PDA

View Full Version : R56 SD Remap

Kettlepot
25th January 2021, 09:44 PM
I am contemplating remapping my R56 SD but cannot decide where to go. With social media being what it is there are bad reviews all over the place and against nearly every company. Each of which are making me nervous of remapping my pride and joy. I know with keeping the dpf in place the power is pretty much limited and should be kept in the “safe zone”
Any advice/ experiences welcome ?

MINI William
25th January 2021, 10:17 PM
The SD is a great platform to map and there is a fair amount of torque to be had. There’s loads of companies now offering remapping services but as you’ve said there are that many bad reviews it’s hard to decide where to take your car and part with your cash.

The last car I had remapped was my R56 GP and took it down to Wolverhampton to PTorque. There’s a lot of mixed reviews about DervTec again based down south. There’s no one north of the border I’ve had any dealings with remapping.

Kettlepot
25th January 2021, 10:43 PM
PTorque, that’s a name I hadn’t heard for a while, I’ll throw their name in the mix. The torque is immense as standard but I’ve heard good things about when they are mapped.

Camshaft
3rd February 2022, 01:42 PM
Remap in Aberdeen did a really good job for me with my 2014 cooper diesel hatch. I'll be going back to them with my All 4 cooper countryman when I finish the engine rebuild.