PDA

View Full Version : Mini fault code.

pete
13th December 2020, 01:14 PM
I managed to get a cheap mini for my daughter. For her first car. When I went to view the car stupidly I know. I bought on sight. As battery was flat. It wouldn’t start. But seller said he could drop off at my home. Yea I know silly and stupid of me. But was cheap. Anyways. I e charged battery. Which was dead so ended up buying a new one. Put it on. And nothing. Key locks unlocks car. Radio etc comes on. But a red car on ramp comes up on screen. And a fault code. Cc I’d. 718.
There is no ignition lights nothing on dash And doesn’t start at all. Nothing. Except. Radio on. Small screen u dear rev counter. With red car on ramp. And fault code.
Anyone any idea what is fault code for ? Or any idea what’s up with it. ? Nothing happens when I press clutch. Or break pedal when I press start button. It’s a 2010 cooper.

matsarm
13th December 2020, 06:41 PM
My first port of call would be to disconnect the battery again and then reconnect it making sure it is 100% connected properly. Sounds like something electrical imo... does your car have an IBS sensor attached to the negative terminal of the battery?

pete
13th December 2020, 06:44 PM
Hi. Thanks for reply. But no idea what a ibs. Sensor is

matsarm
13th December 2020, 06:50 PM
It's a sensor that monitors the battery - looks like a little metal rectangle with a plug directly attached the the negative terminal of the battery... Quite a common fault on BMWs/MINIs of that age. I'd say your best bet now is to get the car read for fault codes to know for sure.

pete
13th December 2020, 07:27 PM
Once I use the stalk. To read menus etc. It comes up. Cc-I’d 718. Under the mini on red ramp.

pete
13th December 2020, 07:55 PM
Just went out to look at car. No it doesn’t have a ibs on the earth terminal.

pete
13th December 2020, 08:25 PM
No didn’t try that. I’ll try in morning. Wife nagging me. And it’s chucking it down lol.
But would battery lights etc. On dash still come on? There isn’t anything on centre clock face. Except radio that’s working but no oil light or engine light etc

pete
13th December 2020, 08:43 PM
Will try tomorrow. And post on here. Whatever happens

pete
14th December 2020, 08:32 PM
ok tried steering wheel. nothing. so went and got a friends diagnostic machine, come uo with a load of faults. called my friend. he said be because of battery low etc. so cleared all faults and re set car unit. and two faults would not erase. car will still not start, and for some reason window wiper stalk won't switch off wipers,
its fault code a3b2. message error {terminal status 0x130}receiver instrument panel,transmiter cas

also a3a9. message {steering column switch signal, 0x1ee} faulty receiver kombi transmitter szl.

anyone had this?

pete
16th December 2020, 10:24 PM
How did people fix that?

pete
17th December 2020, 11:38 AM
True. I found one that says. Steering switch poss faulty. Which would explain window wipers not switching off.

MINI William
18th December 2020, 12:52 PM
Does it look like the original battery? Depending on age replacement batteries need to be coded to the car.

pete
18th December 2020, 03:33 PM
Hi. It’s not coded on this model.

pete
23rd December 2020, 09:29 PM
Anyone know someone who can code keys on the mini. Obviously need to be mobile and in Livingston area. As car doesn’t start lol. Had the orange key with the line through it on dash. Been told it’s immobilised as key lost code??

JOHN MILNE
23rd December 2020, 10:16 PM
In my work we use a mobile key company they are ,KG keys

pete
16th January 2021, 02:38 PM
Just tried kg keys. Said they don’t do mini keys. Go to dealers they said.
Gotta be someone. Except dealers. As they will charge a fortune. Lol.
Anyone know of any good places than can check my footwell module. And cas etc. To make sure all good. ?

MINI William
16th January 2021, 10:35 PM
Douglas & his team at B&M Centre can do new keys for you that I think I said in one of your other posts, other than that I don’t know anyone who could programme a new key for you.

pete
17th January 2021, 10:37 AM
Perfect thanks for that. Call them on Monday. Appreciated

pete
14th February 2021, 11:49 AM
Ok found the fault. Now as the car won’t start and basically can’t be moved. Is there anyone mobile that can re sync. The cas module to the Ecu. Have had footwell module checked. And all good. Cas module checked and all good.
Got another set of Ecu ,cas,footwell and key. To try see if it made any difference. And yup. Car spun over but didn’t start. But all clocks etc fuel pump everything worked. So. Need someone who can re sync the Ecu to the cas module (only got loan of stuff to try and was from different model etc so can’t keep stuff ) but at least I know what’s up with it. So looking for someone mobile who can code them back together. As was told needs to be in car for diagnostic socket to be used.

MINI William
14th February 2021, 12:23 PM
Not something I’ve heard of being done by a mobile mechanic

JOHN MILNE
14th February 2021, 05:27 PM
Try hynds auto electrics we use him at work for all our vehicle diagnostics

pete
17th February 2021, 10:14 PM
Got someone coming At weekend. To code them. Was going to buy software from eBay. But not got windows pc lol.

pete
24th February 2021, 06:27 PM
Car now works. Thanks to. Pixels fixed.

badwolf340
24th February 2021, 08:50 PM
Car now works. Thanks to. Pixels fixed.
Good news :thumbs up:

pete
25th February 2021, 11:45 AM
Yup at last. Fault fixed. Typical electrics lol.

MINI William
25th February 2021, 02:01 PM
Brilliant news

pete
25th February 2021, 06:49 PM
Thanks all. Turned ou was the cas module out of sync. So if anyone gets same faults. That’s what it is.