PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on Chip Tuning Box, Should I or Not?

Steve666
12th May 2023, 08:26 AM
I am thinking on buying this from EBay for my F57 1.5 to help with fuel economy and maybe add a few BHP. On the internet as usual you get the good & the bad, thought I would ask you guys on your views as Minis is our thing!!

Chip Tuning Box for MINI Cabriolet F57 Cooper 136 HP Power Boost Petrol GS2:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354527454110

Track Ali
12th May 2023, 11:50 AM
I can't really comment on the eBay one you've posted however the saying usually goes "buy cheap buy twice" and the one on eBay looks a bit fake to be honest.

Not sure how you'd adjust a programming chip with a turn screw? :confused:

If you're after a tuning chip then quite a few people (myself included) have used a JB4 over the years with decent results.

This listing does mention the B38 but it would be worth emailing Burger Tuning to get the exact product for your engine.

It's more expensive but it's the real deal. :thumbs up:

https://burgertuning.com/products/mini-b38-b48-jb4

badwolf340
12th May 2023, 03:51 PM
Not sure of an E bay special :ragin:as Ali has said JB4 are good and you can upgrade and use your phone :yes nod: although never as good as a remap

Steve666
15th May 2023, 10:29 PM
I have decided against as when looked at Insurance no mods like that are allowed and to be honest how much more power can a wee 1.5 get without ringing its little neck, I will just enjoy what I have. Its not really slow anyways, its perky!!

badwolf340
16th May 2023, 06:33 PM
I have decided against as when looked at Insurance no mods like that are allowed and to be honest how much more power can a wee 1.5 get without ringing its little neck, I will just enjoy what I have. It’s not really slow anyways, it’s perky!!
At least you have made your mind up which is good :yes nod: ,with a remap the 1.5 turns out circa 200 bhp which is not far off a JCW which makes it a nippy little thing and is also the engine used in the i8

Crombers
19th May 2023, 03:13 PM
At least you have made your mind up which is good :yes nod: ,with a remap the 1.5 turns out circa 200 bhp which is not far off a JCW which makes it a nippy little thing and is also the engine used in the i8

200 bhp ......... wowza :thumbs up:

Stealth car or what!! Impressive stuff :smilewinkgrin:

badwolf340
20th May 2023, 06:56 AM
200 bhp ......... wowza :thumbs up:

Stealth car or what!! Impressive stuff :smilewinkgrin:
Indeed :yes nod:

Steve666
22nd May 2023, 11:13 AM

Its tempting having 200BHP however being a convertible its about toddling along catching the rays! I dont know what I was thinking considering that box as agree with all to say what can twisting a dial do?