PDA

View Full Version : Drivers seat bolster repair

TattieScone
23rd June 2023, 03:24 PM
Hi,

I have a 2007 R52 Cooper S and about 5 inches of stitching on the drivers seat bolster has come loose and the foam is showing.

Can anyone suggest someone in the Central Scotland area that would repair ?

I've asked a few people however because of the airbag they have been reluctant to repair it.

Any suggestions would be helpful as I'm reluctant to replace an otherwise perfectly good leather seat ?

Cheers

Liz M
23rd June 2023, 04:37 PM
You do know that the seat cover is removeable and can be repaired off the car without having to replace the entire seat? We had an issue with the zipper on the back of the driver's seat - it got entangled in the seat mechanism and broke off the tag - and the dealer simply fitted a new seat cover.

Jim M

TattieScone
23rd June 2023, 04:50 PM
Yes, I just cant get anyone to repair it so far. Cheers.

badwolf340
24th June 2023, 07:03 AM
Why not see how much a new seat cover would be if you can’t get old one repaired :yes nod:

Liz M
24th June 2023, 11:54 AM
I know an automotive trimmer up here in the Northeast, but I am pretty sure there is a guy in Edinburgh - he does trimming on classic and kit cars, but I would need to ask around for his name as I haven't used him myself.

Jim M

Davo
24th June 2023, 02:54 PM
Last time I had a seat done it was a guy in Lenzie that did it, wasn’t cheap tho, tho I had I full rear seat out an Astra Vxr to be split onto an estate rear with the 60/40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOHN MILNE
24th June 2023, 07:37 PM
The guy who repairs out seats in Edinburgh
Is Thomas Kelly