?? Ta.

I don't think Duncan has set a time as yet, because if depends if we are going the scenic way or the motorway (this is down to the possibility of ice on the back roads etc.)

Craig

X30YES
4th December 2004, 08:43 PM
Food for me as well plz ... kids menu will be great:D:D:D

Sheilz
4th December 2004, 09:11 PM

Food for me as well plz ... kids menu will be great:D:D:D

Are you watching your waistline or just skint?;):D:D:D

sleepyrascal
4th December 2004, 10:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

Em & I will be there for food after coming down with the Aberdeen crown. Looking forward to it.
G

The Aberdeen crown!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!

ELFMAN
5th December 2004, 04:15 AM
Put us down for food too!

Car going in to various places to get various bits and pieces :D:cool:fitted this week, I'm going to hospital for a 'CT Scan' on Tues. for *@%$^€! :blackeye:recurring kidney stones :dead: so hopefully all should be OK for Sunday.... fingers (and other bits) :I crossed.:p

Steph
5th December 2004, 07:50 AM
I'll have food please.

G2 - S
6th December 2004, 04:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by G2 - S

G

The Aberdeen crown!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!

Yeh, thats right. Oh, and I should also check my spelling before pressing 'post'!

Mini Martyn
6th December 2004, 11:46 PM
Ill be on for the food to put me down havent yet decided on what to eat though. Whats the chat for the Glasgow crew, are wee meeting somewhere first?

The Dogfather
6th December 2004, 11:55 PM
A lot of people are meeting at Stirling - Duncan Stewart has been organising something.

Edited once by BS and once by - Bad Dog Mini on 06 Dec 2004 14:59:39 which is nice!

Mini Martyn
7th December 2004, 01:56 AM
Any idea what time the meet is at stirling?

The Dogfather
7th December 2004, 02:06 AM
Cue Duncan!!!!!!!!

The Dogfather
7th December 2004, 02:17 AM
Found it, Duncan post on page six says 10.30am if you go over the hills.

shoppie
7th December 2004, 08:28 AM
Food for me please:I

Mini Martyn
7th December 2004, 06:29 PM

Found it, Duncan post on page six says 10.30am if you go over the hills.

Nice one BDM, that means that i can get a long lie, see everyone their at 10.30am!!

Oh by the way its me plus 1 for lunch.

Duncan Stewart
7th December 2004, 09:01 PM
OK. Weather forecast is mild all week so I think we are safe for the over the hills route.
Meet at Stirling Services at 10:30am
Can you add this to the first post please Paul, thanks

Duncan Stewart
7th December 2004, 09:07 PM
Scottch - meet you outside the shops in Kennoway at 9am?

Scottch
7th December 2004, 09:10 PM
Dunc,

That's perfect mate - mail me your phone number for mine in return **just in case**
scott@scottch.com

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
8th December 2004, 06:55 AM
The grand decision has been made, put us down for food please!!:p

Duncan Stewart
8th December 2004, 09:19 PM
Put Helen and I down for food as well please. Cheers :D

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 09:37 PM
Ok, no need to repeat yourself ;)

Duncan Stewart
8th December 2004, 10:03 PM

Ok, no need to repeat yourself ;)

Internet Access at work playing up :clown: :I

Crombers
8th December 2004, 10:13 PM

OK. Weather forecast is mild all week so I think we are safe for the over the hills route.

Sorry folks but whereabouts exactly is Stirling Services :I & anybody else leaving from Glasgow(ish area) wanna go in convoy , Angus , Heather , anybody :question:

The Dogfather
8th December 2004, 10:23 PM
Junction 9 on the M80. It's one of the exits on the roundabout at the top of the slip roads.

Kirsty
9th December 2004, 12:36 AM
Can you please put me down for food too!!!!! Not sure what I'll have but as Julz knows if it doesn't move fast enough I'll eat it!! See you Stirling lot at 10.30 on Sunday!!

X30YES
9th December 2004, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Sorry folks but whereabouts exactly is Stirling Services :I & anybody else leaving from Glasgow(ish area) wanna go in convoy , Angus , Heather , anybody :question:
GLASGOW to Stirling ,I have to pick someone up at the brewers Fayre type pub next to the ZOO at 9-45 if anyone would like to meet there before the 12/12 Stirling/Blair Athol meet ..... (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=268500&y=662500&z=3&sv=glasgow+zoo&st=3&tl=Glasgow+Zoo,+Glasgow+City+&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf)

Julz
9th December 2004, 08:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

Can you please put me down for food too!!!!! Not sure what I'll have but as Julz knows if it doesn't move fast enough I'll eat it!!

That's why you all have to run away and hide!!;):p

Crombers
9th December 2004, 09:41 PM

quote:Originally posted by crombers

Glasgow to Stirling ,I have to pick someone up at the brewers Fayre type pub next to the ZOO at 9-45 if anyone would like to meet there before the 12/12 Stirling/Blair Athol meet ..... (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=268500&y=662500&z=3&sv=glasgow+zoo&st=3&tl=Glasgow+Zoo,+Glasgow+City+&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf)

OK see you there 09:45 , cheers

Mini Martyn
9th December 2004, 11:25 PM
My car might be broken, Im waiting on H Bors phoning me for an emergency appointment, failing that I will come and if it breaks i will phone mini emergency!! :disapprove:

I will keep you informed!!

checkgirl
9th December 2004, 11:30 PM
Can you put me + 1 down for food please? See you Sunday!

Julz
9th December 2004, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

My car might be broken

Doesn't surprise me, you are good at breaking things after all!!;):D

ELFMAN
10th December 2004, 01:00 AM
Got the new MINILITES and the Playmini Manifold fitted in time for Sunday (miracles do happen) - you'll probably hear it coming. Looking forward to seeing everbody @ Stirling Services.

Burple
10th December 2004, 01:37 AM
Oi!!
Paul!!!

Did you get me email matey? :question:

:D:D:D

Mini Martyn
10th December 2004, 01:48 AM
Oh no somebody remembered!! :clown::I

quote:Originally posted by Julz

My car might be broken

Doesn't surprise me, you are good at breaking things after all!!;):D

Burple
10th December 2004, 02:37 AM

Oh no somebody remembered!! :clown::I

Like there was any chance on this little fuzzy planet that you were going to get away with that! ;);):p:p:D:D

ELFMAN
10th December 2004, 05:10 AM
Attention X30YES:

Re. meeting near Glasgow Zoo, is the joint you're picking up at on the 'Uddingston side' from the zoo? Haven't been down that road for a while - there was also a big pub called 'The Ostler's Halt' just beyond the zoo on the bend of the old road towards Mount Vernon/Glasgow. Specify please. Cheers, Euan.

Heather
10th December 2004, 05:20 AM
BDM, Can you stick me and my chauffeur GAJ down for this little jaunt? Oh and yes to the grub too. Cheers.

Kirsty
10th December 2004, 08:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

quote:Originally posted by Kirsty

Can you please put me down for food too!!!!! Not sure what I'll have but as Julz knows if it doesn't move fast enough I'll eat it!!

That's why you all have to run away and hide!!;):p

JULZ!!!! I'll starve now that you've given them all a three day head start!!:(

Mini Martyn
10th December 2004, 09:48 PM
Mini emergency are on their way!! Hopefully will fix the problem by the road side, then onto get my new tyres, its looking good folks!! onless the mini guy needs to take it away then its a hire car for a few days!! :D

smiler
10th December 2004, 11:02 PM
Please could you add me to the list of attendees. I will be meeting the group in Stirling:)

I would like to partake of some food:p Do you need to know now?

P.S. I have not gone through the last few pages hence the reason I am askjing as I am trying to do this quickly from work.:)

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 12:07 AM
Smiler - Will add you to the list, don't need to know what you want to eat just that you want to eat...

Mini Martyn
11th December 2004, 12:57 AM
Car fixed, needed a new collent bottle, common fault the guy said, at least its new and sorted, tyres get fitted tomorow, will be like a new coin (only if i get the change to wash it) is their a prize for the dirtiest? (thats car nt mind people!!??) :I

X30YES
11th December 2004, 03:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Attention X30YES:

Re. meeting near Glasgow Zoo, is the joint you're picking up at on the 'Uddingston side' from the zoo? Haven't been down that road for a while - there was also a big pub called 'The Ostler's Halt' just beyond the zoo on the bend of the old road towards Mount Vernon/Glasgow. Specify please. Cheers, Euan.
Take the Daldowie Crematorium turn off turn right at the 'R.A.B' and the pud is across the road ...not sure what its called now Euan, see you Sunday

X30YES
11th December 2004, 03:10 AM

Ill be on for the food to put me down havent yet decided on what to eat though. Whats the chat for the Glasgow crew, are wee meeting somewhere first?
GLASGOW to Stirling ,I have to pick someone up at the brewers Fayre type pub next to the ZOO at 9-45 Crombers /Hogg88/Elfman ,if anyone else would like to meet there before the 12/12 Stirling/Blair Athol meet .....

ELFMAN
11th December 2004, 05:16 AM
X30YES/GLASGOW CREW:
Message received! C U Sunday @ the ZOO -
Quite appropriate really.... Where's me bananas?
Isn't it an "Ex-Zoo" now? (It is no more, it has ceased to be, it has shuffled off its mortal coil etc etc....).

minidriver#1
11th December 2004, 08:39 AM
can someone tell me what the quality of roads is like? cos if there is little chance of my 19s getting beat up to hell then i'll wax my cuts n bruises and whip the snake out for this one at the last minute.

