PDA

View Full Version : Don't let your parents drive your Mini!!!!

Burple
11th November 2004, 11:41 PM
A certain parent of mine (who shall remain nameless) moved my car last night, and left me a note asking if she'd (oops :evil:) managed to set the alarm correctly.
What she didn't tell me was that she'd managed to
KERB MY BLOODY FRONT DRIVERS SIDE WHEEL ALMOST QUARTER OF THE WAY ROUND!!!!!!!!!! :disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::mad::mad::mad ::blackeye::blackeye::eek::eek:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Most of it's not too bad, but there's two damn big chunks out of it.

Surely she noticed the metal hitting stone!! I know I did, and it wasn't nearly as bad as that effort!

I've not seen her since it happened, but please everyone keep your pets and children indoors tonight... :(:(:(

Are there any mobile guys out there who fix wheels? and how much? Or anyone know of anywhere round the Dundee area?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 11:45 PM
There is a mobile guy round Aberdeen who does a really good job, not sure if he travels as far as Dundee though - might be worth a call, at least he might recommend someone else that does.

Wullie at Blasted Alloys
Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

Parents eh!!! Cant live with 'em, cant kill 'em

Big Col
11th November 2004, 11:51 PM
It wasn't his mum. It was him! He juest doesn't want to admit it! :p

AberdeenMini
12th November 2004, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

There is a mobile guy round Aberdeen who does a really good job, not sure if he travels as far as Dundee though - might be worth a call, at least he might recommend someone else that does.

Wullie at Blasted Alloys
Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

Parents eh!!! Cant live with 'em, cant kill 'em

That guy did my neighbours, top job.

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 12:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
It wasn't his mum. It was him! He juest doesn't want to admit it! :p

I kinda suspect you are right - but I didnt want to make a big deal of it, cause he is obviously embarassed about it 8):(:clown:

Burple
12th November 2004, 12:41 AM
Oi!!! <Slap! <Slap!>... there... that's one each! :p:evil:

heh.. nah, I freely admit that I've dne one of my other ones, but not NEARLY as bad as this! :(:mad::disapprove::blackeye:

Any idea how much this guy costs? I believe there may be one round Carnoustie way...

Ta.. :D

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 12:44 AM
He usually charges 30 to 40 quid a wheel, but if you get a full set done it takes him all day and he takes the wheels off, removes the tyres, repairs the wheels and pops the tyres back on - so its not bad really and he does do a really good job

Scottie
12th November 2004, 12:48 AM
I've used the Carnoustie guy and he was fine £30 a wheel.

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 12:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oi!!! <Slap! <Slap!>... there... that's one each! :p:evil:

Owwwwww!!!! my knee cap :D

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 12:57 AM
I'm always worrying about my wheels, but only when Jackie drives :blackeye:

Sheilz
12th November 2004, 01:19 AM
The chap Martin recommended lives in Laurencekirk. He's doing mine on the 27th. I think he prefers going to poeple rather than them going to him coz the paint is only touch dry when he finishes so the smooth finish may be compromised by dirt etc off the road. He did say he's had a few folk going back to complain about the rough texture they're left with not realising its because they've driven it too soon aftrwards.

Nenah
12th November 2004, 02:49 AM
I had all 4 wheels on my car refurbed by Blasted Alloys and I cannot recommend them enough! He did a supurb job of my gutter bumped & grinded alloys that they looked brand new when he finished! He arrived at 8.30 and left at 5.30pm. One cutionary word - if you have irritable neighbours/surrounding offices it might be worth telling them you're getting this done as his compressor is very LOUD and in use most of the time! My wheels cost £40 each and I felt I had ripped the guy off the results were so good esp. after spending the entire day working on them.

zimbo
12th November 2004, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Surely she noticed the metal hitting stone!!

Ummmm dont you mean "alloy" hitting stone... :p;)

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 08:10 PM
Alloys are metal!

Burple
12th November 2004, 11:30 PM
quote:

Ummmm dont you mean "alloy" hitting stone... :p;)

Numbnut!! What sort of alloy are your wheels made of? Wood? ;)

I'll let her drive yours the next time you come round if you like! ;):cool::D:p:blackeye::eek: