PDA

View Full Version : Damn timing chain

Grumps
21st May 2021, 09:23 PM
So...bit of hesitation, rough running when cold , thoughts to myself while driving " hmm m somethings not quite right here", engine light " ahh bollocks" , booked in to my local trusted garage , boost leak somewhere , smoke test and possibly timing chain issue , " ok proceed with tests" , confirm we have boost leak, located faulty hose and replace , timing chain is stretched , advise replacement, " ahh bollocks" , yeah ok do what you need to , not gonna say how much, but it hurt...I wept...

On the bright side , my timing chain is done now :D and I managed to remain married and housed...to be continued

stuBB
21st May 2021, 09:48 PM
Yeah - can feel the pain in this post...
Glad now resolved, Buddy!
(Ps you'll need to share the tricks for keeping the other half calm! ��)

badwolf340
22nd May 2021, 06:59 AM
Never a good time when you find out major problems lie ahead ,but good news when it’s fixed and you can get on with driving it,the marriage and house are just a bonus :laugh:

scook94
22nd May 2021, 09:56 AM
Can I ask where your "local trusted garage" is? I'm in Stirling and looking for alternatives for when the service plan that came with my Clubman runs out next year. TIA.

Grumps
22nd May 2021, 04:58 PM
Yeah sure Scook, I use Hunters in linlithgow

MINI William
22nd May 2021, 06:08 PM
Pleased that it’s fixed, it’s always a nightmare when these thing arise but at least it’s fixed now and should hopefully give you some worryfree motoring for a while