PDA

View Full Version : 'New' car query

Borvad
17th May 2021, 07:38 PM
I'm looking at the possibility of trading-in current car to a 2017 Mini, with the JCW styling I'm after rather than sourcing all the parts for my current one.

Just had a call from a dealer who I've emailed about a car I've seen online.

She said no paperwork and no service history ...which has set my alarm bells ringing .....BUT.............I did ask her knowing from having had Mini's before that any service history, although not included in a service book, would be reigistered on the cars readout/digital display. Her response is that she will check for that tomorrow and get back in contact with me.

Am I right............I'm thinking a 2017 would actually have had a service by now, or is she talking out her rear????? lol

goggs
17th May 2021, 08:04 PM
I had an ref F56 JCW and it was in for a service which included fluids at 18 months old (under 5k mikes) so I’d say it should have had a couple of services by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borvad
17th May 2021, 08:27 PM
Cheers guys .........yeah not taking her at her word as just assume she wasnt that clued up...........she also said they buy their cars in bulk and the one I've got my eye on only came with one key ......as much as a kicker as that would be, I wouldnt think that would be much of a deal breaker if everything else, and the 'numbers added up'?

MINI William
17th May 2021, 08:30 PM
I’d imagine that it will have had a service over the past 4 years and should either have had a second or it’ll be due shortly. I wouldn’t be to keen on getting a car with only 1 key. What spec is it your looking for David? Seems that none of the cars your getting are really working for you. Maybe you should hold out until you get the right car or even see if it’s just as cheap to order a new car to your specific spec.

Borvad
17th May 2021, 08:33 PM
I’d imagine that it will have had a service over the past 4 years and should either have had a second or it’ll be due shortly. What spec is it your looking for David? Seems that none of the cars your getting are really working for you. Maybe you should hold out until you get the right car or even see if it’s just as cheap to order a new car to your specific spec.

JCW styling mostly at moment, dont get me wrong I like my current car but just looking at options, so I'm prepared to walk away easily if doesnt all work out .........ordering a new car is gonna be upward of £25k!

MINI William
17th May 2021, 08:51 PM
JCW styling mostly at moment, dont get me wrong I like my current car but just looking at options, so I'm prepared to walk away easily if doesnt all work out .........ordering a new car is gonna be upward of £25k!

If it’s just the JCW aero kit your after there should be loads of cars out there to take your fancy.

Borvad
18th May 2021, 01:11 PM
'Walked away'..........she called today and claimed couldnt guarantee the service history :ragin:

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s just the JCW aero kit your after there should be loads of cars out there to take your fancy.

Meant to say JCW kit AND the sat-nav radio, with steering wheel controls IF I was gonna consider it

MINI William
18th May 2021, 01:33 PM
'Walked away'..........she called today and claimed couldnt guarantee the service history :ragin:

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to say JCW kit AND the sat-nav radio, with steering wheel controls IF I was gonna consider it

A wise decision id say

badwolf340
18th May 2021, 08:14 PM
Plenty of other cars out there