PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts

AlanJCW
31st March 2022, 04:42 PM
Hi folks.. I’ve an LCI 2 with the dreaded GPF/PPF attached to it. Being new to the MINI scene I was wondering if they all had a singular join or are they the more conventional 3 part systems? Back box to centre/CAT then front pipe..

EDIT: I’ve had a look for exhausts on the inter web and they state from the GPF back.. I’m assuming that means I’d need a pipe to fill the gap from the GPF/PPF to the new system?
Or would it be easier to get a decat downpipe that fits on to the stock system?
Obviously it’s for a better sound, hopefully burbles and pops.

badwolf340
31st March 2022, 06:45 PM
You can get a PPF replacement pipe but will bring on a EML ( can be removed)To remove the cat it’s harder on F series cars and will bring on a EML which can be removed by mapping but this will be visible to MINI if they want to look .

AlanJCW
31st March 2022, 07:32 PM
Is the sensor in the PPE pipe? I couldn’t see any visible when I got underneath it.
And unfortunately from what I hear the LCI models have a locked ECU :sad: So can’t map it.

I’m really just looking for an exhaust that I can take off before any service work would be carried out by MINI - I was a fitter in a previous life so I’m fairly decent with exhausts. I was hoping the front pipe would be easy to remove but I’d still prefer to replace the back box instead.

MINI William
31st March 2022, 08:07 PM
There is a pressure sensor for the GPF, any change will bring a CEL light on unless mapped out, at this point I believe LCI2 cars need the ECU to be removed for mapping. You can get a GPF back exhaust that is essentially a back box replacement that should give a slightly better sound with the benefit of no CEL light

AlanJCW
31st March 2022, 09:04 PM
Those sneaky sods lol
What does the GPF look like? Is it part of the exhaust? I had a quick look under it on some drive on ramps (reversed on) and seen that the whole centre comes from from the front via a resonator to the back box that looked like an all in one piece. I seen somewhere else that the first resonator is the GPF. I took a video of it, I’ve screen shot the resonator in question as I can’t upload the video. 9183

MINI William
1st April 2022, 06:54 AM
The GPF is a flattish looking resonator. The exhaust will be one piece so anything you do will require the exhaust to be cut, unless you do a full system

AlanJCW
1st April 2022, 07:18 AM
Dam it, that’s what I thought but was hoping you wasn’t going to say :sad:

Thanks William, your like the oracle for everything MINI :D

MINI William
1st April 2022, 07:33 AM
What you could do if you wanted a little more noise but didn’t want to cut your existing exhaust would be to see if you can get a JCW exhaust with a GPF, that will give you a bit more noise but keep everything in check with the GPF

AlanJCW
1st April 2022, 10:29 AM
Like I said, the oracle :bow:
I’m not in the market for one at the minute.. 2 reasons, she’s a list of stuff she wants to spend my penny’s on plus she’s said I’ll be disowned if I touch the car :Whistle: so it’ll be about July time before I’ll be purchasing it.