PDA

View Full Version : clubman cooper 2.0diesel d4 any good? only 110hp

Camshaft
31st December 2021, 07:01 PM
Hi Folks,
I'm considering buying an automatic 2015 countryman diesel 2.0d D4 cooper. I see the spec for it shows only 110hp this seems a bit low for a two litre.
I'm guessing it will be a bit of a slug? Possibly the H.P. has been kept low so as not to overload the gearbox?
Unfortunately it has to be a auto as the wife flatly refuses to drive my manual diesel cooper hatch.
I was wondering if anyone here runs a countryman auto D4 and if they do what's the verdict?
The one I'm looking at needs a timing chain but that doesn't bother me as I can do the work myself.
Cheers and Happy New Year when it comes.

MINI William
31st December 2021, 10:44 PM
Not something I’ve driven I’m afraid. The power on the later Gen2 Cooper D cars can a 2L but detuned as to not compete with SD cars

badwolf340
1st January 2022, 09:19 AM
As you say power seems low but what are the Torque figures?

Camshaft
2nd January 2022, 03:40 PM
Oops looks like I've now duplicated the post.:rolleyes: Apologies as I didn't think the first post had stuck.
Not sure what the torque figures are but surely they must be decent if its a two litre diesel.

Camshaft
3rd January 2022, 12:25 PM
I believe the torque is 270Nm, 112HP. I see there are plenty re-map Co's offering big HP gains but I'm a wee bit worried the auto transmission and 4wd system wont be able to cope.