PDA

View Full Version : Locking Nut Key…

ELFMAN
17th July 2022, 02:35 PM
Hi folks, I’ve been having an intermittent deflation of my front N/S tyre recently - can’t see any foreign bodies, so could be a faulty valve (shades of the Highland Tour on my rear tyre!). Anyway, I was going to get it checked this week and went to the glovebox to get the key… You’ve guessed it - no key. Turned ELFmobile inside out but no sign of it. Can only think I’ve not got it back from last service or just stupidly lost it. What’s the solution? Can I get a replacement from Mini (which doesn’t cost £150 or something mad?) Or are they available elsewhere? Any brilliant ideas gratefully appreciated!

MINI William
17th July 2022, 03:33 PM
You’ll be able to get a replacement from MINI. I broke one a few years ago and it was fairly reasonably priced. They’ll just go through their master set and see what key you need

ELFMAN
17th July 2022, 04:13 PM
Many Thanks William, that’s good to know. I’ll give good old Dougie Park a call in the morning!

ELFMAN
19th July 2022, 10:21 AM
Key Update, I phoned Park’s and was going to take the car down to get the key matched (was told it could take up to 3 WEEKS!), then thought “I’ll have one last look…”. Found the key carefully wrapped up & stashed in a wee bag with some tools in the boot! Thing is I’d already looked there and just didn’t see it amongst the other stuff… All’s well that ends well! Phoned back & cancelled visit. Have to say the phone manner at Park’s leaves a bit to be desired, both the general receptionist (not in Hamilton) and the Parts Guy were pretty brusque both times I contacted them. Maybe they were stressed, or maybe you have to be potentially buying a car to get really friendly service these days?

DaiB
19th July 2022, 11:38 AM
Glad you found it but disappointing to hear about the service.

stoney
19th July 2022, 08:14 PM
Glad you found it Elfman. Yea customer service ie a dying thing theses days.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

MINI William
19th July 2022, 09:28 PM
Pleased you found it Elfman

badwolf340
21st July 2022, 06:19 PM
Always good when a lost thing pops up usually in a place where it’s not meant to be :yes nod: