PDA

View Full Version : Not much to discuss, but I'm excited anyway!!

yogibearish
14th May 2021, 10:18 AM
I'm sure nobody really cares, but I'm excited so I'm posting anyway!

I bought my R55 Clubman Cooper S to be a daily runner with the capability for a bit of fun thrown in when required but, thanks to COVID, I got made redundant and have come back home to Scotland and to a job with a works van. This means that the Clubman has now become a second car (aka toy) and has unlocked my comfort level for some further tuning without worrying too much about reliability/service intervals etc. I did toy for a wee while about chopping it in for an R56 JCW but I'm always nervous about buying a new car, so thought better the devil you know in this instance.

I've already upgraded the brakes to EBC including yellowstuff pads, put an ITG panel filter on and replaced the plugs with iridium ones, plus she is now booked in for some very exciting work at B & M Centre including fitting the Milltek decat pipe
and Airtec intercooler that have been patiently waiting for me to get off my arse and do (hasn't happened) and a stage II remap :motoring: plus a service, which includes a carbon clean - the jury's out for that one for me, but it's included in the service price apparently. If there is still a discount with B & M through the forum now would be the time to know!!!

Booked in for the works on the 31st May and I can't wait for the drive home!

MINI William
14th May 2021, 11:49 AM
Sounds very exciting indeed, I don’t blame you for being excited. We all like to share a bit of a good news MINI story. Pleased that your new job allows your Clubman to become a toy, the Clubman is a great platform as I’m sure you already know. Keep us posted on how things progress with the car.

The 10% off remaps is still a NMS discount, just let Douglas or one of the boys know that your a NMS member.

stuBB
14th May 2021, 03:17 PM
Sounds ace... I'm booked into B + M on 31st as well (that's what bank holidays are for, eh!) - so might bump into you.... G

badwolf340
14th May 2021, 07:15 PM
R55’s are cool :thumbs up:

yogibearish
7th June 2021, 09:21 AM
OK so if anyone is wondering where the update is, there was a slight change of plan insofar as that I was gently reminded by the wife that we were booked in to go away over the bank holiday weekend - seems I was a bit over keen!

However, the car is in with the guys at B&M as we speak, so I am waiting with baited breath to be able to pick the car up, although I may not be able to make the run to Glasgow (from Crieff) until later in the week :stamp:

Can't wait to see the difference and will keep you all posted.

Still hopeful for the run out later in the month but can't commit just yet as work is ever changing at the minute as I'm sure many will sympathise with!

MINI William
7th June 2021, 11:45 AM
Sounds good. I’m at B&am on Friday dropping the GP and the JCW off to get Coilovers fitted, might bump into you.