PDA

View Full Version : Mini Coding

Steve666
24th April 2023, 11:41 AM
Hi, Can anyone recommend a coder that can activate steering wheel buttons as not working. I am aware of Bimmercode & Carly, Im actually looking to see if anyone can do it for me or give the codes to activate buttons?

MINI William
24th April 2023, 03:11 PM
BMW ISTA should allow you to do it. Alternatively contact B&M centre and they’ll be able to code it for you

Steve666
25th April 2023, 08:15 AM
BMW ISTA should allow you to do it. Alternatively contact B&M centre and they’ll be able to code it for you

Thank you so much for reply, I will look into this.

Steve666
2nd May 2023, 09:43 AM

Hi William, got car booked into B&M in Glasgow so we will see how it goes, thanks for all your help buddy

badwolf340
2nd May 2023, 06:46 PM
Hi William, got car booked into B&M in Glasgow so we will see how it goes, thanks for all your help buddy
Let us know how you get on :yes nod:

MINI William
2nd May 2023, 09:34 PM
No problems. Pleased your booked in

Steve666
11th May 2023, 10:53 PM
Let us know how you get on :yes nod:

Massive thanks to Mini William for recommending B&M Centre in Glasgow. I want to say I had a car with no buttons on wheel though through screen I have Sat Nav & Phone so made the decision to buy a wheel that had the buttons. Then through Bimmercode (Expert Mode) I got the volume buttons to work however nothing else. Mini William recommended talking to these guys so I did, I spoke with Andrew there and he was fantastic, I left the car for them to do their bit and everything works now, Cruise Control / Voice Button / Phone & forward - back buttons.

I am so happy that this adds that bit these cars should all have in this day & age, its now up to a standard that meets modern requirements. Thanks again Mini William and a shout out to these guys @ B&M Glasgow (Andrew) for all his help.

FYI remember if a member and get work done you get 10% off!

Please dont ask costs as it's not my place to discuss however I was very happy and didn't feel I paid too much. Speak to them and sure they will keep you right. B&M Centre Glasgow 01412377654

- - - Updated - - -

I should add does anyone want to buy a F56/7 leather steering wheel without the buttons, excellent condition, came out a 20k mile car and is perfect (no airbag), looking for £50. just PM me

DaiB
11th May 2023, 11:19 PM
That's great news.

I had work done there today and was also really pleased with the service.

badwolf340
12th May 2023, 06:11 AM
Excellent news guys :thumbs up:

MINI William
12th May 2023, 07:57 AM
Excellent news, pleased the car is now how you want it.

We’ve used B&M for years now and always had great results.

badwolf340
12th May 2023, 03:53 PM
I know this maybe sounds harsh or even a little sexist but meant with humour and frankly, facts! They need a woman in there at reception as when I took car in they looked surprised that I was there despite calling to confirm appointment and ETA lol, in the diary it didn't look like having me booked in so needs finesse and organisation that women have more than most Men.

Humble apologies to anyone not happy with comments, not intended to offend. In my view we now live in a World where we constantly walk on broken glass and can offend people with just a look. #bring back the 80s/90s
That may change soon as Douglas has a daughter who I am sure will be into MINI/BMW’s as much as her Dad