The Dogfather
11th December 2004, 08:44 AM
KJ - Don't know what the Stirling route will be like but the Aberdeen route is mainly A-roads. Some of which you'll have been on when you did the Cullen Run, so they should be in a reasonable condition.

However my car did look like this after a 2 hours trip on A roads :eek: http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20007/50750.jpg

minidriver#1
11th December 2004, 08:56 AM
hehe excellent. i reckon i'll be up for it. i'll be bringing my own food though because i'm a bit skint just now, but its been a while since i was actively involved with the NMS folks :) cheers for letting me know. looking forward to seeing you on sunday man :)

Mini Me
11th December 2004, 10:07 PM
enjoy ,you lucky peeps,who ain't working and can go ......
don't think about me,stuck in the showroom all day ,bored stupid,worrying about ma flit on Friday,just you enjoy:p

Duncan Stewart
11th December 2004, 10:14 PM
BAD NEWS! - I have a bad cold that is only getting worse so will not make it tomorrow :dead::disapprove::(
The Stirling - Blair route is available below and you are welcome to use it if anyone wants to take copies to Stirling.
Could everyone who planned to meet at Stirling still meet at Stirling to let those who do not see this know that I will not make it, they those of you there can decide what way you want to go.
http://website.lineone.net/~ds011267/Stirling%20-%20Blair%20route.pdf
Very sorry about this, mega pi**ed off at missing this.
Everyone have a great time.

X30YES
11th December 2004, 11:07 PM
I have printed the route and will take some along as requested Duncan

Scottch
11th December 2004, 11:12 PM
Dunc,

Just received your text message while cleaning the car.

Absolutely gutted for you mate, especially after all the hard work you've put in :(

I'll print a few copies of your route and bung em in the motor to take to Stirling tomorrow.

In the meantime mate, get a few hot toddies down ya and maybe see how you feel in the morning?? ;)

Cheers!

Scott

Mini Me
11th December 2004, 11:17 PM
I hope all off the people meeting at stirling,will be popping in to place your orders for March :D;):eightball:
Open at 12......ish(x-mas night out)

Scottch
11th December 2004, 11:31 PM
Sorry Angus

You replied as I was typing - I can take along a few copies of the route if you need me to, just let me know.

Cheers!

Scott

Heather
12th December 2004, 01:53 AM
Get well soon duncan.:)

minidriver#1
12th December 2004, 03:52 AM
is it too late to put me down for food too? cos i think i'd like that :)

The Dogfather
12th December 2004, 04:26 AM
You're on the list for food

ELFMAN
12th December 2004, 04:39 AM
Rotten Luck, Duncan!!!!
Hope you're feeling better soon. See you on the next one.

shoppie
12th December 2004, 05:54 AM
Can I be upgraded to food?:I:I
Asked a couple of pages ago but it might have been missed.

Also.. I can't make any of the start times but I intend to join the Stirling group at Lochearnhead. Any idea what time you will arrive there??

Scottie
12th December 2004, 08:05 AM
27 cars 54 for food give or take:eek::eek:

The Dogfather
12th December 2004, 08:07 AM
I think I told them 40 for food, lets hope they can cope!

Scottch
12th December 2004, 08:18 AM
Are the runs always this well attended?

Cheers!

Scott

minidriver#1
12th December 2004, 09:35 AM
i think i might have to take my name off for food. my mate is comin too so we decided to take some pieces instead. sorry for the hassle.

X30YES
12th December 2004, 05:22 PM

I think I told them 40 for food, lets hope they can cope!
Dont worry Paul ....we can always go for a run till the rush is over :D:D:D

X30YES
12th December 2004, 05:25 PM

Sorry Angus

You replied as I was typing - I can take along a few copies of the route if you need me to, just let me know.

Cheers!

Scott
That will be great Scott..

X30YES
12th December 2004, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by shoppie

Can I be upgraded to food?:I:I
Asked a couple of pages ago but it might have been missed.

Also.. I can't make any of the start times but I intend to join the Stirling group at Lochearnhead. Any idea what time you will arrive there??
11 am ish Howard ...bring some smokies for lunch :p

X30YES
12th December 2004, 05:36 PM

Are the runs always this well attended?

Cheers!

Scott
Normally Scott, see here ;)
http://community.webshots.com/user/abinalba

Kirsty
12th December 2004, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear you're not well Duncan!! Get well soon!!
Angus, I've printed off 5 copies of the run too incase you need extras I know Scott has too!! See you all shortly!!

Craig
13th December 2004, 01:01 AM
As some of you may have noticed, we got all the way to Blair Atholl and did not make lunch.:( Phone call when we got there, family emergency, so had to return home smartish. Hope you all enjoyed lunch (the sporran o' plenty is magic!).

Will (hopefully) see you on a run soon, that is only if the pace or the run is less than race pace. My sister (smiler) on her very first run was that traumatised by the speed we were travelling at had to pull over and get me to drive and my wife had to drive my car. I have been on quite a few runs and this is the only one that has made me think about the safety of the runs and also the image that we as participants, are giving of newminiscotland. I know that this has been discussed in the past, but some people just aren't getting the message. If you are out on your own, do 90 down an A class road if you want to, but if you have another 12/13cars in tow, it would be nice to keep the speed down a bit and keep everyone together for everyone's safety. I might be wrong, but if we had bumped into a wee speed trap by the rozzers, there could have been a few people with points on their licence or worst still, a court appearance.

Rant Over.

Craig

Gismo
13th December 2004, 03:08 AM
I just made it home, didnae like the front spoiler scraping off the tow truck as it went on and off :evil:
But, home in the end, thanks to Paul for the run, food was excellent, consumed in record speed :I even for me

3GGG
13th December 2004, 03:13 AM

I just made it home, didnae like the front spoiler scraping off the tow truck as it went on and off :evil:

What happened?:question:

Gismo
13th December 2004, 03:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
Stopped off in Pitlochry to fill up with petrol and water, noticed the driver side front tyre was flat (only at the bottom :evil:)
Used the goo stuff and inflated the tyre, succeeded in blasting the goo oot the hole :eek:
Had to get Mini assistance to take me home :(
Anyone want to buy a car :dead:

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 03:37 AM

quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
Stopped off in Pitlochry to fill up with petrol and water, noticed the driver side front tyre was flat (only at the bottom :evil:)
Used the goo stuff and inflated the tyre, succeeded in blasting the goo oot the hole :eek:

Nightmare - how big was the hole??? :(

Is that the first time you have used the goo in "anger"????

3GGG
13th December 2004, 03:40 AM

Anyone want to buy a car :dead:

:eek: Bummer - I take it you didn't have that tyresafe stuff in the tyres before this happened :question:

Heather
13th December 2004, 03:54 AM
Nice to see everyone again, despite not being in the best of health (and not getting any lunch due to f**k up by the staff) Many thanks to malcolm and siobhan for feeding me christmas cake and tea. Hope Bonnie gets his tyre sorted out soon:eek: Oh and those were very interesting horn sounds John:eek::D And GAJ says he echos these statements as he cannot be ersed logging on himself!!:D

red devil
13th December 2004, 04:16 AM
What time did you all meet in Blair Atholl today , my b/f was there but didnt see any minis

Mini Me
13th December 2004, 04:30 AM
Glad you all had fun(lucky buggers) i saw my first cutomer after 3 hours,and he was looking for a Merc garage(coughstosser):p

Scottch
13th December 2004, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the great day out peeps and the very warm welcome given!

Smashin to meet up and put faces to cars/names at last.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound without any points!

Cheers!

Scott
P.S. Duncan - damn shame you couldn't make it buddy - your route was diamond mate!

Duncan Stewart
13th December 2004, 04:35 AM
Glad you had a good time everyone. Hope to see everyone at the next event :D

Gismo
13th December 2004, 04:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by red devil
What time did you all meet in Blair Atholl today , my b/f was there but didnt see any minis
We met up about 12.45 onwards and then must have lefta round 3 - 3.30

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:03 AM
Scotch...hope the kids kept the lunch down on the way to Rannoch Station and back again. Fantastic roads Duncan from Stirling as was the blast to Rannoch and back agin ...(sorry you missed the day out ).Also sorry to hear about your tyre BS and that you had to leave early also .
Another good day out was had by all ....well done to Paul and Duncan for some splendid routes .

Scottie
13th December 2004, 05:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

As some of you may have noticed, we got all the way to Blair Atholl and did not make lunch.:( Phone call when we got there, family emergency, so had to return home smartish. Hope you all enjoyed lunch (the sporran o' plenty is magic!).

Will (hopefully) see you on a run soon, that is only if the pace or the run is less than race pace. My sister (smiler) on her very first run was that traumatised by the speed we were travelling at had to pull over and get me to drive and my wife had to drive my car. I have been on quite a few runs and this is the only one that has made me think about the safety of the runs and also the image that we as participants, are giving of newminiscotland. I know that this has been discussed in the past, but some people just aren't getting the message. If you are out on your own, do 90 down an A class road if you want to, but if you have another 12/13cars in tow, it would be nice to keep the speed down a bit and keep everyone together for everyone's safety. I might be wrong, but if we had bumped into a wee speed trap by the rozzers, there could have been a few people with points on their licence or worst still, a court appearance.

Rant Over.

Craig

I wonder what happened to you came out side no car:question:

Scottie
13th December 2004, 05:06 AM
Angus smart polo shirt fits Allan a treat.

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Angus smart polo shirt fits Allan a treat.

:D...thought he might like it ;)

Scottch
13th December 2004, 05:10 AM

Scotch...hope the kids kept the lunch down on the way to Rannoch Station and back again.

Angus,

Thanks for your thoughts mate - the kids, believe it or not, both fell asleep on the return route from Rannoch! Even they had a great time, and the wee fella has done nowt other than talk about all the mini's he saw today.

Here's looking forward to the next one!

Cheers!

Scott

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 05:10 AM
Home safe just, deaf as a post but grining a lot. Will post again later.

Thanks to all for making it worthwhile!

Steph
13th December 2004, 05:21 AM
I had a good time, road to Rannoch station was cool, though coming back in the dark has given me a thumping headache. Couldn't make out where the road was going to twist next!

Thanks BDM for arranging the run and correcting my tyre pressures (that'll teach me to check 'em every now and again at least!:I). Pressure warning has not reappeared so far, fingers crossed. Mission soon to Halfords to get cool gauge and compressor! Or will maybe ask Santa.

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Rant Over.

Craig

I wonder what happened to you came out side no car:question:
Sorry you had to go Craig and miss lunch ,also hope all is well at home !.
Re speed; at the end of the day its the drivers foot that dictates how fast or how slow you go,that's why route times and distances are supplied and a pecking order will always arise no matter the route or run ....me ,I go with the flow and blast at the front or tag along at the rear when I feel the need .

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:28 AM
What happened to the meet up at the last bridge at the end of the Rannoch road for the run to Stirling ?.I waited till the last car.. Julz/Rob arrived then followed them down the A9

weefossy
13th December 2004, 05:43 AM
Home safe after another great run. Thanks to all involved, for making it happen.
Graigd has a point. That Audi driver was p**sed off by something/ someone when he came head on at me???!!! Don't know what, anyone any ideas.
It does make you think of how we can get the balance right. Words like having fun, greasey roads, enjoying the car, too close together, that's what it was built for, are frequently mentioned in everyones' conversations. I don't know what the answer is, but

It's a thin line, that margin for error!

Great to see everyone again.

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:46 AM
Audi Driver ?

X30YES
13th December 2004, 05:50 AM

Home safe just, deaf as a post but grining a lot. Will post again later.

Thanks to all for making it worthwhile!
YW BDM ...will bring you some ear defenders next trip offshore :D:D:D

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks BDM. Me and Nik enjoyed ourselves despite having to borrow from John coz I'd left me purse at home and our mandatory detour. One day..........! Cheers for waiting for us to Perth. Just as well you didnt wait any longer coz wee eck started playing up big time. Thought i might have a puncture so kept the speed down but eventually the racket and vibration got so bad had to stop but couldnt find anything wrong with the tyres. Car's behaving like a tractor 20 -50mph and when the brakes are applied gently. Quietens if I brake fast. got fed up crawling home so put the foot down at portlethen and the damned thing got quieter. I think a visit to JC is urgently required. Its a mystery to me.
Thank you

:D:D:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
13th December 2004, 06:29 AM
IN RESPONSE TO CRAIGD..

I hear what your saying. But If there is a fast group of cars, there is no rule which says you must keep up. If you fancy a slower pace, hang back and follow the map. You are not the only one Craig. There are a few like you and your sister who prefer the lower speeds. Actually there are more than a few. Thats fine and usually, in my experience, there is a group who will stick to lower speeds. Each to their own and all that!

I bought the mini for its handling, and I bought the cooper rather than the one, for some extra pace. If we were all to go on runs to drive at a slow pace, we would have been better of saving a few thousand and all buying ones surely. I stick to speed limits in built up areas, but otherwise, I enjoy a bit of a thrash on the open road.

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 06:34 AM
Sounds like the cars had a hard day, Sheilz, Callum and Allan all having a troublesome day.

Re: Speed, I agree with Angus but perhaps a degree of restraint might help so we don't upset to many bystanders. Perhaps a voluntary speed limit and a code of conduct. However we've got to remember that some of these Rover driving muppets would just as upset if you passed them bang on the speed limit. I don't think we're far off from getting the balance right.

I would like to tank everyone for coming, it makes it worthwhile organising a run when you get such a good turn out.

Craig
13th December 2004, 06:34 AM

IN RESPONSE TO CRAIGD..

I hear what your saying. But If there is a fast group of cars, there is no rule which says you must keep up. If you fancy a slower pace, hang back and follow the map. You are not the only one Craig. There are a few like you and your sister who prefer the lower speeds. Actually there are more than a few. Thats fine and usually, in my experience, there is a group who will stick to lower speeds. Each to their own and all that!

I bought the mini for its handling, and I bought the cooper rather than the one, for some extra pace. If we were all to go on runs to drive at a slow pace, we would have been better of saving a few thousand and all buying ones surely. I stick to speed limits in built up areas, but otherwise, I enjoy a bit of a thrash on the open road.

