PDA

View Full Version : Change of car . Which one ?

MiniInd
20th May 2021, 06:53 PM
We are thinking of changing our other car inherited from my father . Looking at adding another mini .

Either f55 cooper sd moonwalk grey , most things ticked apart from heated front screen . 2017 21k miles

Or f56 cooper s orange , same again most things ticked apart from HK . 2018 13k miles

Will we get pops and bangs from standard exhaust ?

both from same mini dealer.

Track Ali
20th May 2021, 08:08 PM
Unless you need the diesel for mileage or the 5-door for the practicality, I'd recommend going for the petrol S.

I can't quite remember if MINI had completely eliminated pops and bangs on the first LCI so I'm not sure if you'll get any pops and bangs. I seem to recall there was also an issue fitting the JCW Pro exhaust to LCI models due to additional filters.

Either way though I think you'll end up with a great car. :thumbs up:

MINI William
20th May 2021, 09:02 PM
The very first LCI cars weren’t fitted with GPF/PPF’s so you will should still get some nice noises from the exhaust.

badwolf340
21st May 2021, 06:19 AM
Best choice F56 S and if your lucky no PPF and fit the Pro exhaust which will put lots of smiles on your face :yes nod:

MiniInd
21st May 2021, 08:55 PM
Thanks .
Going tomorrow . Spoke to dealers today , thought we better reserve them . But could only do one and found out the F56 had been sold . Will see what else they have in .

badwolf340
22nd May 2021, 06:59 AM
Thanks .
Going tomorrow . Spoke to dealers today , thought we better reserve them . But could only do one and found out the F56 had been sold . Will see what else they have in .
There will be another that suits you :thumbs up:

Crombers
22nd May 2021, 07:55 AM
My better half has an F55 SD. We needed 5 doors & when this one popped up it had all the bits we needed. Sports button, LED's & full leather. We also wanted something that could easily breeze down south to see family, with another eye on long term ownership (i.e. I want it next). The diesel has plenty grunt/torque & is a hoot to drive. £30 road tax & impressive mpg, what's not to like :thumbs up:

MiniInd
22nd May 2021, 09:11 PM
Well . The wife liked the F55 sd ( it will be her daily ) . She said she would take mine if she wanted some fun . A very nice new F55 cooper with JCW pack in the showroom but way to much for us at the mo . So collect the F55 next weekend . Hopefully changing all the chrome to black .

badwolf340
23rd May 2021, 06:24 AM
Well . The wife liked the F55 sd ( it will be her daily ) . She said she would take mine if she wanted some fun . A very nice new F55 cooper with JCW pack in the showroom but way to much for us at the mo . So collect the F55 next weekend . Hopefully changing all the chrome to black .
Great news get some pictures up when you get it

MINI William
23rd May 2021, 07:37 AM
Great news. Remember and post some pictures when you collect it

Crombers
23rd May 2021, 03:16 PM

I'd reckon she'll have all the fun she needs in the SD tbh :thumbs up:

MiniInd
23rd May 2021, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the input . Will add photos after collection . :thumbs up:

MiniInd
30th May 2021, 08:23 PM
Hi All.......please allow us to introduce the new addition to our MINI family... collected yesterday we are so pleased :thumbs up: :D 8844 8845 8846 8847

MINI William
30th May 2021, 08:27 PM
Car looks great, hopefully see it on an upcoming run.

Stevie-c
30th May 2021, 09:56 PM
Lovely car, I’m trying to work out if it’s the same colour as mine as I’ve not seen another on the road yet..... Emerald Grey ?

:clap::lol:

MiniInd
31st May 2021, 05:31 PM
Thanks we are pleased with it. Hoping to get to the run on 20th June :D

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely car, I’m trying to work out if it’s the same colour as mine as I’ve not seen another on the road yet..... Emerald Grey ?

:clap::lol:

Hi, Thanks! No its Moonwalk Grey...we have to say we have not seen many emerald grey either, love that colour though :D