PDA

View Full Version : Charity Ball Donations

Mini Me
8th November 2004, 10:43 PM
Come on guy's i KNOW there are other dealers on this site,remember it's for whiz kids,lets get the finger out.....you know who you are:mad:

Julz
8th November 2004, 10:56 PM
You tell 'em!!:approve:

Email me your donation amount folks and I'll send you a paypal request!:clown:

its_for_charidee_mate@hotmail.com

MartinSullivan
8th November 2004, 10:58 PM
Can we have a "totaliser" like they used to have on Blue Peter appeals :)

Julz
8th November 2004, 11:05 PM
I could give you a total figure, but no fancy chart or anything!:D

Total so far - £25:clown:

Big Col
8th November 2004, 11:55 PM
Ding!

Julz
9th November 2004, 12:00 AM
£48.75:D:D

(having to pay a charge for accepting loadsa money, but I'll pay it back personally when the time comes!!;))

Gismo
9th November 2004, 12:10 AM
Well, i've donated generously in other areas and i'll be attending the ball, so, please excuse me for not giving for this request as well :I

Julz
9th November 2004, 12:14 AM
Don't worry Alan, you were not on the list of people to harass seeing as you have already donated generously!!:D

Big Col
9th November 2004, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well, i've donated generously in other areas and i'll be attending the ball, so, please excuse me for not giving for this request as well :I

Tightarse! ;):clown::D

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 01:36 AM
I can donate a bottle of Talisker Malt from my collection, it's the only one which hasn't been opened (still on my first one).

Smurf
9th November 2004, 02:05 AM
If you need bottles of booze for raffle prizes etc - we can empty our dresser no problem!
Drop me an e-mail if you want to, Julz.

:)

Gismo
9th November 2004, 03:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Tightarse! ;):clown::D
You would know ;)

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 05:17 AM
we could always action off Cols build slot for January.....:p

Big Col
9th November 2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah you action it and get it sooner mate! I gotta admit. For a minute there I thought you were going to say we should auction it off. Heh heh. How unfunny would THAT have been. ;)

Big Col
9th November 2004, 04:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
You would know ;)

:eek: or is that facial expression inappropriate? ;)

Julz
9th November 2004, 05:12 PM
We've reached £100 folks, and that's only been 6 donations!! Keep them coming, and a big thanks to those who have donated so far;):D

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 11:18 PM
Instead of a run,why not try i charity road block, get all the mini's block of some town centre and don't move them until they pay up<Col's idea,sent in to me by brain wave>:p

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 11:34 PM
Col, brain wave? His brain waved goodbye a long time ago!

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 11:37 PM
FIGHT THREAD REQUIRED !

Wul
9th November 2004, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

FIGHT THREAD REQUIRED !

FIGHT THREAD REQUIRED !

We heard you the first time :D:p

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 11:51 PM
He's old and senile thats why he keeps repeating himself!

Wul
10th November 2004, 12:17 AM
Yeh - deleting your double post won't help you now corporate hussy boy! ;)

Julz
10th November 2004, 12:24 AM
<coughbantercough>:clown:

Big Col
10th November 2004, 12:28 AM
Aww shurrup ya phlegmy minimod! ;)

Julz
10th November 2004, 12:39 AM
I knew you would come back with a response like that!!:p

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 12:46 AM
I can't even hit him for you anymore Julz :( :p:D:approve:

Sheilz
10th November 2004, 06:27 AM

Instead of a run,why not try i charity road block, get all the mini's block of some town centre and don't move them until they pay up<Col's idea,sent in to me by brain wave>:p

8am Monday Bridge of Dee,ABZ. result: Mayhem probably followed by a bloodbath! Could be good fun !!:D:D:D

Julz
11th November 2004, 08:11 PM
Come on folks, only 6 people have donated, we don't want to stick with the stereotype image of the Scots do we?? (plus I've got an r/c car to pay for!!):(

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 09:07 PM
Can we have a straw poll on what to do with the auction r/c mini 8)
At the moment Julz and I have 3 options. These are -
1) Leave it unpainted and the winner chooses paint scheme.
Pros:D - Good that the winner can choose, gives more time for money to come in.
Cons:( - They might come up with some crazy paintscheme a can't do, the actual car won't be at the ball for people to see, we would have to post it to them with all the problems that causes.
2) We paint it flip purple and make it stand out as a very one off.
Pros:D - Actual car will be there and speak for itself (so to speak),we don't have to post it.
Cons:( - Winner can't pick paint colour, Julz has to carry it down with her.
3) Same as 2 but painted with chrome paint. Very 'bling' indeed :cool:

My personal fav is the chrome :D I've seen a Merc done with this stuff and it looks sooooooooooooooooperb but I realise some people might not like it so its up to the people who donate to decide. Try and let me know before next Saturday though as I want to buy every thing at once :clown:
Over to you guys :p:D:approve:

Julz
11th November 2004, 09:23 PM
Big G, I've also posted these options on the Chartiy Ball organisers forum thingmy!!:clown:

Wul
11th November 2004, 10:33 PM
Here's a radical option - paint it the bling bling chrome and let Julz take it to the ball - when on display put a note next to the car telling them that for the cost of a new shell they can have their own scheme as well as the bling bling one - this would be very cheap to post compared to a whole car.

I think if you don't have the whole car there on the night people might not bid as they can't take it home/ to their hotel room to crash while drunk at/after the ball :I

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Here's a radical option - paint it the bling bling chrome and let Julz take it to the ball - when on display put a note next to the car telling them that for the cost of a new shell they can have their own scheme as well as the bling bling one - this would be very cheap to post compared to a whole car.

I vote for Wuls idea - which is an excellent one!!!! :D

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 10:50 PM
I take it we're still going with this as a Cooper version seeing as I can't get an 'S' bodyshell:I :p:D:approve:

Julz
11th November 2004, 11:16 PM
All the Megs fumes must have gone to Wuls head, resulting in a good idea!! I think Wuls idea is a winner!!;):D

Gismo
11th November 2004, 11:28 PM
Wul's idea is best so far :cool: i don't have any opinion :I

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 11:32 PM
I thought that excuse was reserved for mini super salespersons :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 12:18 AM
I've managed to get the auction one FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thank you Mr.Wonderland :p:D:approve:

Big Col
12th November 2004, 12:19 AM
YAY! Nice one G man!!! :approve:

Julz
12th November 2004, 05:06 PM
So this means all funds raised so far (from all 6 of you:disapprove:) goes straight to charity!!:D

soggy
12th November 2004, 06:16 PM
You guys/gals are stars - this is realy appreciated by all the organisers :)

Did someone mention a bottle of Talisker ........ we had a bottle of Grappa and six glasses sold at the Cotswolds Auction for over £100 so booze is always a popular item ;)

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 06:21 PM
That was me just tell me where to send it!!

soggy
15th November 2004, 08:22 PM
You can send it directly to me, or have Julz/alan bring it down with them if they don't mind carrying it. I'll drop you a mail with my address if that is the option you run with.

And a big thank you :)

The Dogfather
15th November 2004, 08:49 PM
I will pop it in the post today.

soggy
16th November 2004, 12:37 AM
You're a star - thanks :)

Julz
17th November 2004, 06:57 PM
New total = £144.55:)

Come on folks, dig deep! I know it's only 38 days til Christmas, but even the smallest donation can make a difference!!:)

Julz
23rd November 2004, 06:39 PM
£173.33:D

Mini Me
24th November 2004, 05:51 AM
Julz,how and when do you wan't our wee contribution ????????

The Dogfather
24th November 2004, 06:22 AM
Julz, I don't suppose if you know whether soggy got the bottle of whisky?

Julz
24th November 2004, 05:21 PM

Julz,how and when do you wan't our wee contribution ????????

Hmmm, this is the awkward bit!! Does it have autopilot??;) I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to send it direct to Soggy, cause I don't think Easy Jet would be too happy if I claimed it as hand luggage!:p I'll ask Soggy and see what he thinks!;):clown:

BDM, not sure, I will ask!:)

soggy
24th November 2004, 06:01 PM
bad dog - I've just come on to let you know I picked it up last night, they'd tried to deliver the day before but no one was at home. Big thank you for that , I must keep it well hidden over Christmas with the relatives around !!!!

soggy
24th November 2004, 06:05 PM
minime - I'm happy for anything to be shipped direct to my address. Alternativley if you want to use the MINI dealer network then I'm sure my local dealer, Wollastons in northampton, would be happy to help out. I have a good relationship with them and am anticipating their involvement in the Ball too ;) Let me know what's easiest for you :)

Mini Me
24th November 2004, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by soggy

minime - I'm happy for anything to be shipped direct to my address. Alternativley if you want to use the MINI dealer network then I'm sure my local dealer, Wollastons in northampton, would be happy to help out. I have a good relationship with them and am anticipating their involvement in the Ball too ;) Let me know what's easiest for you :)
Hi Soggy ,i think it would be best if you e-mailed me your address,because if i send it via the BMW network,it has to go back to Bracknell and re-sorted(usually lost)..;)
1 x electric Mini Converticle(yes you are too big)
1 x voucher for window tint from Pentagon.:D

soggy
25th November 2004, 12:28 AM
ok, you've got mail :)

And thank you again :)

Julz
25th November 2004, 11:30 PM
£182.79:D

soggy
27th November 2004, 02:11 AM
I now have a mini convertible in my garage :eek: I'll open it tomorrow in the day light and make sure it transited safely.

Many thanks again for the generosity :)

soggy
29th November 2004, 06:26 PM
And the Pentagon voucher arrived too in the post - thank you :)

Julz
10th January 2005, 11:35 PM
£211.57 :clown:

Julz
25th February 2005, 11:09 PM
The grand total raised is £263.70, which I will round up to £270 and hand over tomorrow!!;)

Cheers folks!:D