PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping

Borvad
12th March 2023, 10:41 PM
Hi,

Previous Mini owner but been on a break from them and considering coming back.

I may have seen my next one online but just out of curiousity, how much roughly is it to wrap a Mini Cooper S hatch?
Have an emotional connection going back years ago to a Mellow Yellow one and it was always my plan to get one that was an upgrade and make it the sequel to it!

Also with wrapping, would the DVLA need to be informed and a new V5 issued or something like that as well?

Thanks as always, in advance.

badwolf340
14th March 2023, 08:51 PM
If you are wrapping the complete vehicle you would need to inform DVLA of a colour change , A work colleague had her new Audi wrapped by a reputable company ( so they said) cost a fortune and did not last ,lots of problems and she had it removed

Borvad
14th March 2023, 10:17 PM
If you are wrapping the complete vehicle you would need to inform DVLA of a colour change , A work colleague had her new Audi wrapped by a reputable company ( so they said) cost a fortune and did not last ,lots of problems and she had it removed

Would be everything except the roof, that would stay black

MINI William
15th March 2023, 07:35 AM
Mark had his Coupè wrapped a few years ago and I can remember him being relatively unhappy with how the front bumper was done and it cost a fortune. If your looking to get it done it take a lot of time to research what company you’d give your hard earned cash to.

Liz M
15th March 2023, 11:52 AM
Had numerous folks get their cars wrapped, practically all of them had it removed soon afterwards and several with disastrous results. In one case, the lacquer top coat and some of the colour coat came away when the wrap was removed. Best to think long and hard about it.
Jim M