PDA

View Full Version : Radio Controlled Mini's

Pages : [1] 2 3

Big Gordy
3rd November 2004, 09:56 PM
Following on from my post in the 'Xmas pressie for Baz's mum' thread I thought I would start a new topic covering it.
As I stated, I would be more than happy to build and paint an r/c mini for anyone who felt they were not up to the challenge :D
Some thing's I should maybe point out first though :I
By far the best detailed body is from Tamiya in Japan.The only down side is that they only do a body that can be made up as a 'one' or a 'cooper' as far as I can see.
Wheels :p so far it's only the 16" 5 spoke star type alloys that are available. No S lites as yet :(
To get a better idea of what it could look like go to www.tamiya.com and click on the online catalog on the left hand side. Then r/c models. Then models mini catalog (on the right next to the mini picture ;))
Most colours can be reproduce ie red,yellow,green,dark blue. IB and PW could be a bit tricky but there are a few options that are pretty close.
Just a few pointers :D I'll probable think of more later :p:D:approve:

Big Col
3rd November 2004, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

so far it's only the 16" 5 spoke star type alloys that are available.

Ewww ewww ewww ewww ewww! :dead:

Note : Apologies to anyone that has them. I just HATE those wheels.

Gismo
3rd November 2004, 10:35 PM
No Cooper S :(

Big Gordy
3rd November 2004, 10:49 PM
Not that I've found yet anyway BS :blackeye: I don't think they would bring out a new shell for the 'S' anyway :( Tamiya would just supply a sticker that looked like the scoop :D I think it could be done ;)
I've just noticed your avitar and I think you can get wheels that are very similar to yours in white or silver.
You can also get dummy disc brakes that fit behind the wheels that are very cooooooooooooooool :approve:
Had a look at lunchtime on one of my prefered HK sites and the car comes in at about £67 including postage. On top of this you would need a transmitter (2nd hand £10), receiver(new £10), electronic speed controller (new £20)and a servo (new £8). Paint is about £4 a tin.
More to follow - probably :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
3rd November 2004, 10:50 PM
Keep us posted Gordy - would be tempted to get one

Nenah
4th November 2004, 12:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Keep us posted Gordy - would be tempted to get one

Me too - this would make a great present for Jai (who I dont let drive my car so this is the next best thing!! and also my dad. :)

Big Gordy
4th November 2004, 12:33 AM
Oooooooooooo I can see a lucrative business opertunity arrising here :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
4th November 2004, 12:39 AM

Oooooooooooo I can see a lucrative business opertunity arrising here :p:D:approve:

Definitely - can you get them all done by Xmas though ;)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcitem/kit/img/58295.jpeg

Big Gordy
4th November 2004, 01:30 AM
Yeh provided you get them to me quick enough ;)
Ross and I have got it down to fine art :approve: Our record build time is 4 hours from start to finish. Took about another hour to wash, dry, mask and paint the body shell (as long as its not too damp/cold)
Oooops forgot to include batteries and a charger to the costs involved :I
We have some batteries that are not up to the demands of racing and could be had for a small sum ;)
How many of you are actually serious about this :question:
Just checking as loads of people said they would come to the karting but when asked for money they all disappeared like snow of a dyke :evil: :p:D:approve:

Wul
4th November 2004, 01:47 AM
And I get flamed for talking about poilsh!! :I;)

Hey Gordy - how good are these models - ie are they quicker than a carppy pre-built one etc?

Big Gordy
4th November 2004, 01:54 AM
On the whole yes 8) but it depends who makes them.
Tamiya and HPI make RTR (ready to run) models that are good but you obviously pay a premium when the manufacturer builds them for you and you don't have a choice of what stuff goes in it.
In the end it's like everything - the more money you spend the better/faster the car is.
Check out Ross' home page on www.tamiyaclub.com (Maxxed Ross)
It will give you some idea of what can be done :p:D:approve:

Scottch
4th November 2004, 06:49 AM
Guys,

Providing you're not looking for a precision scale model - maplins are selling an RC mini twin pack for £20.

One red and one blue, chromed wheels, controllers included, not sure about batteries. They're on different frequencies so you can race em against each other - and for £20 I'm sure you won't mind too much if you roll/smash/break them.

Of course they won't be up to the quality of Tamiya, but for £20 I don't think you could knock them - we'll be buying a set for as stocking fillers for our satan spawn this xmas.

Cheers!

Scott

Maxxed Ross
5th November 2004, 04:30 AM
Hi people,

within reason and resources I could reproduce most cars close to the real thing.

If you're still lost as to how good these little cars can look then check out some of these Tamiya minis....

Ross

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img48_09112002134145_5.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img48_21112002175003_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img692_10012003232901_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img107_12042004142916_3.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img251_30102002002919_1.jpg

Big Col
5th November 2004, 04:37 AM
Stewart enterprises dials it up a notch. lol. :)

Hey Ross. Want to buy a MINI? Yellow, black roof, one careful owner. ;)

Maxxed Ross
5th November 2004, 04:39 AM
Come back in a few months when I've got some cash...i'm a poor student after all! :D

That and I've no licence yet.... :mad:

Big Col
5th November 2004, 04:42 AM
Well if you get a liscence before whenever it is Iain get's me my 'S then you're on to a winner. It's a bargin! :)

Maxxed Ross
5th November 2004, 04:48 AM
ooooo dunno ;)

much as I'd like one though.....hmmm I wonder....

my dad will string me up for even thinking about this :D

Big Col
5th November 2004, 04:59 AM
Naaaaaaaah he wont. He said to me just the other day "You know Big C. I think Ross should buy your car off you!" :D

I think it's more your mother you've got to worry about mate. ;)

Maxxed Ross
5th November 2004, 05:05 AM
I'm sure he did :p

But it's not much use if i can't drive is it! :D

I dunno I'll get back to you on that one (after I give you a seeing too for hi-jacking the tread! :D)

Back on topic what do you all think?

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 05:23 AM
How many of you are actually serious about this :question:
Just checking as loads of people said they would come to the karting but when asked for money they all disappeared like snow of a dyke :evil: :p:D:approve:

I would be seriously interested but probably not till after Xmas - so let everyone else get there orders in first.

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 05:50 PM
Ok folks:D Ross and I will check out costings at the weekend :approve:
We might be able to source some of the electrics second hand at the club tonight to try and keep costs down ;)
We'll post our finding on the forum as soon as we have a ballpark figure of how much it's all liable to cost :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 05:56 PM
We'll post our finding on the forum as soon as we have a ballpark figure of how much it's all liable to cost :p:D:approve:

Cheers Gordy

Wul
5th November 2004, 06:13 PM
Well done Big G and Maxxed Headroom Ross!

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 06:19 PM
How about we all chip in for one, get Big G and Maxxed Ross to do a great paint job on it and then auction it on ebay to raise money for Julz's charity, especially if the guys can get a good deal on parts to keep the price down?????

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:31 PM
Jings:eek:that's not too shabby an idea ;) I take it there would be no rush for Julz's one :question: we could do it blue with a saltire roof with some 'bling:cool:' wheels :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 06:36 PM

Jings:eek:that's not too shabby an idea

I have mentioned it in Julz's charity thread to see what she thinks - the other option is to auction it at the Ball, and you produce one that matches the highest bidders car

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:41 PM
I think that would be trickier to do as it would require a lot of correspondance with whoever one 8) and it would need to be posted to them which would add to the costs. It's not beyond the relms of possibility though :approve: I will go with the masses if that's what they decide :p:D:approve:

Wul
5th November 2004, 06:42 PM

we could do it blue with a saltire roof

Sounds nice Big G but our southern friends perhaps would prefer a union jack :dead:

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry :I I don't do union jacks ;) Very difficult to mask off and spray :evil: Which means it's easy for me to make an complete ar*e of it in other words:dead: We want to make it as simple a paint job as possible thanks :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
5th November 2004, 06:48 PM
I wonder if John at Apex would be able to make us some mini MINI logos to use on the bodyshell, that would be cool - especially a newminiscotland sticker :)

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 06:57 PM
I seem to be answering the same questions on two threads :blackeye:;) See charity thread for answers :p:D:approve:

Julz
5th November 2004, 07:32 PM
Can you guys do a 911 (964) just like Robs and paint it purple?? I would be VERY interested if you could do that!!:D

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 08:06 PM
For you Julz anything is possible :) Yes 911 are very popular. Purple - no problemo :D Flip or metalic :question: Ross has an R34 done in a very fetching purple. I'll get him to link the picture to here :D
Tamiya have just released the new carrera gt - lovely jubbly :p:D:approve:
I hope you're not all wanting these for Santa :eek: or I could be in trouble with her indoors :blackeye: <sorry dear too busy building r/c cars for NMS :p>

Maxxed Ross
5th November 2004, 09:28 PM
some pics of the Skyline as requested :D

The pictures really don't do the car justice but it'll give you all a rough idea.

I'll be bringing some of my kit to the go-karting meet so anyone whos interested can have a wee peak at the real deal then ;)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_15042004225551_2.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_15042004225551_3.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_15042004225551_4.jpg

Julz
5th November 2004, 10:30 PM
WOW!! That is an absolute stunner of a car!! If you could come up with an ickle version of one of this (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/25171.jpg) then I'll say yes now (and beg your wife/mum (eek!!:eek:) to let you have it all pretty for me for santa!!);):D

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 10:53 PM
I'm on the case Julz :approve: I'll get back to you ;)
Would you prefer the whole car to be brand new :question: or would a second hand (but good) chassis do with a spanking new shell (if I can find one) This only applies to Julz folks as the porker has a longer wheelbase than the mini :p:D:approve:

Julz
5th November 2004, 11:36 PM
I think he could cope with a second hand chassis!! Go for it!! He'll be fair chuffed! A couple of years ago I bought him a Duratrax Axis 1/8 4wd petrol car, fantastic wee machine!!:D

Big Gordy
5th November 2004, 11:54 PM
OK Julz I'll see what's available second hand at the club tonight :D
Won't do anything without OKing it with you first. I'll check my sources for a 911 body :p:D:approve:

Julz
5th November 2004, 11:59 PM
Excellent!! This could be quite exciting, what a fab chrissie prezzie this could make!!:p:D

broken_brian
6th November 2004, 12:20 AM
oooooh the skyline looks well cool looks nicer than my one as well not fair :(
but then again my one is the old calsonic one

ps big g do you know where i could get an alfa 155 bodyshell for a
TL-04 chassis

Big Gordy
6th November 2004, 12:26 AM
Try
cmldistribution
hpi
tamiya
protoform
They all have bodyshells that fit any 1/10 chassis (190/200mm) Just lay the clear shell over the chassis, mark where the posts are and drill 4 6mm holes and bobs yer grannie :p:D:approve:

Wul
6th November 2004, 12:28 AM
That skyline could do with a dose of meguiars on it! :p

Big Gordy
6th November 2004, 12:43 AM
And you don't need to use the two bucket wash mit pulava either as it fits in one bucket :p
Right people if you want a good picture of what it will look like (apart from the colour) go to
www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro_car.htm
and scroll down to you get to the red cooper.
BS looks like it has the sticker for the bonnet scoop too :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
6th November 2004, 12:59 AM
www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro_car.htm
and scroll down to you get to the red cooper.
BS looks like it has the sticker for the bonnet scoop too :p:D:approve:

Bonnet scoop pic looks cool - thats the shell I want for mine :p

Wul
6th November 2004, 01:07 AM
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/images/pl3142.jpg

That looks th emutts nutts! :cool:

Big Gordy
7th November 2004, 01:30 AM
That's the very one I was trying to show BS:D
Have been checking out a few shops for the radio gear and Marionville Models at the Gyle will do a deal on a bulk buy;)
All I need to know is how many:question:
So far I think BS,Julz,Wul,Martin and possibly the auction thingy:clown:
soooooooooo just tell me how many ones,coopers and 'S's' are required and I'll take it from there :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
7th November 2004, 02:30 AM
I would love a leccy blue S - but can wait till after xmas if you want to do everyone elses first

Nenah
7th November 2004, 02:31 AM

That's the very one I was trying to show BS:D
Have been checking out a few shops for the radio gear and Marionville Models at the Gyle will do a deal on a bulk buy;)
All I need to know is how many:question:
So far I think BS,Julz,Wul,Martin and possibly the auction thingy:clown:
soooooooooo just tell me how many ones,coopers and 'S's' are required and I'll take it from there :p:D:approve:

I'd be interested in 2 x S's :p- subject to confirmation and acceptance of the cost.

Thanks! :D

knaone
7th November 2004, 06:05 AM
i still have a 190mm Mini cooper S shell waiting to be painted.... never had the heart to do it.... Gordy are you gonna be at the carpet masters to see my next monster shell mwhahahaha and then watch me destroy it!!!

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 05:00 PM
Is that the one at the end of January :question: I think Ross has entered so yeh should be there for the destruction derby :D :p:D:approve:

Wul
8th November 2004, 05:23 PM
A Black S for me gordy - but not sure how well the bonnet scoop sticker will look on black paint! :I

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 05:29 PM
Wul,I think the Pro-Line body that you've shown above actually has the intake bump molded into the bonnet so will look OK IMHO ;) The stickers actually stand out quite well as the body is actually painted on the underside so the paint doesn't peel off when you crash it :p and you will crash it I can assure you ;) :p:D:approve:

Julz
8th November 2004, 06:00 PM
Looks like a definate yes for the charity, feedback from the organisers has been excellent, with a few quite interested in personal purchases! Might need to borrow someones for show on the night as they want to use this in the main auction and the idea of the winner speccing the mini seems to be the best option!!:D

MartinSullivan
8th November 2004, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Looks like a definate yes for the charity, feedback from the organisers has been excellent, with a few quite interested in personal purchases! Might need to borrow someones for show on the night as they want to use this in the main auction and the idea of the winner speccing the mini seems to be the best option!!:D

:) Cool!

If we all chip in 10 or 15 quid it wouldnt take many of us to get enough money together to buy the bits for the charity one. Did you look into a charity donation paypal account Julz?

Is anyone in contact with John at Apex to see if he can do some logos???

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 06:16 PM
That's good news Julz :D but remind me:I when is the auction:question: Best bet would be to wait until the winner tells us what spec they want ie cooper or 's',what colour, wheels etc and buy it then8) Also gives you more time to get the dosh in ;) Just my tuppence worth :p:D:approve:

Big Col
8th November 2004, 06:38 PM
Well personally I'd make sure I had enough money donated to buy one before I said I had one to auction. Just my tuppence worth. :)

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 06:43 PM
That would seem like a good idea to me.

Can you guys do a 911 (964) just like Robs and paint it purple?? I would be VERY interested if you could do that!!:D

Julz I'm on the hunt for one as we speak! :cool:

MartinSullivan
8th November 2004, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Well personally I'd make sure I had enough money donated to buy one before I said I had one to auction. Just my tuppence worth. :)

That was my theory as well - at least if we get the "basic" £150 quid or whatever set aside to cover it - we arent going to be left short at the end

Julz
8th November 2004, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Maxxed Ross
Julz I'm on the hunt for one as we speak! :cool:

Excellent!!:D:D:D:D

As for the car for auction, if we can raise enough money to buy the bits for the car, excellent, any extra will go straight to the charity! If we don't reach the required amount, I will take responsibility and pay the extra!!:approve:

As for a paypal account, I'll try and sort that out at lunchtime!! (once I figure out how to work it to take donations!!:I)

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 07:05 PM
:eek:Remember we'll need to post it to whoever wins as well 8) and it won't be very light:( :p:D:approve:

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 07:07 PM
Julz, check the body section of this site and see what you think of the two Porsches.

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/

They're now exactly right but the headlights can be easily changed to look like the pic you showed earlier. The other bonus it these bodies are cheaper and easy to get hold of.

If thats no good I'll keep looking :D

Julz
8th November 2004, 08:01 PM
Oh bottoms! They're all 996's!! His is the old rusty classic 964! Starting to think this could be harder than I originally thought!! The problems of owning an old car!!:p:D

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Well it's still early days but it looks like the older one will be a big problem. The only one I've found so far was a classic limited ed kit for big £££ :disapprove:

Sorry bit I'll keep trying for you :p

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 08:20 PM
Here's what I've found out so far :D
My local model shop does what it calls an 'r/c deal' on it's kits. This means you get the chassis and all the kit you need to go and have some fun ie radio gear, batteries, charger etc. These are £165:I These unfortunately don't come with a mini body so that's another £20. Then there's paint at £5 a can. As you can see it's mounting up:(
Soooooooooo the bottom line is it's going to be in the region of £190-£200 :eek:
I will negotiate a discount on this you can be sure as at the moment there are 7 people showing an interested (well I did have;)don't know how many still are now they know what its gonna cost;))
Let me know what you think as I know it's a lot of money for a 'toy':p:D:approve:

Julz
8th November 2004, 08:26 PM

Well it's still early days but it looks like the older one will be a big problem. The only one I've found so far was a classic limited ed kit for big £££ :disapprove:

Sorry bit I'll keep trying for you :p

Dare I ask how painful a price this was??:kiss:

Big G, I'm still interested, I knew this wouldn't be cheap as Rob has been into RC cars for faaaaaaaaaar too long (his mummy still keeps all his trophies:I), we're lucky to have Tay Racers just 5 minutes along the road who sell some bits and pieces, but they don't stock Duratrax parts, which is a pain!!:disapprove:

MartinSullivan
8th November 2004, 08:27 PM
I am still interested - and think it would still be viable for the charity event

knaone
8th November 2004, 08:49 PM

Is that the one at the end of January :question: I think Ross has entered so yeh should be there for the destruction derby :D :p:D:approve:

Naa, the one this sunday in Dunfermline.... got me a 12th scale mwhahahaha going to rally that, got my booking in for it confirmed! woo hoo!!

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 09:00 PM
I think he was on about the GP next Feb, I'll be at that but not this one :(

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 09:02 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Davy ;) It's bad enough with 12 1/10th scale cars all over his bedroom not including his 1/14th Aeromax truck and trailer, a monter truck and now a petrol driven piste bully of all things :p:D:approve:

Gismo
8th November 2004, 09:54 PM
Gordy, i'm still in for this, obviously my colours are dark silver and black, black stripes with the wheels you mention, would the driving lights be a pain :question:
Does it come with a decent hi - fi installed ;):cool:

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 10:11 PM
BS - Lights can be fitted if you want but to be honest I'd rather concentrate on getting the cars done first :I We can add the lights later if not a problem ;)
Wonderland in Edinburger can do me 7 Tamiya TT-01 'deals' for £159:)
He also said for that many he would give me a better deal :p We would still need to buy the 's' bodyshell though but hopefully I'll get the paint for free :approve:
How many are still up for this:question: The clock is ticking if some are to be ready for santa delivery :D
So far I have BS, Julz (provided we can get a body ;)), Martin and Wul. Anyone else:question: :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 10:15 PM
Just re-read your post BS and see you meant the spotlights :I
Don't know is the answer :blackeye: I would need to look about the Tamiya sites and see if there were any off another model that would look ok.
But the same applies as you should be able to add them at a later date :D You do realise the spots will be the first things you smash when you first drive it :p:D:approve:

Julz
8th November 2004, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big GordySo far I have BS, Julz (provided we can get a body ;)), Martin and Wul. Anyone else:question: :p:D:approve:

Definate for the charity auction, which isn't until Feb 26th so the spec would be any time after that!!:clown:

Gismo
8th November 2004, 10:44 PM
You do realise the spots will be the first things you smash when you first drive it :p:D:approve:
coughsplutterwheeze Drive it, are you mad :eek:;):D

MartinSullivan
8th November 2004, 10:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

You do realise the spots will be the first things you smash when you first drive it :p:D:approve:

I know he is small - but he aint that small :)

Sorry Bonnie ;)

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 11:08 PM

I know what you mean, by the time these are done they should look really smart :cool:

Big Gordy
8th November 2004, 11:12 PM
It would be a bit of a squeeze for BS to get in but no problem for lnl titter,titter :D<sorry wee man>
If you ain't gonna drive it Bonnie you can save a few bob by not buying any of the electrics:D I didn't realise you wanted a STATIC model :p:D:approve:

Maxxed Ross
8th November 2004, 11:35 PM
Julz, is it something like this you're after:question:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img354_517200330906_1.jpg

If this would do I could try and find one :D but be warned they are rare! ;)

Julz
9th November 2004, 12:06 AM
:(Poo, that's a 993! I can forsee a problem here!!:(

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 12:11 AM
Damit :mad:

This is starting to get silly :p

Gismo
9th November 2004, 12:13 AM
If you ain't gonna drive it Bonnie you can save a few bob by not buying any of the electrics:D
I want the full bifter, i won't drive it, but, it must be fully functional

Julz
9th November 2004, 12:19 AM

Damit :mad:

This is starting to get silly :p

Tell me about it, if only he owned a decent car!!:p

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 12:39 AM
Sorry about this, but it looks like this car doesn't exist in small scale. I can get the newer 911, 911 gt, gt2, gt3, gt4 or probably any other Porsche except this one! :disapprove:

I've put out a "please help me quick!" ad on my website so that might turn up something.....I hope :(

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 01:02 AM
Julz - Can't you get Rob to swap his for one that Ross has, sounds like that might be a cheaper option!!!

Julz
9th November 2004, 01:10 AM

I've put out a "please help me quick!" ad on my website so that might turn up something.....I hope :(

Fingers crossed!! Cheers for this Ross!!;):D

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 06:39 AM
It's no problem at all Julz, the public get what the public want! :D;):p

I'll keep at it and see what I can turn up for you.

For everyone else the wheels are in motion for the mass of mini kits needed and all associated gear, so if you want to add your name to the list best make it soonish! :D:cool:

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 07:13 AM
Forgot to say email me at my address below if you have any questions or need any more pictures :D

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 06:15 PM
Right Julz this is the last thing I can think of

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img354_05102002003122_1.jpg

It'll take a bit of work to get it to look like yours but it's close :blackeye:

What do you think:question:

Wul
9th November 2004, 06:23 PM
Looks pretty close to me anyways if you cut off the spoiler :eek: :)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/25171.jpg

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 06:29 PM
well general concensus at college is that they look the same....ish :p

But it's up to you Julz ;)

Thanks for the input Wul :D

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 06:38 PM
6 million dollar question tho:eek: Can we get one of these :blackeye: and if so how much:question: I've been looking for 2 days now and not seen any:( :p:D:approve:

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 06:42 PM
This one just came up on trade, whole car TA01 but no gear. I've sent him an email to say I'm interested. :p

If it's not good for Julz I might buy it anyway :D

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 06:57 PM
But how do we paint it purple :blackeye: Julz wants it purple <remember the Lambo:eek:I ain't doing all that again:evil:> :p:D:approve:

Big Col
9th November 2004, 07:08 PM
That guy must like his porsche models, and also taking pictures of them in that exact spot!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img354_517200330906_1.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img354_05102002003122_1.jpg

and what happened with the lambo huh huh huh?

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 07:18 PM
quote:what happened with the lambo huh huh huh?

Welllllllllll we painted it orange but it had some kind of reaction and started to peel off :dead:
So we thought it would be easy to take it all off <seeing as it was flaking off anyway:I)
I scrubbed it - NO
I used wet and dry sandpaper - Some came off
I ended up having to use the Dremel :eek: But what a mess it made :blackeye: small flakes of orange pain everywhere:dead: I was popular - NOT :p:D:approve:

Julz
9th November 2004, 07:33 PM
If that's as near as we can get, then I guess it would do! My only concern is the headlights, as the 993 lost a bit of the classic vertical headlight thing!:eek: It's all very technical:evil:!

Do you think making it purple would be a hassle! I would have thought there would have been a 911 or 964 somewhere, they're the classic models! Bet it's because I want one and they're all hiding!!;):D

Julz
9th November 2004, 07:42 PM
More like one of these!! :D:D

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=1

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 08:00 PM
:eek:An original 1976 Tamiya - super rare - will cost a fortune to buy:( Probably in excess of £350 - eeeeeeeek :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
9th November 2004, 08:02 PM
I've just remembered, I had a R/C kit it was a Manta Ray but I fitted a Porsche Body it was the flat nose one with pop up lights.

It was painted purple with black inserts.

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 08:05 PM
There bound to bring out a bodyshell of the 'new' 911 pretty soon and it has the more upright headlights :) We could wait a bit and see. Painting and finishing off the body would only take a few hours so there's no panic just yet ;) :p:D:approve:

Julz
9th November 2004, 08:12 PM

:eek:An original 1976 Tamiya - super rare - will cost a fortune to buy:( Probably in excess of £350 - eeeeeeeek :p:D:approve:

Boooooooo:(

Wul
9th November 2004, 08:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2565&item=5931844758&rd=1 :)

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 08:35 PM
Hmm, that's not too bad for a classic. There's on for trade on my website too so asked him for a price too, but like the big yin said it's probably better waiting for this new one to come out ;)

The guy with the black one has got back to me but some guy in Austrailia beet me to it. Once he hears the postage costs he'll probably fall over! :evil: leaving the way open for me! :D

Here's what happened to the lambo... :disapprove:

Before...:D
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_15042004235505_3.jpg

After...:mad:
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_31122003155719_1.jpg

Julz
9th November 2004, 08:37 PM
Wul, I may just have to give you a big smoochy kiss!! :kiss:

Big G, do you think you could do anything with this or would I be better waiting to see what a 997 body is like??:clown:

Big Col
9th November 2004, 08:38 PM
Smart @rse! ;)

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeh we could do something as I think the early bodies were made of rigid plastic which means you can remove the paint with brake fluid:dead:
It is a smaller scale though at 1/12th.
Its always going to be an 'old' car so don't think it would stand up too well to being used if you know what I mean ;)
It's really up to you Julz what you want to do 8) The new 997 certainly has more upright headlights but its never going to look exactly like Robs unfortunately :(
Is there any other car he lusts over that we could fit instead :question:

Julz
9th November 2004, 09:22 PM
A caterham!:D

He's very taken with the new 997 which is a bonus and thinking about it, I think it would be wiser to go for a newer car seeing as he will use/abuse/crash it!!:eek::D Just as long as it's purple!!;)

Gismo
9th November 2004, 09:23 PM
Is there any other car he lusts over that we could fit instead :question:
My Cooper S :p

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 09:26 PM
Now about a flip purple 'S':question:
Or a chrome 'S':question: One of the guys at the club has a chrome Merc and it looks fab (IMO;) before Ross has a go at me) :p:D:approve:

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 09:54 PM

...before Ross has a go at me :p:D:approve:

No I think it looks cool too, now that might be a good idea for the charity one... :p

Wul
9th November 2004, 09:58 PM
Looking at the lambo after picture i'm now totally convinced my "2-bucket" method of car washing is the future :D - the dangers of jetwashing eh!? :p

Julz - see now you've gone and made big col jealous! :approve:

Maxxed Ross
9th November 2004, 10:00 PM
actualy Wul I tried nailing it to a plank of wood and jetwashing it to get the paint off but I just got soaked :dead::p

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 10:21 PM
OK it had to be brought up sometime :( MONEY :I
I was thinking of going in to Wonderland on the 20th of November for the kits. Does this give everyone who wants one enough time to send Ross a cheque :question:
As it stands at the moment it definately WON'T be more than £185 :blackeye:
It will be less as I plan to negotiate hard :evil:
Things I really need to know are
1)Who wants one/two:question:
2)What colours are they to be:question: body/roof/arches/etc
3)Cooper or 'S' bodyshell:question:
4)Type of wheels:question: (might be an additional cost:disapprove:)remember I can't get 's'lites
Best bet is to send me an email <gstewart1960@hotmail.com> with your spec and your phone number and I'll advise you of a delivery date :D
:p:D:approve:

Burple
9th November 2004, 10:43 PM

A caterham!:D

He's very taken with the new 997 which is a bonus and thinking about it, I think it would be wiser to go for a newer car seeing as he will use/abuse/crash it!!:eek::D Just as long as it's purple!!;)

So is it gonna get yellow shelby stripes?? ;););):D

Big Gordy
9th November 2004, 10:52 PM
We can do yellow stripes:D
Don't make the paint scheme too fancy folks as it takes longer to do and requires more tins of paint :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 12:07 AM
Never fails :evil: Mention MONEY and it goes as quiet as a grave yard at 2 in the morning ;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
10th November 2004, 12:13 AM
Big G - you have mail!

Gismo
10th November 2004, 12:14 AM
Never fails :evil: Mention MONEY and it goes as quiet as a grave yard at 2 in the morning ;) :p:D:approve:
You said to send an e-mail, not reply here :evil:;):) any way, you have e-mail

Maxxed Ross
10th November 2004, 12:20 AM
Forgive him, he's still learning how Hotmail works (and that you need to refresh it to see the new stuff;))

I dunno old farts and technology :D:p:approve:

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 12:29 AM
Watchit spud :evil: I'll old fart you :mad:
yes I know I have mail and I've replied to both of you :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
10th November 2004, 06:49 PM
Gordy, have emailed you!

Big Gordy
10th November 2004, 07:16 PM
I know :D :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 05:34 PM
Julz you have mail :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 09:58 PM
Houston we have a problem :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
The Cooper 'S' body shell we were looking at is no longer in production :(:dead::disapprove:
Seems when it came time for Pro-line to renew there license for the Cooper, BMW asked for 1000% more than the year before so Pro-Line told them to get stuffed :mad: Body shell no more :disapprove:
I can still get the Tamiya body but only in the Cooper :blackeye:
I'll keep looking just in case:I
Sorry :I:blackeye:8)

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 10:12 PM

The Cooper 'S' body shell we were looking at is no longer in production :(:dead::disapprove:

Oh no, is there anyway the cooper shell could be modified or painted to look like an S???

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 10:24 PM
Honest answer:I Don't know :blackeye: Its probably only a sticker in the shape of the intake but I can't be sure. We could make something that would be passable but would you be happy with that:question: I know BS is looking for an exact copy of his mowta:) It's down to you guys if you still want to go ahead with this. It was the guy at the shop that told me about this and asked if I wanted him to get in 7 Tamiya Coopers instead so I need to let him know at some point :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 10:26 PM
We could make something that would be passable but would you be happy with that:question:

Obviously in an ideal world I would like to see an example of what you could do - but I trust ya, so I'll go for it.

Cheque will be in the post this evening

Mart :)

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 10:29 PM
OK Mart but make it £20 less as you don't have to buy the other bodyshell now :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 10:31 PM

OK Mart but make it £20 less as you don't have to buy the other bodyshell now :p:D:approve:

A*se - I have already written it, put it in an envelope and sealed it!!!!!

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Ross has some sticky carbon fibre lookalike stuff:p We could make it with that :p:D:approve:

Gismo
11th November 2004, 11:01 PM
Gordy, does this mean you can make the cooper shell look almost like the S shell now :p at least as good as the other on offer, if so then i'm back in, same colour scheme and wheels if poss, let me know how much :cool:

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 11:12 PM
I think we can get it pretty damb close :approve: but having never seen the shell I won't know for sure until I try it:DIt's up to you buddy;) :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 11:14 PM
Ohh and because it comes with the correct shell it will be £20 less :p:D:approve:

Gismo
11th November 2004, 11:24 PM
Ok, i'm sure you'll do your best, cheque in the post again :D

Big Gordy
11th November 2004, 11:30 PM
Just waiting on Wul to make up his mind now :evil:
still waiting..........
no pressure like ;)

MartinSullivan
11th November 2004, 11:37 PM

Just waiting on Wul to make up his mind now :evil:

Look he has had one good idea today - what more do you want !!!??? :)

Wul
11th November 2004, 11:54 PM
C'mon now guys - i am trying to multi-task here - think up good ideas, while playing with the virtual bar tender :I, while posting on here, while drinking coffee.............oh and occassionally trying to do a bit of work too! ;)

OK-OK - green light go for me gordy - can you check with Mr Wonderland what we discssed is fine?

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 12:10 AM
Right:approve: I've spoken to Mr.Wonderland himself and he's ordering in 6 Tamiya Mini Coopers on the M-03L chassis and 1 TT-01 chassis for Julz Porsche :D
The good news is that he's giving us the Auction one FREEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D:D:D:D
How about that then :approve: RESULT :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
12th November 2004, 12:11 AM
The good news is that he's giving us the Auction one FREEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D:D:D:D
How about that then :approve: RESULT :p:D:approve:

Thats excellent - big round of applause for Mr Wonderland !!! :cool::D:)

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 12:13 AM
Ohh and Wul its OK to go in early and pay for it :D He'll put it aside and I'll collect it the Saturday we go in :p:D:approve:

Gismo
12th November 2004, 12:17 AM
Right:approve: I've spoken to Mr.Wonderland himself and he's ordering in 6 Tamiya Mini Coopers on the M-03L chassis and 1 TT-01 chassis for Julz Porsche :D

And i'm sure that means something to somebody ;)
Excellent result on the free car :)

Bazthemod
12th November 2004, 01:49 AM
I know im probably too late now but how much would it have been for just the body painted etc without motor n stuff, 'static model' i think is the fancy name?? :I My budjet for mum's prezzie doesn't quite stretch to £190 unfortunatly:(

something that could look similar to this
http://www.bazthemod.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/humbug3.gif

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 02:01 AM
Check out Wonderlands website Baz;) They have a lot of die cast stuff in the shop ranging from 1/43 right up to 1/18. Prices range from about £10 to £40. Or you could build your own plastic version :D Revell/Airfix are bound to make one. You would save about £80 if you didnt want the electrics in the r/c one:blackeye: Hope that helps :p:D:approve:

Julz
12th November 2004, 07:35 PM
GORDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lookie lookie!!! (http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-cars-planes/38/index.htm)

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 08:34 PM
Yeh I saw that one earlier and got all excited until I saw the price and the fact that it's
TOO BIG:evil:
Not to fear;)we're still looking:D

Julz
12th November 2004, 08:49 PM
I want I want I want I want I want!!! It's perfect, the right model and everything!! Would be better purple though!!;) I don't mind the extra cost cause it's petrol, this could be a very good option!! Me like very much!!:D:D:D:D Is this me being a pain in the bahumpy??:eek::blackeye::p

Big Col
12th November 2004, 08:52 PM
OF COURSE IT IS!!! Burds man! Oh...sorry...she was probably asking you G. :)

Nenah
12th November 2004, 08:59 PM

Yeh I saw that one earlier and got all excited until I saw the price and the fact that it's
TOO BIG:evil:
Not to fear;)we're still looking:D

I dont think you'd here a women complaining about anything being TOO BIG! ;) Oh sorry...back on topic...

Julz
12th November 2004, 09:09 PM
Don't worry Nenah, I had a similar response in my original reply, but then my internet connection crashed!!:evil:

The Dogfather
12th November 2004, 09:27 PM
Big MINI 1/6 Scale 79.99!

http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-cars-planes/27/index.htm

Save £20.00 Now Only £79.99 Was £99.99!

If you like size then look no further than this supberb RC 1/6th RC mini. Its 100% ready to run. Everything included.

Specifications
3 Speed selectable from the handset
Working headlights (Button On Hand set)
Working brake lights and indicators
Remote Central locking
Working Horn
Highly detail exterior and interior!
Detailed engine bay
Opening boot and doors
Complete 2 channel RC system
4 AA batteries for hand set
9.6volt battery and charger!
Now only £79.99! Limited Stock
And the best thing of all is its size! Check out the pictures!

http://www.storacingproducts.com/rc-cars-planes/images/products/so15324.jpg

Big Gordy
12th November 2004, 10:09 PM
Sorry Julz its probably too late :disapprove: I got the free car on the basis of buying 6..........don't panic lassie;) If we can't find one before Xmas we 'll put on an alternative. If we find one later we'll spray it purple and drill it to fit the chassis OK. Give me a phone and we'll talk :p:D:approve:
P.s go to www.hpiracing.co.uk and have a brows through there Porsche shells and see if anything would do :I

Wul
12th November 2004, 11:39 PM
BDM - that looks like the ones the sell on TV shopping channels - they go sooooooooo slow and the batteries run out sooooooooooooo quickly - looks not bad tho!

Julz
15th November 2004, 06:08 PM
Gordy, can you give me the name of the peeps donating this car so we can list them on Mini2 as a sponsor??:p

Maxxed Ross
15th November 2004, 11:58 PM
It's ***WONDERLAND*** Models of Edinburgh, any chance I can get a mention too? :D

Also wondering do they have a website for this event so I can have a wee look around? :cool:

Wul
16th November 2004, 12:41 AM
*********IMPORTANT********

Ross - I thought it was Wonderland who were supplying the cars, not Marionville!!

Julz
16th November 2004, 12:42 AM
Cheers Ross!! Don't worry, rtech was to get a mention seeing as it's you doing the work!!:D;)

The mini2 info is here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55779)

Maxxed Ross
16th November 2004, 12:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

*********IMPORTANT********

Ross - I thought it was Wonderland who were supplying the cars, not Marionville!!

oh now hang on a mo.......hmmm you might be right, I'll go check

Maxxed Ross
16th November 2004, 01:01 AM
yeah well done wul, it is wonderland!

OOPS! :blackeye:

Got that Julz it's Wonderland that are supplying them!

Thanx for the mention too julz! :I

Maxxed Ross
16th November 2004, 06:13 PM
OK everyone who has paid invoices are on the way to your email now.

The guy phoned last night to say all the gear is in so I'll be going to collect them on Sat.

Drop me an Email if anyone has any problems :cool:

Big Col
16th November 2004, 06:39 PM
Drop me an Email if anyone has any problems :cool:

Well I need new wiper blades and have no idea where a Halfrauds is near me but I guess you just meant problems with the models etc. :)

Maxxed Ross
16th November 2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah sort of....;)

What do you need wipers for anyway? :D

Wul
17th November 2004, 11:12 PM
Big G/ Ross - wots the name of the dude in Wonderland that I need to see re spondoolics for the RC Cars?

Maxxed Ross
18th November 2004, 12:50 AM
you need to talk to a guy called Iain so I'm told :D

Wul
18th November 2004, 07:09 PM
Ross/Gordo - just been in to Wonderland and paid my share :)

Big Gordy
18th November 2004, 08:55 PM
Top man :D

Gismo
18th November 2004, 09:37 PM
Top man :D
But, but, but, i paid first :evil:;):cool:

Wul
18th November 2004, 09:58 PM
BTW - Wonderland have a 1/12th Enzo Ferrari collectors kit in the window - not a moving one or owt - but you can dismantle some bits with the supplied tool kit - a snip at £449!! :eek:

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/1004_ebayenzo2.jpg

MartinSullivan
18th November 2004, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
- a snip at £449!! :eek:

:eek::eek::dead::p

Maxxed Ross
19th November 2004, 05:05 AM
Either it's made by hand by Ferrari or it's made from gold! :eek::eek:

We may have a development on the Cooper S shell front but I can't be sure yet.....more to follow ;):D

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 05:35 AM
We may have a development on the Cooper S shell front but I can't be sure yet.....more to follow ;):D

Everything crossed :D

Gismo
19th November 2004, 07:38 PM
I know you'll get me one :p

Big Gordy
19th November 2004, 07:54 PM
I've emailed the guy to see if it can be done and how much it will cost:D Also asked about Julz's troublesome Porsche shell :evil:;) Will keep you posted on any developments - watch this space :p:D:approve:

Julz
19th November 2004, 08:01 PM
<watches space very patiently>:clown:

Gismo
19th November 2004, 08:13 PM
taps finger on desk, well, has he replied yet :p;)

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 08:15 PM
<--- Paces round room like an expectant father waiting for some good news.

Have we got an answer yet :D

Julz
19th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Not yet!!

<starts tapping desk patiently>:p

Alan, pick a tune to tap to!!:clown:

Big Gordy
19th November 2004, 08:49 PM
Oiy stoppit you lot :evil:
No reply yet and I'm leaving to drive back up the road in an hours time so signal will be lost while re-entering. But I'll keep checking until I leave :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
19th November 2004, 09:58 PM
Right I've got his reply and the good news is that he said it would be relatively simple to do as long as we send him one of the bodies so he can make a starter mould :D
Soooooooooooooo can I take it you are all up for this:question:
He hasn't given me a cost yet but I've asked him to give me a rough estimate:approve:
Julz you'll be glad to know he said the Porsche will be quite easy to convert to the one you want if we send down Ross' 911 shell.
Hooray for Keith Dowsett............:p:D:approve:
P.s. he does very coooooooooooooooooool Land Rover shells as well. It will come as no supprise to learn Ross has one of them already :p

MartinSullivan
19th November 2004, 09:59 PM

Soooooooooooooo can I take it you are all up for this:question:
He hasn't given me a cost yet but I've asked him to give me a rough estimate:approve:

Up for it - Cheers :D

Julz
19th November 2004, 10:02 PM
:D:D:D:D:DExcellent, as long as I'm not depriving Ross of his new toy!?:clown:

Gismo
19th November 2004, 10:30 PM
Please proceed :approve: is it ready yet :evil:;):)

Maxxed Ross
20th November 2004, 06:28 PM
Ok people the good news is he can do the minis and the porsche. It takes a week to do the mini and around three weeks for the porsche both at £15 each.:D

I know we need one Porsche for Julz:approve: so how many of you are still up for the Coop s?

Gismo
20th November 2004, 07:25 PM
ME ;)

MartinSullivan
20th November 2004, 07:55 PM
ME TOO :D

Maxxed Ross
20th November 2004, 10:30 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH
Sorry but we've just driven all the way into Edinburger to collect the kits and guess what.....................
They ordered in 6 bloody ROVER mini coopers:evil::dead::mad::disapprove: Man I'm spitting nails here:mad: I knew it was all running toooooooooo smoothly :blackeye::disapprove:

Big Gordy
20th November 2004, 10:36 PM
Spoken to the manager and he asked if I wanted to shoot the guy who placed the order:D Was tempted as he said he would supply the gun:approve: Anyway he's going to order 6 BMW mini coopers on Monday. Luckily I'm going back through next Saturday with the missus anyway but its not the point and I will be telling him that next week when I'm in I can tell you :evil: :p:D:approve:

Nenah
22nd November 2004, 12:50 AM

Ok people the good news is he can do the minis and the porsche. It takes a week to do the mini and around three weeks for the porsche both at £15 each.:D

I know we need one Porsche for Julz:approve: so how many of you are still up for the Coop s?

Yes, I'm happy for the 'S' please.

Maxxed Ross
22nd November 2004, 02:08 AM
Here are some pics of Julz car. Just waiting to send away my Porsche for some minor moglifications ;)

Those arn't the right wheels as you'll be best looking for ones that match yourself :D

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_21112004142249_4.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img1442_21112004142249_6.jpg

Wul
22nd November 2004, 04:48 PM
Coop S for me too please! :)

Julz
22nd November 2004, 05:51 PM
Cheers Ross!! Any ideas where the best place to try and get the wheels from!?:)

Maxxed Ross
22nd November 2004, 07:53 PM
I'd say best to try....

www.ebay.co.uk, www.hpiracing.com, www.prolineracing.com or any local model shops.:D

I thought these were quite close myself :cool: They're off the new Porsche Carrera so shouldn't be too had to find;)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img45_17102004094545_5.jpg

Julz
22nd November 2004, 08:21 PM
Wheels aren't too close, but the shell is beautiful!! Rob's second most desired car, the M3 E30!! <drooooooooooool>! I wonder if I could get a spare shell, hmmmmm!!:p I shall look for wheels when I have a bit more time over lunch!! Ta!:kiss:

Maxxed Ross
22nd November 2004, 08:50 PM
:p whatever next?:D

Gismo
22nd November 2004, 10:08 PM
Do we need to send more money yet??

Big Gordy
22nd November 2004, 10:22 PM
Can I ask those wanting 'non standard' wheels ie not the 5 star ones that come as standard with the kit, to have a look and see what they fancy. We can then add the costs of the wheels and bodyshell together so we can finalise any further payment due. Is that OK:question:
I'm just off the phone with Keith the bodyshell guy :D What a decent bloke he is:) Doesn't think any of the mods required to either the Porsche or the mini will be a problem at all:p Once I get the correct mini's I'll send off the bodies for modification. Will keep you posted :p:D:approve:

Gismo
22nd November 2004, 10:33 PM
Where do i look :I

Big Col
22nd November 2004, 10:35 PM

Where do i look :I

Up most of the time I'd imagine. :D

Big Gordy
22nd November 2004, 10:36 PM
See 5 replies up :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
22nd November 2004, 10:44 PM
Gordy can I get the Pro Line Speed 10's in chrome - cant see anything like my wheels but they will do Cheers, let me know how much extra money you need for the shell and wheels

Gismo
22nd November 2004, 10:45 PM
I can't see anything close to my wheels at all

Gismo
22nd November 2004, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Gordy can I get the Pro Line Speed 10's in chrome - cant see anything like my wheels but they will do Cheers, let me know how much extra money you need for the shell and wheels
I thought we had to go to the Tamiya site, ok, same for me, chrome too :cool:

Maxxed Ross
22nd November 2004, 10:50 PM
Ok I'll find out how much the proline wheels are going to be :D

Julz
22nd November 2004, 11:35 PM
If I nip along to Tay Racers for a look for wheels, can I look at any, or are they brand specific?:sleepy:

Maxxed Ross
22nd November 2004, 11:41 PM
Tay Racers only do HPI I think so you'll be stuck with them I'm afraid. Any wheels they have will be on the HPI site so I'd suggest having a look there first:D

Julz
23rd November 2004, 12:32 AM
Ok, just to save alot of farting about <parrrrrrrrp>, I think I'll just go with the ones that are shown on the rather tasty M3 (it would be nicer if it were black!!) cause they're 5-spokes, silver and round, just like Rob's!!:p

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 12:37 AM
Julz go into the HPI site and have a look I'm sure they have black round 5 spokes:eek: If thats the case Tay racers should be able to get them for you :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 12:41 AM
Just looked :approve: There called the type R5 and they come in black, white and chrome. Nenah wants the white and the chrome for her two so we can maybe go for a group buy at Tay Racers :p:D:approve:

Julz
23rd November 2004, 12:56 AM
I suppose the chrome R5's would do! As long as they go round!!;):D

Maxxed Ross
23rd November 2004, 01:01 AM
Julz, you like your Beemers black?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=26322&id=1325

Sorry but it had to be done :D

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 01:08 AM
Julz what do you want to do about the auction mini body :question: Do we buy an 's' shell for it or leave it as a one/cooper :question: :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
23rd November 2004, 01:18 AM

Julz what do you want to do about the auction mini body :question: Do we buy an 's' shell for it or leave it as a one/cooper :question: :p:D:approve:

If the S Shell is rarer because we have had to have it specially made - might be worth getting one for the auction as it should get us a better price as long as people are aware its a Ltd Edition ;)

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 01:44 AM
Well its limited up to a point Martin:) We're getting a good deal on the shells because he wants to sell the end products on ebay and the like. He's absorbing the tooling costs on this basis. But yes your right it will be relatively limited as he's only a small company and therefor not that well known.
He's going to do a Ford Escort Mk1 with the works arches:p I cant wait for that one :D I'm first on his list when he gets it done:approve: I see a Hannu Mikola replica on the horizon :p:D:approve:

Maxxed Ross
23rd November 2004, 05:16 AM

He's going to do a Ford Escort Mk1 with the works arches:p I cant wait for that one :D I'm first on his list when he gets it done:approve: I see a Hannu Mikola replica on the horizon :p:D:approve:

and what exactly do you plan to mount it on? :D

This could be interesting ;)

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 05:10 PM
I,m sure I can pick up a second hand car on good old ebay:approve:
I'll be like Bonnie Scotland though and never drive it:p<you know what my drivings like:dead:>
I'm on the lookout for a nice set of 1/8th minilight wheels to finish it off:)
I can see it now white with the minilights, blue mexico stripe down its flanks and 2 up/2 down phat spots on the front mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice :p:D:approve:

Julz
23rd November 2004, 05:39 PM

Julz, you like your Beemers black?

