PDA

View Full Version : Where do i ge a cheap Ipod

sleepyrascal
11th November 2004, 03:08 AM
Does anyone know the best place to buy an ipod? Preferably new!! Or is the price pretty much standard all over?

Gismo
11th November 2004, 03:16 AM
MicroDirect (http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=7124&GroupID=379)

sleepyrascal
11th November 2004, 03:21 AM
cheers bonnie

Gismo
11th November 2004, 04:17 AM
I get discount from them as well, but, when you add the postage it comes out at the same price

They have them in stock for next day delivery :)

GAJ
11th November 2004, 05:28 AM
I might be selling my 40GB one soon. My shiny new 60GB colour one is in the post!:p

Thanks again! You know who you are!;)

macblob
11th November 2004, 05:49 AM
ur such an ipod geek Gaj, how many is that uve bought so far?

Ive got mine hooked up in the car now, sounds really good

sleepyrascal
11th November 2004, 06:36 AM
Nice one GAJ!! I would be interested in that!! Keep me posted?

Monsta Mo Mini
11th November 2004, 07:36 AM
£268 for a 40gig on Amazon..but then GAJs could be supplied with his highly educational music collection ready installed.

GAJ
11th November 2004, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

ur such an ipod geek Gaj, how many is that uve bought so far?
Ive got mine hooked up in the car now, sounds really good

GAJ the iPod geek! Cheers! What a claim to fame. I never bought the original 5GB version as I had just bought a Creative Labs MP3 player a few weeks before the iPod was announced; I was gutted, the Creative Labs thing was guff!:( I bought a scroll wheel 10GB iPod which is my favourite so far, I love the spinny wheel, then replaced it with a 3rd gen 40GB version. I also imported a green iPod Mini from the States when they launched over there but I no longer own that. Enough said!;) The 60 GB iPod Photo is a surprise birthday present which is no longer a surprise.:p;) Absolute top quality present too, I am well chuffed about it.:cool: Respect, where it is due!!:D

That makes this one my fourth!

Still not sure if I will sell the 40GB. I have that hooked up through the HU in the car too and it sounds ace! Might just leave that in the car and keep the colour one for the walk to work and use in the house. Decisions decisions! Don't know whether if I do sell it, it will be a 3rd gen or 4th gen. H has a 4th gen and we think that my 3rd gen is better, it seems better made than the 4th gen and as it's a US model it's a bit louder. She might want to swap! 4th gen is supposed to offer up to 12 hours of battery life instead of the 3rd gen's 8 hours but I can't say I have noticed such an extreme difference, if any. The iPod Photo claims 15 hours! I'll keep you informed though. Currently over 7000 songs on it as Calum said - catering for all musical tastes, good and bad, country and western, rock and roll, all fully tagged and with embedded cover art; bring on the colour model!:approve: