PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Woz
7th June 2003, 01:36 AM
Its coming up to that time of year where I have to hand over a bucket load of cash to the money grabbing car insurance firms (Present company excepted if any of you work in insurance :cool:)

I have tried various places but my best quote so far is £330 from Direct Line, Most others have been £400+. (See sig for the cars spec)

The BMW insurance was the cheapest until they wanted £50 extra a year for AST+C and the stripes on the car :eek: and there was me thinking that traction control would help with the cost :(

I think that is the cheapest I will get unless any of you have any tips?

Thanks

Woz

3GGG
7th June 2003, 04:37 AM
Its unbelievable that Insurance companies charge extra for things like stripes! They never asked if mine has stripes (which it doesn't). I better not tell them that I have the extra head airbags or they will wan't to charge more for that as well. Reminds me of my brother's classic mini and how they hiked the insurance when he a roll cage fitted.
Sure it wasn't like this when I was a kid, I had Peco exhausts, rally lights and other go faster things and they never bothered.

Linda M
7th June 2003, 05:09 PM
I got a great deal on Daisy through ADMIRAL.

3GGG
7th June 2003, 06:24 PM
Have you tried eSure? They gave me a good deal. Paid less for my Cooper than my Renault Meganne with my previous insurers.
"RELAX its only an advertisment"

Monsta Mo Mini
7th June 2003, 07:05 PM
Direct Line were the cheapest for me by a long way.

duncan
7th June 2003, 10:43 PM
I went with MINICover.
Asked them about the "extras" and they didn't charge for them.
I even phoned twice to check!

Direct Line seem to run MINICover but they also run Privilege, and Tesco.
Phone MINI Cover and tell them Direct Line are cheaper, and see what they say.

I was 250 for my One, with full no claims protected.

Julz
8th June 2003, 04:43 AM
elephant.co.uk beat about everyone!! But i would advise trying confused.com cause they search all the big companies for you, leaves you with more time to polish your mini!! (Rob just insured with admiral and to insure me too cost a whopping £2.10 extra!!!:p)

Big Gordy
8th June 2003, 04:32 PM
Minicover quoted me just £185 with no claims protection and 17" alloys on my One when I phoned plus they supply you with a Mini courtesy car when your's is in being fixed. Cheapest by far so far but that might be because I'm an old fart of 43!!!!!!

K15 JHN
9th June 2003, 06:27 AM
i got £220 from mini cover for my one. im 25 with full ncb. that was with a additional driver who is 22. there is something with mini cover that if you do write of the mini you wont be out of pocket. some insurance companies would fall short leaving you with money to pay out even though you dont have it anymore. i recommend mini cover.

euan
12th June 2003, 08:02 PM
Well, this is topical...

I just re-insured my Cooper for 380 with Esure. I'm 27, 6 years ncb and clean license. However....I am plotting to buy an S at the moment. Was not going to, but did the sums and it works out VERY well, the only issue is with insurance. Cheapest quote so far? 641 on an S through a company called Bell Direct - anyone heard of this lot before?

I reckon 641 on an S is pretty decent, considering it's group 15. Anyone got any thoughts?

Julz
12th June 2003, 08:42 PM
I still recommend elephant, they quoted me £440 and I'm only 23:D

Tahra
12th June 2003, 09:21 PM
John used Bell Direct with his last car ( MX5 ) no hassles very good quote, he's also a bit of a youngster. There was something odd in that it was actually a wee bit cheaper to have me, being older and wiser, as a second driver !