Fully agree with your sentiment sleepy, but was also being left behind in the built up areas:eek: I like a blast, just like the next person, but I think there is a time and a place. On winter roads, when you have a lot of cars travelling in convoy on small roads I don't think is the time or the place - IMHO. Don't even get me started on some of the overtaking....

Craig

weefossy
13th December 2004, 06:35 AM
Angus, just before Athol we had fallen behind the pack a bit. There was a long straight stretch so we overtook a slow car followed by McBlob, without any drama / problems. Coming towards us was this Audi A4; he crossed over onto our side of the road with lights full on, coming straight at us. Thought he was playing "Chicken". At the last minute he went back on to his side waving his fist furiously. Neither Brian or us had done anything untoward, so I could only assume he had been p**sed off, back up the road a bit. Typical Audi driver...Ha Ha!!

weefozzy Jr
13th December 2004, 06:44 AM
re audi driver he came out a turning just up that straight, with lights on. as KJ and i went along it. dont know what the problem was i had the music turned down. great run tho i must say, enjoyed the left turn drop down bend myself. harnesses hugged me a treat.

sleepyrascal
13th December 2004, 06:48 AM

IN RESPONSE TO CRAIGD..

Fully agree with your sentiment sleepy, but was also being left behind in the built up areas:eek: I like a blast, just like the next person, but I think there is a time and a place. On winter roads, when you have a lot of cars travelling in convoy on small roads I don't think is the time or the place - IMHO. Don't even get me started on some of the overtaking....

Craig

I will admit that some of the overtaking can be wild! I am against speeding through towns for sure!

Maybe there could be two lead cars on future runs? A faster paced and a slower. In your defence Craig, there is a safety issue to be addressed. It is just difficult to keep everybody happy. If runs were made to stick to a low pace at all times, I think some of the appeal would be lost for many.

IDEA!!

new site: WWW.SLOWMINISCOTLAND.CO.UK :D:D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 06:57 AM
Draft Code of Conduct: -

No speeding through built up areas.
No going over 80mph (single carriageways) 90mph dual and Mways.
All ways think twice before overtaking
No red bull
Always be polite to other road users even if they are F'ing 'ankers

Just a thought.

Scottie
13th December 2004, 07:03 AM
re speed we normally like to stay at the back of the pack (although I was in the front of the pack going back down from Rannoch hope I din't hold up any of you up:p). I think the trick is to know what your own capabilities are and to drive accordingly do not let anyone push you on just pull in and let them pass.

I normally keep my fastest speeds to roads I know and motorways.

On B roads or single track I always try to keep in mind other road users not wanting to travel to close you never know whats around the corner or when another car is coming towards you.

See the thing is if I want to take any of the mini's out for a true blast I would only do it with Allan:p what I mean is I know him his driving and he knows mine we can push it to the limit without involving others.

I wouldnt do that on a run I don't know how others drive.

weefozzy Jr
13th December 2004, 07:07 AM
no red bull thats not fair..............it gives you wings

Nenah
13th December 2004, 07:10 AM

No red bull

Just a thought.

NO red bull!!!??? What the..? :eek::eek:

Anyway, awesome run Paul, once again! Great roads, great food - one of my favorite runs yet...even if the moron on the road back from station wouldnt move over!

As for the speed discussion, well its up to the individual to gauge their ability and drive accordingly. I have no problems and happily indicating to let faster people overtake or overtaking people out only for a cruise so they dont feel pressured to go faster than comfortable. :) so long as everyone has a good time in their own way! :D

Scottch
13th December 2004, 08:01 AM
Guys,

I'm very new here and not sure if yet qualified to comment on this discussion regarding speed, especially when there's already been far too much talk about this now

However ....

its up to the individual to gauge their ability and drive accordingly. I have no problems and happily indicating to let faster people overtake or overtaking people out only for a cruise so they dont feel pressured to go faster than comfortable. :) so long as everyone has a good time in their own way! :D

Having had this very problem already in the motorcycling community for years, the only easy solution I've experienced that works is what Nenah said.

Sure, there are much more complicated systems with sweepers and spotters etc.. but with those systems someone always has to give something up.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Know where you're going, how to get there, drive at your own pace and let quicker drivers through. Exactly as Nenah said ;) Oh, and if you're speeding in towns/ villages then you deserve to be caught!

Rather than have all this here, as it seems to be a general run problem, maybe one of the mods can create a new topic and not let all this talk detract from what really was a cracking run today!

Hope I've not stepped on any toes!!

Cheers!

Scott

Sheilz
13th December 2004, 08:10 AM
I think someone's first run can be quite stressful coz you think the expectation is to keep up or everyone'll get p****d off if you hold others up. If you have to travel with the motley crew from Aberdeen you soon realise that tortoises canna keep pace with hares (aye we 'a ken fa's fa) and nobody seems to mind. They even have volunteer search parties for wandering tortoises.

As for general rules I think that even if we encounter snail drivers who lack the courtesy to pull over we shouldn't really harrass them no matter how frustrating - fullbeams, riding on their tail and tooting horns etc (no names, no pack drill sshh!)is kind of embarrasing. It does give a really bad image coz no matter the rights or wrongs of any situation it makes mini drivers look aggressive and equally lacking in courtesy. :D:D:D

Nenah
13th December 2004, 08:10 AM

Guys,

I'm very new here and not sure if yet qualified to comment on this discussion regarding speed, especially when there's already been far too much talk about this now

However ....

its up to the individual to gauge their ability and drive accordingly. I have no problems and happily indicating to let faster people overtake or overtaking people out only for a cruise so they dont feel pressured to go faster than comfortable. :) so long as everyone has a good time in their own way! :D

Having had this very problem already in the motorcycling community for years, the only easy solution I've experienced that works is what Nenah said.

Sure, there are much more complicated systems with sweepers and spotters etc.. but with those systems someone always has to give something up.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Know where you're going, how to get there, drive at your own pace and let quicker drivers through. Exactly as Nenah said ;) Oh, and if you're speeding in towns/ villages then you deserve to be caught!

Rather than have all this here, as it seems to be a general run problem, maybe one of the mods can create a new topic and not let all this talk detract from what really was a cracking run today!

Hope I've not stepped on any toes!!

Cheers!

Scott

Nicely put, Scott!

The Dogfather
13th December 2004, 08:26 AM
Well put, Scott! I agree also!

GAJ
13th December 2004, 08:29 AM

No red bull
Just a thought.

I'm not sure what part of this are serious and what part are meant to be humouress. NMS run directions usually include common sense guidelines for runs which may be considered to form a suggested code of conduct. These include trying to keep the cars in front and behind in view at all times and being considerate to the rest of the group and to other road users. NMS runs are not races and participants should not be blasting past others. It goes without saying that speed limits should always be observed, unfortunately we don't have the power to suggest higher limits. I asked the Polis but they said 'naw!'

Heather
13th December 2004, 08:45 AM
First of all anyone can create a topic, it does not need to be a mod. I think what has been forgotton about speed is that there are limits in this country, like it or not, and they should be adhered to. Large groups of cars screaming around the country attract attention and that may not always be welcome. It also increases the risk of accidents, which have happened on previous NMS and miniclan runs, and this should also be kept in mind.
I disagree with it being a problem with clubs. As a previous fireblade owner, i never encountered others being left behind. Nor is this something that i have seen on miniclan runs. If folk want to race round the country perhalps they should consider rallying. Malcolm hit the point on the head when i was talking to him earlier. We passed through some beautiful scenery today but due to the speeds that were being done i bet most of us missed it. As for the point of "take your time' it is not human nature to be left behind especially when we set out to have a run with other minis end up driving by ourselves.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the law is the law. I for one do not want to see an accident.

Smurf
13th December 2004, 05:08 PM
I'm afraid I'm with Craig D, Tribalmini, and the other 'slow' drivers on this one. There's a time and a place for blatting about, and a mass run isnt' it. Drawing attention to ourselves by speeding and silly overtaing is not a good thing. I'm sorry, but it doesn't make for a fun day out, that's why you won't see me on many NMS runs, they are just too stupid. It doesn't help our cause if passers by and other road users get upset. We want to make people smile when they see us, not run and hide...

Oh, and as for being slow, it has nothing to do with not being capable of driving fast. C'mon guys, I RACED cars for 11 years before a neck injury forced me to stop. I'm more than capable of 'keeping up'! Just because I don't, doesn't mean I can't.

I think a bit of common sense is asked for, before some members feel really isolated. The pace of the runs has to drop a bit.... I agree that each person enjoys different things, some of you love to scream about in convoy. Fine, you go do that. Just don't say that the rest of us with a bit more sense don't enjoy our cars as much and should have bought Ones.......

By the way, do you guys know that you're supposed to inform the Police of any kind of convoy? I think we get away with it because there are usually only a dozen cars, but this kinda makes me think that if there were a dozen cars caught driving dangerously (in their opinion) on a run they knew nothing about, they'd throw the book at you....

<gets back down off soap box!>

MartinSullivan
13th December 2004, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf
By the way, do you guys know that you're supposed to inform the Police of any kind of convoy? I think we get away with it because there are usually only a dozen cars, but this kinda makes me think that if there were a dozen cars caught driving dangerously (in their opinion) on a run they knew nothing about, they'd throw the book at you....

<gets back down off soap box!>

I am not getting involved in the "too fast/too slow" debate - but would like to agree with Smurfs comment about convoys.

A few years ago I was heavily involved in the classic scene down south and we used to organise a lot of runs. On one run there was a pile up - one car was writen off and several others were damaged. When insurance claims were put in, the insurance company were suspicious as all the cars, witnesses etc were in minis. They eventually refused to pay out as they deemed the run to be a motorsport event/rally which people werent covered for.

Monsta Mo Mini
13th December 2004, 06:17 PM
Firstly - I'd be grateful if some of our newer members refer to the thread at the top of this section.

I've been very disappointed to hear of high speed shenanigans happening on an NMS event.

We've been here before and put simply, it's got to stop. As owner of the site, I want no part in a potentially tragic turn of events.

The age old arguments get churned out time and time again....

"We're all adults and we can make up our own minds about how fast we can drive..."
"Go at your own pace...."
"Let the faster cars go through...BLAH BLAH BLAH!
" It's how it's meant to be driven..."

Well OK, your entitled to your opinion. What it boils down to though is that the faster cars ARE the problem. They piss other road users off, alienate other NMS members and turn the event into a nightmare for the organiser. It also tarnishes the reputation of NMS as a group (See Smurf's comments) and will potentially put off new members.

We have a set of guidelines which had been applied to previous runs and generally speaking most people have stuck to them which makes for a relaxing and enjoyable day out for all concerned.

If you want to drive at excessive speed on the public highways, do it in your own time.

If you want to add to this debate please do it it the MINI run rules thread. That way we can get this one back on topic

Mini Martyn
13th December 2004, 07:20 PM
To get back on topic, what a fantastic day, thanks to everyone who organised it, lunch was great the roads and veiws were fantastic!!

Hearing Kirsty screen was also another highlight ;)

Got home safely last night and what a dirty ass i have today!! :I

See you all soon.

p.s Driving fast is bad when you dont know whats around the corner (thats all i am saying)

Crombers
13th December 2004, 10:12 PM
Great day right from the off. As most Stirling runners will agree the drive on the way up to Blair Atholl was superb , especially through the twisties. Once again nice to put faces to names , ScottieCoop , Mellow ("Ronnie") Yellow , G3ELF & Nenah (thanks for the water) , & hope I have not forgot anyone else here. The run to Rannoch Station was my favourite to date (only my third run & it just gets better & better) & cannot wait for more in 2005.
Apologies to Stirling runners (especially Angus , sorry mate) for not hanging around in Pitlochry at the end but as intimated I had been invited round to friends for dinner to round off a fantistic day (meant to be there for 6 but made Dumbarton at 6.45). Finally my thanks to Angus for ma Silver Cooper polo shirt albeit that I,m probably not your ideal "shaped" model to show off anything !!
See ya all next year.

Kirsty
13th December 2004, 11:06 PM
A brilliant day!! Really nice to catch up and meet everyone again!! :)Some spectacular scenery and great roads, oh and not to forget the food once it finally arrived (Julz and Rob)!!:D John I think you do take the "horn" biscuit tho, I'll need to try harder to outdo you now!!:p Very dirty bum on my baby today (think Martin's own bum is dirty by the sounds of it HEE HEE!!) As for screeNing I do remember screaMing over the left hand corner drop thingy!!! (Neil) :eek: Disappeared at the end with Martin and KJ to head down the A9 cos someone had to go to the loo and it was getting late!! TOOOT TOOOT!!!:p Looking forward to the next run!!:D

checkgirl
14th December 2004, 01:31 AM
Sounds like I missed an interesting day. Unfortunately the festivities of Saturday night got the better if me. I look forward to the next run though!

ELFMAN
14th December 2004, 06:05 PM
Most enjoyable day out! Wasn't the food in Blair Atholl good? Being starving, Bill and I grabbed a table near the bar and got food (force of habit), then realised we were on our own. We ate up, but by then, there were no seats next to anybody in NMS..... so we weren't being anti-social - just HUNGRY!

After Rannoch Station run - eyes out on stalks - (thanks to the red 'S' Convertible and big blue Zeemax for "Pathfinding") we didn't stop at the Bridge as we had to dive down to Pitlochry to refuel, then onto A9.

A good time was had by (mostly) all, agree with various comments - but that's not for this thread.

Glad everyone got home (punctures etc permitting) fairly safely, which is always a relief when the roads are as grotty as they were. Nice selection of cars as usual, folks. See you soon, drive carefully y'all.

Haddy Grimble and a Merry Goo Year, as Mr. Lennon once said.

Scottie
14th December 2004, 07:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

After Rannoch Station run - eyes out on stalks - (thanks to the red 'S' Convertible and big blue Zeemax for "Pathfinding") we didn't stop at the Bridge as we had to dive down to Pitlochry to refuel, then onto A9.

That's ok funny thing was I suddenly remembered half way back down the rannoch road that I forgotton my glasses.;)

ELFMAN
15th December 2004, 12:31 AM
AHA! Scottiecoop -
That explains the cornering speeds then.......
Blind Faith - I had my eyes shut! I just tried to match your exhaust note/revs as a guide.
Cheers.