PDA

View Full Version : Road Angel

Sheilz
4th November 2004, 07:15 AM
Can anyone tell me what i should set the mapping baudrate at on my road angel. I haven't a clue what this is for but have the choice of 4800, 9600 or 19200.

Scottie
4th November 2004, 08:21 AM
I take it you mean when you are downloading the information from the internet through your computer.

I would set at 9600 or if you have broadband try 19200.

Is it road angel 2

Sheilz
4th November 2004, 08:36 AM
I do have broadband so will give this a try. Thanks

Sheilz
4th November 2004, 08:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I take it you mean when you are downloading the information from the internet through your computer.

I would set at 9600 or if you have broadband try 19200.

Is it road angel 2

sorry, it is an RA2. Hadn't a clue what the baudrate was for.

sleepyrascal
4th November 2004, 09:53 AM
I thought you were a good speed law abiding driver Sheilz. I have an angel because i'm not unfortunately!

Sheilz
4th November 2004, 06:10 PM
I am I am. I bought it for the schools alert!:D:D

minidriver#1
5th November 2004, 12:31 AM
Road Angel 2, is it subscription based? and if the sub runs out can u still use it with the last update?

sleepyrascal
5th November 2004, 12:39 AM
Pretty sure you can still use ra 2 after sub is finished. You just wont be able to update. However, if you pay £100, you get a lifetime subscription, compared to £75 per year. BARGONAY!!!

Sheilz
5th November 2004, 02:36 AM
sleepyrascal is right. You only get free updates for six months. A bit mean I think.

minidriver#1
5th November 2004, 02:42 AM
hmmm. and how much is Road Angel 2? is it better than the others?

Sheilz
5th November 2004, 08:53 AM
I'm very happy with mine. There are quite a few options on it that can be customised to suit your own needs. The school alert zones aren't available yet but ought to be within the next 5-6 weeks. I haven't experienced any false alerts with it. I tend to do the same journeys on a frequent basis and know where all the speed cameras are but even so its useful for reminding me to slow down especially in time for the Bridge of Dee coz by the time I get there I'm on automatic pilot and it would be too easy to reach it at a catchable speed. Its brilliant for being on roads I dont know since it gives you all the blackspots and congestion zones as well. It was quite expensive, £400 give or take a penny or two but I reckon its probably saved me a lot more!

sleepyrascal
5th November 2004, 10:13 AM
It is a great wee toy. It alerts you of ALL fixed cameras from as far away as you could possibly want. Variable. Also, it doesn't pick up daft non speed related radar unlike cheaper versions! In addition, it displays your exact speed digitally which is brilliant. I never look at my cars actual spedometer anymore. The mini speedo is offset and hard to read acurately anyway, especially around town where the bobbies can now charge you for doing 31 mph if they are bored enough!! I bought mine from a seller on ebay for £160 with 8 months remaining on the subscription. You should look there first before buying new. I was really happy with mine, almost brand new and it looks unused. The chap I bought it from had it installed in his cooper S.