PDA

View Full Version : F56 Door seal paint damage

Bianchi Dave
5th December 2021, 05:02 PM
Hi guys

Not been on here for ages so good to look though threads for a catch up!
Just wondering if anyone up here has had paint damage in the door shuts, caused by the hard plastic part of the door seals. We've had damage which I've touched up with chipex a few times but it keeps rubbing off and is now through the primer. A check online shows this to be a common problem which Mini are aware of.

Photo below of our drivers door shut (passenger door showing signs too but not nearly as bad) -

Not what you'd expect on a 2020 Mini. I understand dealers are rectifying the paint then fitting a protective film. I'll be contacting my local dealer (JC Tayside) tomorrow so would be good to know if anyone has had the fix done by them?

Cheers

MINI William
5th December 2021, 09:37 PM
It’s a fairly common issue. Most dealers are sorting it without much issue. I’ve fitted PPF To the door shuts on our cars to prevent the rubbing and so far seems to be doing the job.

Bianchi Dave
6th December 2021, 08:23 AM
Thanks both. I'm not anticipating any problems but these days dealers seem to want to do the bare minimum. Its more the hassle tbh, as we're an hour away from dealer so I'm hoping to get it booked in on showing photos only - none of this "we need to see the car first" nonsense, then book it in. It due its first service in Feb/March so might be easier leaving it until then. Cheers

Kirst_jcw
2nd January 2022, 07:01 PM
I literally just got mine done by the dealer a couple of months ago (1 month left on the warranty too). They did just take pictures and send to Mini. Had it booked in with them for a week to sand it down and repaint. They even put some ppf on as standard which was surprising. Hopefully should be pain free for you.

macscorcher
31st January 2023, 04:00 PM
Sorry to re-open on an old thread but I’ve noticed this on my 2017 MINI. I’m guessing MINI are only covering this on cars new enough to still be under warranty?

Any solutions out there for older models?

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
31st January 2023, 08:45 PM
You should still be covered under your 10 year paint and corrosion warranty

Kieran-C
31st January 2023, 10:51 PM
If you get fixed. I would recommend PPF the area to ensure it doesnt happen again. Like William I have ppf'd mine too.

macscorcher
2nd February 2023, 12:33 PM
You should still be covered under your 10 year paint and corrosion warranty

O that’s good to hear! Will pop into my local dealer see what they say[emoji106]

Defo get PPF on it once its fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk