PDA

View Full Version : Viewing a 2016 F56 Cooper S

mininuts
13th May 2021, 11:04 PM
Hi
I’m viewing a Pepper White 2016 Cooper S tomorrow. 18.000 miles only with the JCW Pro pack.
Any pointers on bad points to look for visually and while test driving.
MOT history is good with no fails and only one advisory for low tread on front tyres.
I’m new to new MiNIS so, any info would be greatly appreciated.

It’s up at £11.800 which doesn’t seem too bad a price?

Many thanks

badwolf340
14th May 2021, 05:55 AM
The service history should be ok ,make sure it drives ok and no warning lights on and check that the horn push works (a few have failed) just make sure the JCW kit is in good nick

MINI William
14th May 2021, 06:41 AM
Doesn’t sound a bad car Paul, some F56’s have had an issue with horns not working other than that they are fairly bulletproof. Make sure that the JCW Tuning kit certificate is there, these do sometimes get misplaced but there should also be a engine plaque and you’ll see the controller for the exhaust.

Track Ali
14th May 2021, 08:35 AM
Only other things I can think of are that early F-series cars had issues with the door seals rubbing on the bodywork (although most cars have since had it fixed and some had a clear vinyl patch installed. Just check above the latch when you open the door.

Also, the early F-series cars also had a recall for the driveshaft. I'd assume it's already been covered but worth checking just in case.

Other than that, it's just the usual things to look out for. I'd say the F-series is the most solid of the modern MINI generations with no real known issues or mechanical weaknesses.

mininuts
14th May 2021, 08:58 AM
Thank you folks, much appreciated.
Will let you know how we get on :thumbs up: