PDA

View Full Version : CAR magazine

Nick
10th November 2004, 01:18 AM
I see this months CAR magazine on sale now has an article which pitches the new works cooper s against the Civic Type R, Megane 225 and new Golf GTI.....Mini comes out on top of course!

Mini Me
10th November 2004, 06:07 AM
Not that i expect anybody to believe me(as i work for a certain manufacturer of fine automobiles),but having driven the type r on a track ,i can honestly say is's p1sh.The S works whipped it's ass.....
Incase you were wondering ,it was on a 2 day driving course in Barcelona, much fun........(next ones in south africa,on safari in mini's)...oh it's a hard life.

Nick
10th November 2004, 07:50 AM
well i own a new works cooper s.........more than happy with it...

Also driven a type r although not on a track,,,didnt think it was 'p1sh'...but prefer mini..

looking at the mini's stats and bearing in mind it has 184bhp per ton compared to Hondas 166bhp/tone. Cant help but think the mini should be quicker than it is. Honda can match it to 60mph....although not sure what the 0-100MPH times look like.

Anyway as i said all in all CAR magazine found the mini an 'easy' winner..They much preferred its handling compared to others and had good praise for its power..