PDA

View Full Version : Abz Cash 4 Kids - Duthie Park 13.11.04

MartinSullivan
9th November 2004, 11:16 PM
Ok here is the perfect opportunity for us to get our cars on the radio :D and appear on the Northsound websites across Scotland.

Northsound Radio has a charity fundraiser for the "Cash For Kids" charity each year.

This Saturday as part of it they are having a charity auction and events in Duthie Park. One of the events is car washing by "DeeSide AutoValet" who will be washing the cars for £5 a time for charity. The guy who runs the company does both mine and Nenahs car regularly and also washes the fleet for Northsound and has asked if we can get a heap of minis in Duthie Park from about 8:30 to 8:45 in the morning then Northsound and the press will feature all our cars. Apparently he has spoken to North Sound about it and they are really keen - and we could probably get a mention and maybe a donation for Julz's WhizzKids appeal out of it at the very least :cool:

As it happens there will be a load of you meeting there on Saturday for Eggys Inverness Run so it would be good if we could do a photo shoot first. Also any other minis in the Aberdeen area that can make it please post your details below.

It'll be good publicity for the site and its all for charity mate :p:D Lets try and make it a good one, sorry for the short notice - but I have only just found out about it

UPDATE!!!!

Right we currently have 15 notes of interest listed below

Me
Nenah
BDM
SleepyRascal - providing he gets his car back
Sheilz
Eggy
Kinghorn
John
RS
M4XNS - if she can get out of bed after a late night working :p
DNV
X30YES - possibly, can anyone offer him a bed, he is house trained apparently and I will easy take him for a curry
Aberdeenmini
Aimee_s - short visit hopefully prior to hockey
MonkiMagic

How about as Nenah suggested meeting at Duthie park at 8:45 and then cruising up the road to Northsound to get the pics etc done?? Is that ok with everyone.

Any other Aberdeen minis care to come along??? The more the merrier!!!!!

Not being an Aberdonian (or even Scottish) I dont think it should be me on the radio so who is up for that??? :)

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 11:39 PM
7.00 in the morning from Turriff would mean a 6.15 start. Any chance you could push this back a bit?

MartinSullivan
9th November 2004, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

7.00 in the morning from Turriff would mean a 6.15 start. Any chance you could push this back a bit?

Paul, I will see what I can do - I think they want us in there before it starts getting busy. Apparently Nenah told him we could all get there early :D

We would probably have to meet somewhere and convoy down to Duthie Park or possibly head down from Northsound. Once I get a feel for how many people would be interested I'll sort out timings and meet points etc.

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 11:47 PM
No problem! I might be able to get my lazy ar$e out of bed to arrive by 7.30ish!

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 01:57 AM

No problem! I might be able to get my lazy ar$e out of bed to arrive by 7.30ish!

That would be cool, was thinking of maybe getting cars down there in stages

4 or 5 at 7:30

4 or 5 at 9:00

and the rest down at 10:00 when they are getting ready for eggys run - just a suggestion

Nenah
10th November 2004, 02:46 AM
Paul, I will see what I can do - I think they want us in there before it starts getting busy. Apparently Nenah told him we could all get there early :D

...by early I meant 8.30-9.00 as I told Ewan the run was leaving at 10 - I could get down there for 7.30 too. Paul, I'll check with John to see if he's keen and we can head off afterwards?

Sheilz
10th November 2004, 05:18 AM
I can go at any time. :D:D:D

The Dogfather
10th November 2004, 05:55 AM
Can I be one of the 9.00 ones? I would like to be able to stay in bed till after 7.00am once this week!

sleepyrascal
10th November 2004, 09:05 AM
I'll be there whenever you please Martin. I'm not to far from Duthie park so it's no problem being there early early!

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 08:01 PM
Cheers for that Sleepy!!

I will let more people express an interest and then start setting up a schedule tomorrow.

Nenah is on the case to talk to the organisers to see how they want to play it - whether they want us all in one go or if they would prefer us staggered. If they want the maximum impact of all the cars at once - we will be looking at the 9:00 to 9:30 sort of time. Will keep you all posted anyway.

Anybody else going to sign up???! :) Eggy, Kinghorn,Monki, DNV - anyone??? You up for it? At least you will get your cars washed prior to the run :)

The Dogfather
10th November 2004, 08:09 PM
Martin - you might want to post this on the Inverness Thread!

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 08:10 PM
Was almost one step ahead of you there mate :)

KINGHORN
10th November 2004, 10:38 PM
im up for it no dought the car will be minging after being up at peterhead on the fri nite

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 10:46 PM
Thats great Kinghorn - would you be prepared to get there a bit earlier - 9:00??

That gives us seven cars at the mo - Me, Nenah, BDM, Sheilz, Sleepy, Eggy & Kinghorn which is pretty good for short notice. Anyone else up for it???

Nenah
10th November 2004, 11:30 PM
Ok people - I've spoken with Northsound Radio who are keen for us to turn up at 9.00am (which is when the car wash starts) to the studio and park our cars out the front which will help create a bit of attention. Car wash is £5 per car. Northsound will take some publicity photos and post them on their website. They are also keen to get one of us to represnet NMS to go on air for a few minutes to have a chat with one of the presenters about who we are, what we do and give the NMS club a bit of a plug and to thank us for supporting cash 4 kidz. So whose up to represent NMS on-air then? Martin, Paul...?

It looks like most of you on this thread are keen for the 9am round up - as Martin suggests, we could meet at Duthie Park at 8.45 and cruise up to the radio station for the car wash/photos/publicity and then head off for there to the Lock Ness Run (if you are going).

Its a great chance to do something for charity, will give the club some free promotion to local mini owners who dont know about us and, of course, get your car washed!!

A good turn out would be awesome! We could announce that NMS members are the mini owners flashing and waving to other owners around town - spreading the mini cheer!

Martin - over to you to organise the schedule.

Nenah
10th November 2004, 11:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Thats great Kinghorn - would you be prepared to get there a bit earlier - 9:00??

That gives us seven cars at the mo - Me, Nenah, BDM, Sheilz, Sleepy, Eggy & Kinghorn which is pretty good for short notice. Anyone else up for it???

John said he'd be there for 9am too.

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 11:38 PM
Nenah, you are some woman!!!! Cheers for sorting that out.

Right we currently have 8 notes of interest listed below

Me
Nenah
BDM
SleepyRascal
Sheilz
Eggy
Kinghorn
John

How about as Nenah suggested meeting at Duthie park at 8:45 and then cruising up the road to Northsound to get the pics etc done?? Is that ok with everyone.

Any other Aberdeen minis care to come along??? The more the merrier!!!!!

Not being an Aberdonian (or even Scottish) I dont think it should be me on the radio so who is up for that??? :)

Eggy7496
11th November 2004, 12:06 AM
want me to write up a few things on what NMS is about and i'll post them on here and see what you guys think? im htinking its not often this chance comes along so we should take full advantage of it!

feedback?

Eggy7496
11th November 2004, 12:06 AM
great stuff nenah,

i would be up for going on air but not myself, need some senior person with me, but i'll go as support

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 12:25 AM
Nenah - I've only just got over the trauma of being interviewed by Orkney Radio so prefer not to speak. Martin or yourself would be good candidates, plus it would sound a bit more glamorous with a non aberdonian female voice! ;)

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 12:32 AM
Nenah gets my vote as well BadDog ;)

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 12:43 AM
That way it won't come across as a bunch of sad blokes.........

Sheilz
11th November 2004, 01:12 AM
I say John. He's been in nms much longer than any of us and he has a Scottish accent. Sorry dont want to sound zenophobic but what is wrong with someone with a local accent who can also talk the site and minis to death. Nenah that is no slight on yourself whatsoever.

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 01:23 AM
My second vote would be John, just not sure he would want to do it

Sheilz
11th November 2004, 01:54 AM

My second vote would be John, just not sure he would want to do it

You may be right. Sorry I get a bee in my bonnet about Scottish organizations being represented by non-Scots (eek honest am not racist. just brought up in an era when people were discouraged from speaking in their local dialect on the assumption that if you did you were stupid/ inferior etc etc. There may be some others on the site who can relate to this. You non-Scots/ youngsters wont - not your fault!) rant over

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 02:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
You may be right. Sorry I get a bee in my bonnet about Scottish organizations being represented by non-Scots (eek honest am not racist. just brought up in an era when people were discouraged from speaking in their local dialect on the assumption that if you did you were stupid/ inferior etc etc. There may be some others on the site who can relate to this. You non-Scots/ youngsters wont - not your fault!) rant over

I think if you read my previous post you will find that the reason I didnt want to do it is - A) I am not aberdonian and B) I am not scottish - and as the broadcast was in Aberdeen and about a NEWMINISCOTLAND website I felt I wouldnt be appropriate. Nenah would be, in that it takes the focus from it being a "sad bunch of blokes..." as Paul said - but would still prefer someone else to do it.

I didnt think you were being Xenophobic - I happen to agree with what you were trying to say :)

Sheilz
11th November 2004, 02:32 AM
Martin - does this mean you and BDM have issues about being thought of as 'sad blokes'. Its a fact of life, if you're mildly to seriously obsessed with your mini/ minis in general other people will think you're either sad or a nutter.
:I:D:D

Just a thought, perhaps John and Nenah could both do it that way all our little foibles are catered for - Scottish with an international flavour.:approve:

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 02:40 AM
I've always been regarded as a sad mini bloke even before I had anything to do with MINI cars! Just didn't want to drag the rest of NMS down.

sleepyrascal
11th November 2004, 02:51 AM
Eh, have nenah or john actually said they will do it?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Eh, have nenah or john actually said they will do it?

Nope ;) but Sheilz isnt going to let that stop her !!! :)

Nenah
11th November 2004, 03:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I say John. He's been in nms much longer than any of us and he has a Scottish accent. Sorry dont want to sound zenophobic but what is wrong with someone with a local accent who can also talk the site and minis to death. Nenah that is no slight on yourself whatsoever.

I saw John this afternoon and I've tried to talk John into it as well as he's a founding member and Scottish too! He wasnt NOT keen and tried to talk me into it....Maybe we could do a duet as suggested - Beauty & The Beast style? ;) I'm happy todo it if John co-hosts - I'm not sure how much time we'll have so suggestions for what the gorup wants us to say to get the most out of our on-air time & maximise our impact for the clubs benefit - would be appreciated! :D How cool!!! :cool::cool:

RS
11th November 2004, 04:04 AM
Martin,

Add me to the list for Saturday morning.

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 04:13 AM
Main message all MINI/minis flash in future and to join the MINI community!

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 04:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by RS

Martin,

Add me to the list for Saturday morning.

Nice one RS - hope the email didnt come as too much of a shock ;)!!!!

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah
Maybe we could do a duet as suggested - Beauty & The Beast style? ;)

Dont be so hard on yourself Nenah , you aint that bad ;)

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 04:42 AM

Main message all MINI/minis flash in future and to join the MINI community!

Second that!

DNV122
11th November 2004, 04:56 AM
Right - I'm up for this, but let me check :

08:45 Duthie Park - normal place ?
09:00 Northsound - how many cars will fit in their tiny car park ?

I like to go on a run with a clean car, so will I definitely get a slot (the Mini is pretty grubby right now) ?

What a bonus. Good work all round Martin

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 04:57 AM

Mind you she's not at her best in the photo on my signiture line :blackeye: - she blinked and plastic wrapping doesn't flatter anyone!!!

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 04:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Right - I'm up for this, but let me check :

08:45 Duthie Park - normal place ?
09:00 Northsound - how many cars will fit in their tiny car park ?

I like to go on a run with a clean car, so will I definitely get a slot (the Mini is pretty grubby right now) ?

What a bonus. Good work all round Martin

Q1) Yes

Q2) Yes

Q3) Will make sure that all those who want their cars cleaning get a shot - if they pay the £5 to charity!!!!

Q4) Not sure, but think we have filled it already - doesnt matter though - we will just line them up on the road!!! Will look cool :)

I'll add you to the list!

X30YES
11th November 2004, 05:33 AM
OK , will do my best to be there for 9am as I will be going on eggy's run in Inverness and the run from Abz sounds fun ....need to put some miles on the wee fellow anyway ...any offers of Dinner and duvet will be more than welcome on Fri , Hotel in Iv'ness booked for Sat eve ...yahoooooo weekend away

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 05:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

OK , will do my best to be there for 9am as I will be going on eggy's run in Inverness and the run from Abz sounds fun ....need to put some miles on the wee fellow anyway ...any offers of Dinner and duvet will be more than welcome on Fri , Hotel in Iv'ness booked for Sat eve ...yahoooooo weekend away

nice one Angus, hopefully see you there

Nenah
11th November 2004, 06:34 AM

Mind you she's not at her best in the photo on my signiture line :blackeye: - she blinked and plastic wrapping doesn't flatter anyone!!!

Oi! PSP - dont go starting a fight on this thread! :evil: I never said who was the beauty - as they say, I've a great face for radio (with or without the plastic wrapping!)

I'm more than happy to hand over the radio slot to anyone who feels they are more deserving from the group - lets make the decision on the day but think we should get some words prepared and plug the web address, whomever take on the job!

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 07:25 AM
Hey wasn't just me it's that MS as well. He led me astray!;).

We need some lines to take!

* NMS has over 500 registered members in Scotland and not all are MINI drivers.
* Not just a club more like a community
* Its free
* Not affiliated to BMW <spelling>
* The big runs attract people from the whole of the UK not just Scotland. Some came from as far as London to attend the Cullen Run
* Wide range of ages, backgrounds and nationalities..... etc.

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 07:33 AM

Hey wasn't just me it's that MS as well. He led me astray!;).

GRASS!!!!!!

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 05:26 PM
More lines to take -

* All started with a group formed from Scottish Mini2.com users
* Lots of things going on with roughly 2 or 3 events every month
* Past events include Cullen, Abroath Run, West Coast, Harvest Run, Chip Butty
* A number of big events in the pipework for next year - Cullen Run 2005, Twilight Run, South to North Run (Willie M) etc.

We'll need to ask MMM to update the Events page before we direct them to the site though.

AberdeenMini
11th November 2004, 05:59 PM
Count me in Martin. What part of Duthie Park is it that everyones meeting at?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Count me in Martin. What part of Duthie Park is it that everyones meeting at?

Nice one Steve I'll add you to the list, just meet in the bottom car park - near the river, hopefully it will be quiet at that time and we can get some shots of all the cars

Eggy7496
11th November 2004, 06:09 PM
Just to confirm - meeting in duthie park car park 8.45 and heading up to the radio station for 9

if u want ur mini washed it will happen at 9 for a fiver for charity?

I take it its still ok to donate the fiver without needing to get your car washed?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

Just to confirm - meeting in duthie park car park 8.45 and heading up to the radio station for 9

if u want ur mini washed it will happen at 9 for a fiver for charity?

I take it its still ok to donate the fiver without needing to get your car washed?

Times are right and I am sure they will happily take your fiver from you!!! :)

Eggy7496
11th November 2004, 06:24 PM
good good, think ats what i'l do, not very keen on others washing my car.

The Dogfather
11th November 2004, 07:14 PM
Monsta MM has just got back to me, his thoughts are: -

I'd be happy for Nenah to do the interview on the radio, we have members from all over and are Scottish in name only. Besides - as somebody mentioned - a sexy sounding chick is better than one of us sad blokes.

and the usual lines on NMS are: -

Scotland has some of the best driving roads in the world and NMS is dedicated to getting MINI drivers across the country out onto them with a bunch of like minded individuals.

NMS was formed by a group of new MINI enthusiasts in Feb 2003.
We have over 600 registered members worldwide.
It's not a club, it's a community. (Calling it a club raises all sorts legal issues).
It's free to join - just register online and turn up at an event.
Organised runs and social events
Completely independent of BMW.

Eggy7496
11th November 2004, 07:17 PM
good stuff paul

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 07:25 PM
Excellent Paul

aimee_s
11th November 2004, 07:25 PM
not sure if i can make it...i have hockey at some ridiculous hour-either 9 or 9-30...if its 9-30 i might make it just for 10 mins or so, but dont know if thats worth it?

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

not sure if i can make it...i have hockey at some ridiculous hour-either 9 or 9-30...if its 9-30 i might make it just for 10 mins or so, but dont know if thats worth it?

Still be worth coming down to Duthie Park - even if its just to meet us all at the park and put names to faces. Be great to see you if you can

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 08:51 PM

I'd be happy for Nenah to do the interview on the radio, we have members from all over and are Scottish in name only. Besides - as somebody mentioned - a sexy sounding chick is better than one of us sad blokes.

Scotland has some of the best driving roads in the world and NMS is dedicated to getting MINI drivers across the country out onto them with a bunch of like minded individuals.

It's not a club, it's a community. (Calling it a club raises all sorts legal issues).

Should also mention our charitable activites - and get Northsound to make a donation to Julz's Whizzkids collection :)

AberdeenMini
11th November 2004, 09:28 PM
Is the place we're meeting beside where the burger van always is parked? Oh and how will they be washing the cars, by powerhose or something?
Looking forward to finally meeting all you guys:D

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 09:50 PM

Is the place we're meeting beside where the burger van always is parked? Oh and how will they be washing the cars, by powerhose or something?

If you can see heaps of minis you are in the right bit Steve ;) we will meet down that end yeah, you wont be able to miss us.

Deeside AutoValet is fully kitted out to valet cars from the back of his van and does a really good job.

AberdeenMini
11th November 2004, 09:53 PM

If you can see heaps of minis you are in the right bit Steve ;) we will meet down that end yeah, you wont be able to miss us.

Deeside AutoValet is fully kitted out to valet cars from the back of his van and does a really good job.

Great stuff :)

Nenah
11th November 2004, 11:47 PM
quote:Posted by MartinSullivanDeeside AutoValet is fully kitted out to valet cars from the back of his van and does a really good job.

I'm not sure that Deeside Valet will be doing all the cars and for a fiver it wont be his usual valet (which takes 1.5 hours!) but probably a good hand wash and shammy down. He has some extra guys helping him out on the day too as there's no way he could get lots if cars done by himself. But since we'll probably be the first there and we've made such an effort I'm sure Ewan will do out cars!:D

Edit:- Repaired quote for Martin

Nenah
11th November 2004, 11:56 PM

Should also mention our charitable activites - and get Northsound to make a donation to Julz's Whizzkids collection :)

OK - lets not get carried away kids! We'll probably only get a minute or two on air and think getting the word out on NMS is the most important. Also, those of us heading off on the run dont want to be delayed in setting off esp. after Eggy's hard work. If we havent been given out air-time before departure time, someone had better hang around who isnt going on the run - just in case.

Also, it would'nt be appropriate for us to mention another charities name and ask for donations at another charity event. I believe the appropriate way to get a donation is for Julz charity to make an application to Cash 4 Kids and be approved by their committee for a share of the money raised etc. :D:D

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 12:00 AM
Also, it would'nt be appropriate for us to mention another charities name and ask for donations at another charity event

That is probably a good point Nenah, hadnt thought of it like that :), but as you say if we pull it off on Saturday we can maybe approach them at a later date to return the favour

X30YES
12th November 2004, 12:12 AM
Looks like your about to be famous M !!!!

red_cooper
12th November 2004, 02:44 AM
cant see me being in a fit state to drive any where on saturday.
out on friday nite
pity cause the car is in desperate need of a wash been out giving it death as usual!!

got to say i dont fancy your run round loch ness itll use about 3 tanks of fuel on a run like that and its not comfy when it comes to distance esp, if your a big lad like myself!!only thing i find it any good at is going flat out round corners at speeds that you shouldnt even be considering#

mite be why my front tyres have only lasted 3k!!!

GAJ
12th November 2004, 09:00 AM
[br* A number of big events in the pipework for next year - Cullen Run 2005, Twilight Run, South to North Run (Willie M) etc.

We'll need to ask MMM to update the Events page before we direct them to the site though.

eMail me with a list of events which are definitely taking place and are not incluuded on the events page and I will update it before the big day.

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 04:05 PM
Gaj - You ave mail!

Eggy7496
12th November 2004, 06:55 PM
after were clear at northsound, can the minis re-meet at duthie park for 10.30 please for setting off on my run?

aimee_s
12th November 2004, 07:32 PM
should be able to make it-dont have to be back in town til 10am, so should see you all down at duthie park tomorrow at 8-45-i dont think £5 would be enough to wash my car though...its EXTRA grubby right now!!

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

i dont think £5 would be enough to wash my car though...its EXTRA grubby right now!!

Great Aimee - see you tomorrow then - I am sure they will accept a bigger donation if you feel guilty about only paying a fiver :D

X30YES
12th November 2004, 09:46 PM
Might not make the car wash M , but hope to be at Duthie Pk for the 10;30 off

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 10:21 PM

Might not make the car wash M , but hope to be at Duthie Pk for the 10;30 off

No probs Angus, did ask if anyone would offer you a bed for tonight - but nobody offered :(

KINGHORN
12th November 2004, 10:23 PM
yip il be there for 9, see yas then

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

yip il be there for 9, see yas then

Kinghorn - 8:45 Duthie Park - See you there

Gismo
12th November 2004, 10:36 PM
after were clear at northsound, can the minis re-meet at duthie park for 10.30 please for setting off on my run?
If it's lashing down with rain i might be able to make your run :)

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 12:20 AM
good good, thats a funny reason lol, was you playin golf? lol

Gismo
13th November 2004, 12:52 AM
Weather permitting i always golf on a saturday, but, i won't make it now anyway, i can't get the nut off the top of the front struts :mad:

The Dogfather
13th November 2004, 01:11 AM
Shame! keep trying though!

monkimagic
13th November 2004, 01:59 AM
I have just found this thread, I am up for it as I dont start work until 2pm, unlesS i am mistaken, I will be there at 8.30 am

Monki

monkimagic
13th November 2004, 02:00 AM
Should the cars be clean for the photo? will they get cleaned early ? or will I have to go out 1st thing and wash it ?

The Dogfather
13th November 2004, 02:03 AM
The cleaning is all part of the day mate so keep it mucky!

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 02:21 AM
so alan u htink u'l make it?

MartinSullivan
13th November 2004, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

I have just found this thread, I am up for it as I dont start work until 2pm, unlesS i am mistaken, I will be there at 8.30 am

Monki

Nice one Monki, I did PM you from the site - but it doesnt always work. See you in Duthie Park 8:30 to 8:45

monkimagic
13th November 2004, 02:27 AM

The cleaning is all part of the day mate so keep it mucky!

But should we not be shiney for the photo, or is there a photo ??:blackeye:

Monki

The Dogfather
13th November 2004, 02:43 AM
There's a charity car wash for a fiver!

Nenah
13th November 2004, 02:55 AM
I hope this weather clears up otherwise the car wash wont be too profitable!! See you all at 8.45 - I've typed up some info on NMS for the on-air stuff that the group can decide what's best to say - whoever does it!!!

red_cooper
13th November 2004, 03:28 AM
you boys are in for a cold stand about tomorrow at northsound its ****in freezin here tonight!!

Nenah
13th November 2004, 03:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by red_cooper

you boys are in for a cold stand about tomorrow at northsound its ****in freezin here tonight!!

Yes, that is quite true and as we are good, kind & generous people who are willing to get a little chilly for an hour or so for a good cause - and its freezing ALL OVER Scotland tonight!

sleepyrascal
13th November 2004, 04:04 AM
Can I get a final rundown of the plan for tomorrow please... I have to go to JC 2moro. they stuffed up the repairs on my car! Put the steering wheel on off centre, left the seat hight adjusters hanging off etc. COWBOYS!! By the time i picked the car up, the mechanics had all left apparently.

MartinSullivan
13th November 2004, 04:16 AM

Can I get a final rundown of the plan for tomorrow please... I have to go to JC 2moro. they stuffed up the repairs on my car! Put the steering wheel on off centre, left the seat hight adjusters hanging off etc. COWBOYS!! By the time i picked the car up, the mechanics had all left apparently.

Sleepy sorry to hear that - apparently putting the steering wheel back on squint is common at all dealers - mini2 is full of stories of it. Seems crazy that they can let a car go with loads of things wrong with it though, give em hell in the morning - we can all come down and blockade the car park and prevent customers getting in if you dont have any joy ;)

Anyway meet Duthie Park 8:45, Northsound 9:00, back to Duthie Park 10:30 to set off on Eggys Run.

Gismo
13th November 2004, 04:20 AM
so alan u htink u'l make it?
Nope, front struts giving me problems :mad:

Nenah
13th November 2004, 04:21 AM

Hi Sleepy - hope you can get these things fixed - I suggest you get to JC at opening and demand they are fixed whilst u wait then come and meet us at North Sound or Duthie Park in time to leave at 10.30-10.45ish - Plan is as follows:

8.45am - Meet at Duthir Park 8.45am
8.55 - Leave for NorthSound Radio
9.00-10.15 - Car Wash/shots/on-air stuff
10.30 - Re-group at Duthie Park & decide on route to Inverness
10.45 - Leave for Inverness
1.00pm - Arrive Inverness & Start Eggy's Planned Run
4.00pm - Arrive Pizza Hut for late lunch feast :D
...then its off home in the dark! :(

Make sure you get some snacks for the run or big breakfst before you leave as it will be a long time from Duthie Park until we eat at to Pizza Hut!!

Nenah
13th November 2004, 04:23 AM

I hear a new Mini calling your name.....:p

sleepyrascal
13th November 2004, 04:48 AM
to get a new min, i need a working one to sell first!! It worked better before JC got it. All that was wrong was some creaking seats. Now my steering is wonky, seats are falling appart and the fact that they gave me a brand new fully speced up bmw with 400 miles on it as a courtesy car, makes my mini feel ancient and tired. HUFF!!

Nenah
13th November 2004, 04:59 AM

to get a new min, i need a working one to sell first!! It worked better before JC got it. All that was wrong was some creaking seats. Now my steering is wonky, seats are falling appart and the fact that they gave me a brand new fully speced up bmw with 400 miles on it as a courtesy car, makes my mini feel ancient and tired. HUFF!!

Mmmm...good point! You seem to have a bad run of luck with JC - hope it all gets sorted before 10.30 tomorrow!! If not, tell them I'll be down to have a word! :evil:

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 05:13 AM
ats pretty crazy they allow the car to go out in that state like!

Nenah well spotted, bring some food! lol

Nenah
13th November 2004, 05:19 AM

ats pretty crazy they allow the car to go out in that state like!

Nenah well spotted, bring some food! lol

LOL!! And dont forget to take a warm coat, and your gloves and some....sorry! just looking out for you young'uns!:I

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 06:40 AM
awwwwww............ lol

Nenah was you parked beside a 911 in crown street today? Sure it was your mini

Mini Me
13th November 2004, 07:37 AM
have fun you lucky people,some of us have to work for a living...:p

monkimagic
13th November 2004, 09:03 AM
Its 00.15 am, I have just been out to cover my bike for the night and by jezis its cold, better get the woolies out for amorn, see you all there,

Monki

Nenah
13th November 2004, 09:48 AM

awwwwww............ lol

Nenah was you parked beside a 911 in crown street today? Sure it was your mini

Yep, was me - I squeezed in between the 911 and a council garbage truck - was really worried I'd be backed onto by the truck and pushed into the 911!! See you soon! :D

sleepyrascal
13th November 2004, 10:10 AM
Im gonabe there for 8:45am as I think thats the time agreed. See you all there....

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 04:45 PM
guys im runnin wee bit late! the printer keeps jammin, tryin to print out the run instructions. i'll try be there for 9.

Nenah
13th November 2004, 04:52 PM

guys im runnin wee bit late! the printer keeps jammin, tryin to print out the run instructions. i'll try be there for 9.

Relax Eggy - we wont leave without you!

Eggy7496
13th November 2004, 05:08 PM
ok leavin fraserburgh just now, away to nail it thru! see at 9

MartinSullivan
13th November 2004, 09:05 PM
Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that turned up today - it was really good to see all the usual faces and a lot of new ones. I would also like to thank Nenah for helping to organise it - we were both worried that we wouldnt get many cars at such short notice - but we did it, and it looked fantastic and I believe Northsound were really impressed and very greatful.

I think I got round everybody and introduced myself but if I missed anyone then I am sorry :(.

Right who is up for an Aberdeen Evening Social Meet then?????!!!!! :)

Here are some pics from Duthie Park :)

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000001.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000002.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000003.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000004.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000005.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000006.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000008.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000007.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00483630f00000009.jpg

Really sorry I couldnt make the Inverness run, sure its going to be fantastic - the weather seems to be improving. I want to see lots of pics when you all get back :)

aimee_s
13th November 2004, 09:19 PM
good day out, or morning anyway for sure! was nice to be able to put some faces to names (or is it names to faces??!) and i wish id got my lazy self outta bed to make it to duthie park first! never mind, ill be better organised for the next one..i now know for more cars to try and spot around town, so if you see some random mini flashing you....ITS ME!

monkimagic
13th November 2004, 10:57 PM
Good to see you all, lovely photos to boot !!!!!

Monki

X30YES
14th November 2004, 06:42 PM
Next time have the car wash after the run !!!!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/216301841/216550952hHCPiY
http://community.webshots.com/photo/216301841/216550952hHCPiY
and this was only getting to Inverness

john
14th November 2004, 07:47 PM
quote: LOL!! And dont forget to take a warm coat, and your gloves and some....sorry! just looking out for you young'uns!:I

GLOVES?????????:D:D both of them Nenah????:D:D

DNV122
14th November 2004, 07:52 PM
Does any one need the name of a good wheel rim repairer ?

MartinSullivan
14th November 2004, 08:10 PM

Oh no, who kerbed their alloys then???? Or do I not need to ask? :I

DNV heres the number for deeside autovalet

Euan, Deeside Auto Valet - 07790248012

X30YES
14th November 2004, 08:28 PM

Yip BOTH of them and a few chunks oot o'the tyres as well ...lets say she will have the number already M :p

MartinSullivan
14th November 2004, 08:29 PM
Yip BOTH of them and a few chunks oot o'the tyres as well ...lets say she will have the number already M :p

DOH!!!!

Nenah
14th November 2004, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by johnLOL!! And dont forget to take a warm coat, and your gloves and some....sorry! just looking out for you young'uns!:I

GLOVES?????????:D:D both of them Nenah????:D:D

Well, yes preferably! Note to Self: check you have BOTH gloves before leaving house next time!!!

Nenah
14th November 2004, 10:41 PM

Damn! Dobbed in good and proper, thanks guys!! ;) - I knew that skidpan course I did would come in handly one day, otherwise there would have been more than damaged wheels and tyres to worry about when Winnie and I met our end off the cliff Thelma & Louise style!!! :dead::dead: It may be time to use the set of alloys I bought from John and bin the old set (as well as my underpants!!!) :eek: :D:D

DNV122
15th November 2004, 01:36 AM
Here's a couple from the beginning of the day, with Nenah's slave hard at work :

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/48946_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/48946.jpg)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/48947_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/48947.jpg)

DNV122
15th November 2004, 01:44 AM
I have to say that the sideway's, wheel-crunching, tyre-chunking moment must have been awesome.

Can the driver behind vouch for this - or was it in the Pizza hut carpark ?

sleepyrascal
15th November 2004, 02:02 AM
Nenah, when you say bin the old ones, do you mean hand them down to a lowly student, such as myself :0)

The Dogfather
15th November 2004, 02:36 AM

Nenah, when you say bin the old ones, do you mean hand them down to a lowly student, such as myself :0)

What you want Nenah's underpants?

X30YES
15th November 2004, 02:46 AM
Hey ...How much for the underpants ?..to hell with the tyres :D

sleepyrascal
15th November 2004, 05:45 AM
Underpants.... well what else!;)

I MEANT THE WHEELS!:D

Nenah
15th November 2004, 05:49 AM

I have to say that the sideway's, wheel-crunching, tyre-chunking moment must have been awesome.

Can the driver behind vouch for this - or was it in the Pizza hut carpark ?

DNV122 - This hairy moment was def. not in the carpark!!! Awesome? mmm...I can say so now but I certainly didnt think so eyeballing the cliff at the time - my adrenal gland certainly got a work out(esp, with a few cans of redbull already in the system!) :D:D A few good war wounds to show off after an exhilirating run - kinda lost my bottle for the rest of the day a bit after that close call!!

Sleepy - yep, I'll get in touch once I've sorted some new wheels.

X30YES - somehow this request from you no longer shocks me after sitting next to you at dinner!!! :eek: Honestly! :I

Nenah
15th November 2004, 05:50 AM

Washed or unwashed -that's what I want to know?!?!..on second thoughts - dont answer that!!!! :D

X30YES
15th November 2004, 06:08 AM

Washed or unwashed -that's what I want to know?!?!..on second thoughts - dont answer that!!!! :D
:eek::D......remember the pizza monster ;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!