PDA

View Full Version : Beltline Advice: Don’t say “Try Weight Watchers!”

ELFMAN
21st March 2022, 11:45 AM
In an ill-advised bout of self-reliance, I took took off the belt-line chrome/rubber trim below the driver’s side rear window as I noticed a bit of the thin lower rubber seal was kinked. Got that straightened, but unfortunately couldn’t clip the trim back properly. It’s on, but it’s not sitting flush. I can get most of the rubber tight to the window at the top, but it's not quite right and the thin lower rubber is sitting proud of the bodywork. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but worried I'm going to bend or break something if I force it. I know it’s probably shooty-in for normal people, but it’s just not behaving itself.

Tried online guides, but they're all Gen 1 or Gen 3 stuff! Any ideas? Ta.

Crombers
21st March 2022, 11:55 AM
I'd head into a MINI dealership or B&M to ask for advice.

Or why not try a window replacement company, they'll know the tricks.

Your local garage (Thornliebank Motor Engineers, for me) would also be worth a visit, mechanics know how & all that.

As you say it'll be easy if you know how

ELFMAN
21st March 2022, 12:00 PM
Cheers Crombers, I might give Park’s Mini in Hamilton a shout as I was a long time customer of theirs to see if they’d maybe pop it in if I popped down. Forgot to say I didn’t take the trim completely off, it was still attached at the rear corner, where it was sliding on the ‘rails’ where it’s supposed to be clipped into.

MINI William
21st March 2022, 03:53 PM
Iy just clips in Elfman but it’s quite tight. I’d say the clip isn’t lined up properly. Pull it back out and look down between the bodywork and the trim to make sure it’s going to sit properly. Either that or pop through

ELFMAN
21st March 2022, 09:41 PM
Cheers William, I’ll have another go at it tomorrow or Wednesday. Mini passed its MOT today and got engine oil and transmission oil change while it was in. Running sweet! Now on a gargantuan 24,866 miles!