Sorry but it had to be done :D

Phwoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's lurrrrvely!!:p

Big G, I think for the auction one, if it's to be chrome, just leave it as a one/cooper, the bling should say it all! But would it be possible for the winner to get an S if that's what they're after!?:clown:

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 06:20 PM
Yes they could get an 'S' if that's what they wanted:D
I'll tell Keith that its only 5 'S's we're after then;)
Have you any preference Julz for what kind of wheels we put on the auction 'S' 8)or can Ross and I just pick a very 'bling' set to go with the chrome paintjob:question: :p:D:approve:

Julz
23rd November 2004, 06:44 PM
I think I'll have to be brave and let you two do what ever you want to the auction one!!;):D

Big Gordy
23rd November 2004, 07:37 PM
Cooooooooooooooooooooooool:p
We saw a very jazzy set of purple and chrome rims in Marrionville models on Saturday and we were sorely tempted :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
24th November 2004, 01:00 AM
UPDATE
I've just been to Wonderland and swapped the mini's for MINI's so we're now back on track:D
I must praise Wonderland for their 'Breakdown Recovery Service':) They ordered the replacements yesterday and they came today:D Turned out it was the supplier who supplied the wrong kits not Wonderland ordering the wrong ones:I Credit where credits due;)
I can now send off the two bodyshells so Keith can work his magic on them ;)

MartinSullivan
24th November 2004, 01:03 AM
I can now send off the two bodyshells so Keith can work his magic on them ;)

Excellent Gordy, cant wait to see the new shells :)

Big Gordy
24th November 2004, 01:50 AM
Yeh I'm quite excited about the new shell too as he says he's going to do it right:D not just change the rear wing and add the bonnet scoop:p He's talking about changing the front/rear bumpers and the side skirts to reflect what the real 's' has :cool: Should be soooooooooperb when it finished;) Wish I was getting one myself :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
24th November 2004, 11:49 PM
OK Folks:D Built one of them last night:p Took about 3 hours all in and overall it seems a very robust and well balanced wee car:approve:
Hope the temperature doesn't start dropping too low or painting the new shells when they arrive will be a worry :blackeye: :p:D:approve:

Gismo
25th November 2004, 12:21 AM
Mine's will be finished first right :evil:;):p:)

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 12:40 AM
If you want BS;) It might be better to wait until I have a few of them under my belt:clown: Building them's not a problem it's the spraying................:I
The closest I could get to your dark silver colour was dark gray but I'll not be sure if its right until I spray a 'test' piece at the weekend8)
I'll phone today about the wheels so I'll keep you posted :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 12:53 AM

If you want BS;) It might be better to wait until I have a few of them under my belt:clown: Building them's not a problem it's the spraying................:I

Can I have mine last then please - so you get lots of practice in first :p

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 01:00 AM
Aye your leccy blue is being a pain in the ass as well I can tell you:evil: That's another one for the test piece :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 01:04 AM

Aye your leccy blue is being a pain in the ass as well I can tell you:evil:

SORRY :I

Gismo
25th November 2004, 01:05 AM
Oh well then, on second thoughts :eek::cool:

Big Col
25th November 2004, 01:08 AM
Could you not just buy a tin of touch up leccy blue from Halfrauds or MINI:question:

Julz
25th November 2004, 01:09 AM
As long as the purple is perfect, that's all that matters!!;):D

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 01:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Could you not just buy a tin of touch up leccy blue from Halfrauds or MINI:question:

I'll easy pay extra for the paint - if that would work , is it suitable for the plastic shells though????

Big Col
25th November 2004, 01:11 AM
<shrugs> I dunno. I aint a model geek. :)

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 01:25 AM
Nope its no good :blackeye: Would melt the plastic :eek: It also has to be flexible to stay on the actual body when you lot crash them :dead: <accept BS who's never going to drive his;)> I've got paint that looks close going by the cap but will try it on a bit plastic first to see if its close enough :p:D:approve:

knaone
25th November 2004, 02:18 AM

The closest I could get to your dark silver colour was dark gray but I'll not be sure if its right until I spray a 'test' piece at the weekend8)
I'll phone today about the wheels so I'll keep you posted :p:D:approve:

Tamiya Gun metal might be quite close to D/S?

Maxxed Ross
25th November 2004, 03:14 AM
I bought a tin of that too just incase;)

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 05:32 PM
Did we:eek: I thought it was dark gray:blackeye: :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 06:17 PM
Found this

www.militarymodeler.com/portal/category_240/content_637/contentview.html?OPEN=638

Its the Tamiya colour chart:D
PS3 - light blue (Martin)
PS23 - gun metal (BS)
PS18 - purple (Julz)

Do these look OK :question:

Julz
25th November 2004, 06:23 PM
Looks pretty good to me!!:D

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 06:26 PM
Or go here,

www.apexmodels.com/product-search.php

and in the search box type in paint and see if one of these is better

Wul
25th November 2004, 06:35 PM
Tsk Tsk......You guys with your fancy colour schemes! :p

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 06:39 PM
PS3 looks fine on the colour chart :D

Gismo
25th November 2004, 07:43 PM
I'm ok with the PS23 :p
Gordy, i'd just like to say you're really going to extremes to get these cars prepared for us :eek: but, as much as I'd like it to be exact, well, i'm gonna be happy enough with whatever you provide :cool:
So, knowing you're doing your best, if that wee bit is missing from the spec then so be it :approve:
But if you want to spend all your time practising on someone else's car then that's ok too :eek:
Don't worry if mine won't be ready for x-mas, i can wait ;)

MartinSullivan
25th November 2004, 07:48 PM
So, knowing you're doing your best, if that wee bit is missing from the spec then so be it :approve:

I know Gordy is going to be so relieved - he told me he was sweating over making a little PS2 for you :D

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 07:52 PM
Ross found 1/10 recaro seats (there for holding mobile phones) but the head restraint are not suitable for fitting the small screens in:dead::I8);) :p:D:approve:

Gismo
25th November 2004, 08:13 PM
Ross found 1/10 recaro seats (there for holding mobile phones) but the head restraint are not suitable for fitting the small screens in:dead::I8);) :p:D:approve:
My seats are standard, not recaro and the damned sub woofer, amp and dvd changer had better be in the boot :evil:

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 08:35 PM
They will be:blackeye: You just cannae open it :p:D:approve:

Gismo
25th November 2004, 08:37 PM
They will be:blackeye: You just cannae open it :p:D:approve:
I'm geting a dremel for x-mas :evil:

Big Gordy
25th November 2004, 09:20 PM
Ahhhh but breaking in will set its alarm off which puts it into self destruct mode :p:D:approve:

Nenah
26th November 2004, 04:50 AM
Big Gordy - I've at just sent you an email detailing the colours and decals for the two RC minis I've ordered! SO excited - cant wait to take for a spin. Those of you who've ordered one we should have a RC mini race in the evening at the next Cullen run?!(Big Col excluded cause he would have modified his car to beat ours!)

Cheers
Nenah

Big Gordy
26th November 2004, 05:09 PM
You must be excited:D You sent me the same email 4 times :eek: I've replied <only once tho;)> :p:D:approve: