PDA

View Full Version : I just got a call...

Big Col
5th November 2004, 04:35 AM
from some guy at mini customer services asking if I had asked Menzies BMW for something. I said "Erm...I've asked the sales guy for some stuff but he's answered me. What were you referring to?" the guy said "ehhh...ok I'll chase that up for you Mr. Wilson" and then hung up. ??? <looks confused>

Smurf
5th November 2004, 04:59 PM
I got a call like that too, a while back. I'd e-mailed the dealer a question, waited AGES for an answer, given up, phoned them, not got an answer, customer services phoned to see if I was happy with the service, when I said NO, they said the same - we'll chase that up for you and hung up!!

<confused too!>

Mini Me
5th November 2004, 05:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

from some guy at mini customer services asking if I had asked Menzies BMW for something. I said "Erm...I've asked the sales guy for some stuff but he's answered me. What were you referring to?" the guy said "ehhh...ok I'll chase that up for you Mr. Wilson" and then hung up. ??? <looks confused>
if you e-mail a dealer through the web site,we have 24 hrs to call you back,or we're in bother:blackeye:

Big Col
5th November 2004, 06:41 PM
Well...I've never emailed Menzies through the site since the first time I bought a mini I don't think so you might be in bother. :)

Smurf
5th November 2004, 09:54 PM
It wasn't Menzies I was trying to get in touch with.... that time.....

Mini Me
5th November 2004, 10:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

It wasn't Menzies I was trying to get in touch with.... that time.....
what can i say, it's supposed to pick up your nearest post code.....:eek:
And why not Menzies ,Smurf:question::question::question::disapprove:

The Dogfather
5th November 2004, 10:20 PM
She must have heard that the salesman is a bit pushy and wanted to go elsewhere :p

Julz
5th November 2004, 10:22 PM
But if he was a really nice salesman he might pop on over to the mini2 charity thread in general discussion and prove that he is the mostest bestest salesman in the world, ever!;)

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 10:54 PM
Don't hold your breath ;) :p:D:approve:

Mini Me
6th November 2004, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Don't hold your breath ;) :p:D:approve:
Death to Bad Dog and Big G .........long live Minime:mad::mad:
Back me up Col;)

Julz
6th November 2004, 01:21 AM
You're not charitable enough to deserve someone like Big C backing you up!!;):p

Mini Me
6th November 2004, 01:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

You're not charitable enough to deserve someone like Big C backing you up!!;):p
I have just donated,you look and see:D:D

Smurf
6th November 2004, 02:03 AM
Trust me Minime - it will be Menzies when I come to change my MINI for a nice new shiny one.

You can't be any worse than my current dealer! :D (Although their sales team were nice - it's the servicing which has let them down BADLY....)

<flutters eyelashes in the hope of getting some freebies.....> :p

Mini Me
6th November 2004, 02:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Trust me Minime - it will be Menzies when I come to change my MINI for a nice new shiny one.

You can't be any worse than my current dealer! :D (Although their sales team were nice - it's the servicing which has let them down BADLY....)

<flutters eyelashes in the hope of getting some freebies.....> :p
Good to hear,just ask for the good looking one......
you know what, i can hear Col's comment coming already<he awaits patiently>:D

Big Col
7th November 2004, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
Good to hear,just ask for the good looking one...... you know what, i can hear Col's comment coming already<he awaits patiently>:D

Okily dokily. It seems the I man has been getting a bit of stick in this thread. Now I have to take the following into consideration:

1)He's getting me my 'S in January.:cool:
2)He's getting me my 'S in January.:cool::cool: (I know that's the same point but it's such a big one it was worth mentioning twice!)
3)He's got Menzies to fork out for a really excellent donation for Julz's Charity thread.:approve:

On the basis of all of this I feel obliged to say that Iain is fully deserving of my back up Julz, Big G and bad dog should shurrup as the donation should have silenced them and Smurf if you ask for the handsome one they'll put you straight through to the studly Iain.:D:cool::D

However...I also have to consider the following:

1)I'm the resident heckler
2)He left me with James the last time and he's not quite made up for that yet so...

If you ask for the good looking one you'll either totally baffle the person that operates the telephone or, as I got when I asked for the good looking one, you'll get a "You're speaking to her" from whoever the funny chick was that answered the phone. :) Just ask for the older one in the MINI sales and you'll get Iain. ;)

Edit:- After all theat instruction by Big C for Iain, I now have to repair his quote marks ;)

Big Col
7th November 2004, 08:05 PM
:I

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 10:59 PM
Nae luck C:p
BS busted you good.....

Edit:- Usual quote problems :evil:;):D

sleepyrascal
8th November 2004, 09:13 AM
Yup, I contacted JC thrugh the website.... which only allows you 20 words or something stupid like that, and JC replied in email and then called me. GREAT! Then I got a call from 'mini care' asking if JC had replied and sorted me out. I said "yes", he said "oh, eh, ok then.... bye"!