PDA

View Full Version : Lowering da MINI

mgemie
10th November 2004, 05:59 PM
ok, ok, standby for sum stoopid questions me thinks.

If i want to lower my MO what do i need to buy? Springs, shock towers....?

also, best brand of lowering springs? Eibach, Spax, Apex....?

whats the difference between all the different types of suspension kits i.e. coil overs and such-like?

Gismo
10th November 2004, 06:05 PM
It depends on how far and for what reason you want to lower your car

If it's purely for looks then all you need is lowering springs, if you want precision handling then you need a set of coil overs that can alter the ride height and stiffness (Big Col's gonna love this ;))
I've had the Eibach lowering springs for over a year now and can't fault them, but, have just invested in a set of Spax fully adjustable coil overs

For all the info go to the relevant manufacturer's web sites where all will be explained in detail :)

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 07:23 PM
Always worth getting your wheel alignment on all 4 wheels checked after fitting springs/coilovers as it can really bu@@er up your tracking big time :dead: Like BS I've had eibachs on for about 4 years now (not the mini I may add) and there excellent :p:D:approve:

Julz
10th November 2004, 07:37 PM
If you're getting the Zeemax kit, I would advise against lowering! I've got 18" wheels and lowered the car 30mm and it bumps the rear arches constantly resulting in the kit getting wrecked!!:disapprove:

Gismo
10th November 2004, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy
Always worth getting your wheel alignment on all 4 wheels checked after fitting springs/coilovers
Which is exactly what i intend to do once i get my new Spax ones installed :)

Big Col
10th November 2004, 08:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

and stiffness

<sniggers>