PDA

View Full Version : Harry Fairbairn Innovation Centre Sunday 8th August

MINI William
5th July 2021, 08:08 PM
NMS has been invited to attend Harry Fairbairn’s new innovation centre in Glasgow on Sunday 8th August.

The afternoon would include test drives, refreshments and a tour of the new innovation centre.

It’s been suggested that we could meet at Harry Fairbairn Kirkcaldy where they would host us in the morning with bacon rolls and refreshments before convoying through to the new centre in Glasgow, however this isn’t set in stone and we could meet at the innovation centre instead. Due to current restrictions booking slots for the test drives and tour of the facility would need to be booked which I will get details of how HF would like this to be organised shortly.

As always everyone is welcome to attend, please post names below

Update 24 July 21
Our tour for the innovation centre is booked for 1130. How about we meet at the innovation centre for 11 and this’ll allow us to have a chat etc beforehand.

Can I ask that everyone completes the attached registration form CLICK (https://www.arnoldclark.com/contact/mini/electric-event/nms) and let me know when complete please. Also don’t forget your driving license if your wanting to drive any of the cars the day.

As always everyone is welcome and I’ve you’ve never been to a NMS meet before why not pop along.

Address is
Arnold Clark Innovation Centre
701 Dumbarton Road
Glasgow
G11 6NA

1. William & Megan
2. Brian & Christina
3. Ali & Laura
4. Andrew
5. Sam
6. Crombers
7. Scott
8. Ivan
9. Hugh
10. AlanJCW
11. Kenny & Jackie
12. James
13. Tam
14. Tom

cuddles
5th July 2021, 08:27 PM
Sounds like fun can you put our names down please

MINI William
5th July 2021, 08:30 PM
Sounds like fun can you put our names down please

Added

DigitalLemming
5th July 2021, 09:34 PM
And me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
8th July 2021, 12:35 PM
And me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s you added Andrew. Sorry I missed you

Sammychuk
8th July 2021, 04:27 PM
yea stick my name down i am up for it

Crombers
8th July 2021, 04:44 PM
Rare event/shock news ......... weekend off ........ available :thumbs up:

MINI William
8th July 2021, 08:02 PM
yea stick my name down i am up for it

Rare event/shock news ......... weekend off ........ available :thumbs up:

Both added. That is a rare treat Crombers

Coop1
9th July 2021, 08:10 PM
Oh, go on then. Stick us down.

MINI William
11th July 2021, 11:37 AM
That’s you added Scott

MINI William
24th July 2021, 01:53 PM
Our tour for the innovation centre is booked for 1130. How about we meet at the innovation centre for 11 and this’ll allow us to have a chat etc beforehand.

Can I ask that everyone completes the attached registration form CLICK (https://www.arnoldclark.com/contact/mini/electric-event/nms) and let me know when complete please. Also don’t forget your driving license if your wanting to drive any of the cars the day.

As always everyone is welcome and I’ve you’ve never been to a NMS meet before why not pop along.

DigitalLemming
24th July 2021, 02:18 PM
Done

MINI William
24th July 2021, 04:17 PM
Done

Thanks Andrew

Ivan1812
24th July 2021, 05:31 PM
Wee add for me thanks

MINI William
24th July 2021, 07:30 PM
That’s you added Ivan

badwolf340
24th July 2021, 09:12 PM
Done

Crombers
25th July 2021, 07:11 AM
Aye from me

AlanJCW
26th July 2021, 12:24 PM
I don’t have my Mini yet but would be nice to pop along if that’s ok..

Filled out the registration form.

MINI William
26th July 2021, 01:19 PM
I don’t have my Mini yet but would be nice to pop along if that’s ok..

Filled out the registration form.

More than welcome to. Can put faces to names

AlanJCW
26th July 2021, 01:28 PM
More than welcome to. Can put faces to names

Thanks �� That’s it in the Calendar ��

Bairdjf
29th July 2021, 07:26 PM
Hi William,

Would it be possible to put both myself (Kenny) and Jackie (bairdjf) down for this event? I've completed the form for the both of us. Also, we're happy to meet at Kirkcaldy prior heading through to Glasgow if everyone else is up for it. Lot easier to find than possibly Glasgow's location, lol.

Thanks fella.

MINI William
29th July 2021, 08:47 PM
That’s you both added. We’re just going to meet at the Innovation Centre but if Fife members want to convoy over… perfect.

The address is
Arnold Clark Innovation Centre
701 Dumbarton Road
Glasgow
G11 6NA

Bairdjf
30th July 2021, 12:15 AM
That's brilliant. Thanks again and look forward to meeting everyone! ��

MINI William
30th July 2021, 08:45 AM
That's brilliant. Thanks again and look forward to meeting everyone! ��

I just noticed your in Edinburgh. Happy to do a Edinburgh convoy

Bairdjf
30th July 2021, 04:42 PM
I just noticed your in Edinburgh. Happy to do a Edinburgh convoy

That's awesome. Thanks William. Just worried we might get lost on the way through (would not be the first time). ;)
So happy to meet where easy for yourself/others and at the time that best suits. :thumbs up:

Kenny

James469
4th August 2021, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone, can you add myself and my dad for this please. I've already completed the form for the both of us

badwolf340
4th August 2021, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone, can you add myself and my dad for this please. I've already completed the form for the both of us
Added guys:thumbs up:

teccles
4th August 2021, 10:17 PM
Could you stick me down for this as well please.

MINI William
5th August 2021, 05:04 AM
No bother James that’s you added

MINI William
5th August 2021, 05:06 AM
Could you stick me down for this as well please.

Brilliant. That’s you added Tom

badwolf340
5th August 2021, 06:59 PM
Please make sure that if you want a test drive on the day you must bring your driving license and your DVLA code, the link for the code will be with your reminder email from HF.

MINI William
6th August 2021, 08:20 PM
If anyone is heading through from the east and wanting to convoy through we could meet at Hermiston Gate at 10 to leave for 1010.

Bairdjf
7th August 2021, 12:13 AM
If anyone is heading through from the east and wanting to convoy through we could meet at Hermiston Gate at 10 to leave for 1010.

Perfect. Sounds good to us, fella. See you there! 😉👌

AlanJCW
7th August 2021, 11:08 AM
Remember I don’t have my Mini yet so don’t all look at me weird when I turn up in something Italian and try n talk to yous lol
Looking forward to meeting some of the NMS squad.

Coop1
7th August 2021, 05:29 PM
Will head for Hermiston Gait for 10.00

James469
7th August 2021, 06:17 PM
Will see yous at germiston gait ������

MINI William
8th August 2021, 06:57 AM
No worries

MINI William
8th August 2021, 06:57 AM
See everyone else soon

badwolf340
8th August 2021, 04:34 PM
A different insight into how the future of motoring is heading,but TBH just as much fun was had today in the electric MINI,s and the hybrid Countryman’s .everyone seems to have enjoyed their drives in the car’s and that is the main thing.I hope everyone got to drive in the dry before the torrential rain came on and everyone got their goody bags.
A big thanks to HF for the invite for today’s event.

MINI William
8th August 2021, 04:48 PM
A huge thank you to everyone that came along to the innovation centre today and also thank you to HF for their tremendous hospitality once again. I hope that you all enjoyed the day and the drives in the SE and Hybrid Countryman’s. It was great to see so many people along and also to see a few new faces, I hope you where made to feel welcome.

Cars are definitely going to be going electric but after today’s drives, I don’t think it’s going to be a bad thing.

Crombers
8th August 2021, 05:11 PM
I will definitely miss the combustion engine, mainly for the sound.

But by heck the electric MINI is an absolute hoot to drive, the acceleration is phenomenal :thumbs up:

Thanks to all that organised today & good to meet new faces :hand:

Coop1
8th August 2021, 05:32 PM
Interesting day out. Bit of an eye opener with that Coop SE. Might be persuaded to go leccy, at some point, some years from now.

Bairdjf
9th August 2021, 09:20 AM
Hi Everyone. Just a quick message to say it was really nice to meet everyone on Sunday and thanks for inviting us to attend this brilliant event. Weather aside we had a great time and met some brilliant people. Fingers crossed we can get something organised for the upcoming meet but failing that we will try to attend more events thereafter as we really enjoyed this. I've also got a couple of photos of the day so will upload these ASAP. :thumbs up:

badwolf340
9th August 2021, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone. Just a quick message to say it was really nice to meet everyone on Sunday and thanks for inviting us to attend this brilliant event. Weather aside we had a great time and met some brilliant people. Fingers crossed we can get something organised for the upcoming meet but failing that we will try to attend more events thereafter as we really enjoyed this. I've also got a couple of photos of the day so will upload these ASAP. :thumbs up:
It was lovely to meet you both and hopefully you can get something organised :thumbs up:

Bairdjf
9th August 2021, 08:06 PM
It was lovely to meet you both and hopefully you can get something organised :thumbs up:

Thanks fella, likewise. :thumbs up:

MINI William
9th August 2021, 09:41 PM

Pleased you both had a good day it was great to meet you both and hopefully see you both soon at a run.