PDA

View Full Version : Mini GP vs GR Yaris

AlanJCW
31st July 2021, 09:06 AM
Hi folks…
Most of you have probably seen this as it’s a few months old however I thought I’d stick it here for those who haven’t.

The result is very surprising.

https://youtu.be/7OpYRTupJJ0

Denso
31st July 2021, 09:37 AM
It’s a shame it wasn’t on a dry surface.

Denso

scottch
31st July 2021, 10:11 AM
Both great cars - does he mention that particular gp3 is modified?

AlanJCW
31st July 2021, 10:39 AM
No…
He said the stock figures for it so I just assumed it was a standard new GP..
very naughty.

- - - Updated - - -

He races the GP against a few other cars; Type R, Monotune ST, i30N performance and another one or two I can’t remember off the top of my head at the same time on a dry day and the Mini is just on a different level.

I need a Mini GP in my life :p

MINI William
31st July 2021, 12:56 PM
A great video of 2 great cars. The GP does have an intake on it at that point which isn’t mentioned, the intake in question is being redeveloped due to it clipping power higher up.

AlanJCW
31st July 2021, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the detailed feedback guys.

None of the mods were declared during the video. I’m a complete Mini noob, but not a car modding novice. I did clock the wheels being different, though I assumed it was possibly an option for the GP3.

It’ll be nice to pick your brains on the 8th about all things Mini :D

scottch
1st August 2021, 09:54 AM
Massive fan of both these cars, just seems less than honest not to declare the GP3 wasn't standard - if someone spent £1400 worth of eventuri on it, I'm wondering what other tuning might have been done

MINI William
1st August 2021, 11:44 AM
Massive fan of both these cars, just seems less than honest not to declare the GP3 wasn't standard - if someone spent £1400 worth of eventuri on it, I'm wondering what other tuning might have been done

Totally agree Scott. As far as I’m aware Evolve never actually developed anything for the GP apart from the Eventuri intake and the wheels that they sell that are fairly horrendous. Evolve don’t have a tuning package for the GP/Clubman/M135 etc. They’ve also now sold the car so I can’t see anything being released soon.

ELFMAN
2nd August 2021, 04:16 PM
Both fab cars. Yes I’ve this before and still not really sure what it proves - if anything - apart from the fact that: 1. I’d never buy those wheels and 2. that the über-chirpy Matt Watson of CarWow is just permanently annoying, whatever he’s reviewing. We obviously know & love the GP, which is basically still a Mini, albeit a very well sorted & powerful one, but the Yaris (which has as much in common with a production Yaris as I have with Chris ‘Thor’ Hemsworth: ie Not a Lot) is basically a purpose-built 4WD Homologation Special, so the GP’s minor ‘hidden extras’ are probably of little consequence. Would’ve been interesting to see them on a dry-ish handling course or a nice B-Road, where I hate to say the Yaris might just shade it due to that clever active 4WD (& Diffs if you get the +£3k Track Pack) - but you never know…