PDA

View Full Version : First ever Mini

Steve666
22nd April 2023, 03:43 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for allowing us to join your forum, We have just bought a 2017 Mini Convertible F57 1.5

The reason we bought the car was we hired one in Tenerife a few years ago and fell in love with it, for the little sun we get in Scotland its still worth buying a convertible in my opinion as it has a heater & heated seats!!! My wife and I went out a drive into the countryside the other night and was awesome stargazing while driving.

About us, we are a 50ish year old couple that live in Hamilton and just want to enjoy living a little before bits stop working or start falling off us ;)

We would be keen to pop along to any drives or events though tbh we are not massive petrolheads.

Thanks for checking my post out and again thanks for having us.

Steve & Linda

Track Ali
22nd April 2023, 07:26 PM
Welcome Steve.

We're from the same part of the world as you so will keep an eye out for you.

We have a run organised for the 4th of June on some lovely roads and the big show of the year is Mega MINI Meet.

Here's a link to the threads for each event. :thumbs up:

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?30061-NMS-Perthshire-Adventure-Sunday-4th-June-2023

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?30043-Mega-MINI-Meet-2023

Mega MINI Meet in particular is great as we usually drive down as a club the night before, enjoy some food and time together before attending the show on the Sunday.

badwolf340
22nd April 2023, 09:15 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for allowing us to join your forum, We have just bought a 2017 Mini Convertible F57 1.5

The reason we bought the car was we hired one in Tenerife a few years ago and fell in love with it, for the little sun we get in Scotland its still worth buying a convertible in my opinion as it has a heater & heated seats!!! My wife and I went out a drive into the countryside the other night and was awesome stargazing while driving.

About us, we are a 50ish year old couple that live in Hamilton and just want to enjoy living a little before bits stop working or start falling off us ;)

We would be keen to pop along to any drives or events though tbh we are not massive petrolheads.

Thanks for checking my post out and again thanks for having us.

Steve & Linda

9391:yes nod:
:welcome: Enjoy your new MINI they are addictive..runs coming up soon and Mega MINI Meet which is a great relaxing show which you are welcome to join us as you will enjoy the run down …lots of car cleaning and lots of banter on the night and at the show :yes nod:

MINI William
23rd April 2023, 08:01 AM
Welcome to NMS, feel free to pop along to any meets just keep an eye on the meets section

Crombers
27th April 2023, 05:30 PM
Welcome to NMSland :thumbs up: