PDA

View Full Version : The Highland Tour August 14th 2021

Crombers
17th August 2020, 04:08 PM
Ok folks it's been while but after discussing this with the Mods we are back on track with another Highland Tour

:saltireflag:

We have set a date for Saturday 14th August. It is a one night hotel stopover for a good few laughs, plenty of banter and we will be camped out north of Aberdeen.

Meeting point is Broxden Services Perth PH2 OPX up at the Travelodge / Harvester area at 09:00 for a 09:30 departure

Please book into The Premier Inn, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8BP (https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/grampian/aberdeen/aberdeen-north-bridge-of-don.html) asap & confirm

We will obviously do another recce (1st recce had it's issues) prior to the event but the run will cover the Perthshire and Grampian regions taking in the famous Cockbridge to Tomintoul road. The route from there will head into Aberdeenshire and will be finalised nearer the time.
Please advise of your interest in this outing & I will post up updates as I gather plans :hand:

Keen as mustard :

Booked - Crombers (Allan) & Karen
Booked - MINI William (William) & Magoo (Megan), Christopher says boooooo
Booked - Alasdair JCW (Alasdair) & Laura JCW (Laura) Arwen & Dad (2 MINI's)
Booked - Stoney (Rob) & Christine
Booked - badwolf340 (Brian) & cuddles (Christina)
Booked - JOHN MILNE (John) & Lynne
Booked - matsarm (Matt)
Booked - weefossy (Mum)
Booked - gemmamcva (Gemma) & Mum
Booked - ELFMAN (Euan)
Booked - Alex from NM (Alex) & Gill
Booked - Neil - TXJ (Neil)
Booked - Martymac

13 bookings, 14 MINI's & still open to all :thumbs up:

Magoo
17th August 2020, 04:17 PM
Oh well you know we love a wee night stop over [emoji4]
Once you settle on a date we can confirm a yea or nae from us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Track Ali
17th August 2020, 04:44 PM
We're up for it as well :yes nod:

Crombers
17th August 2020, 05:25 PM
The date at this point is totally flexible but will be one that suits the majority hopefully.

Plenty of time to sort out & we've picked the month/s that don't conflict with 'show' season :thumbs up:

stoney
17th August 2020, 05:45 PM
I'm sure we will do are best to make this [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
17th August 2020, 06:03 PM
Will see whats happening closer to the time, but enjoy a wee overnighter.

cuddles
17th August 2020, 06:32 PM
We are up for this xx

JOHN MILNE
17th August 2020, 06:48 PM
Me&Lynne will be up for this

MINI William
17th August 2020, 08:09 PM
Really excited about this.

As it’s that far in advance maybe best to just pick a date and new can then book it off

sumlad
18th August 2020, 11:57 AM
I'm up for it. Depending on the date.

matsarm
18th August 2020, 03:34 PM
Definitely up for this. Once there’s a date sorted I’ll get the time booked off.

Crombers
19th August 2020, 03:15 PM
Date selected, see title change & first thread :thumbs up:

cuddles
19th August 2020, 05:08 PM
Fantastic xx

weefossy
2nd September 2020, 08:33 AM
Can you put my name down please Crombers.

Crombers
3rd September 2020, 07:28 AM
Can you put my name down please Crombers.

Most certainly madam :smilewinkgrin:

(you were getting dragged along anyway whether you liked it or not :hand:)

gemmamcva
6th September 2020, 06:33 PM
Hi Crombers can myself and my mum put our names down for this please?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Crombers
7th September 2020, 06:53 PM
Hi Crombers can myself and my mum put our names down for this please?

Absolutely, consider it done :thumbs up:

gemmamcva
7th September 2020, 07:30 PM
Thankyou so much ......cant wait

ELFMAN
13th September 2020, 04:40 PM
Crombers, stick me down for this one please!

Crombers
14th September 2020, 10:01 PM
Crombers, stick me down for this one please!

Certainly (you had no option either, you were coming regardless) Elfmeister, yer in :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

K & I have some time off late Sept before our week away to Spain ...... edit!! ...... Torquay!!

Plan is to do a recce of sorts in order to suss out accommodation possibilities & try out some routing.

Numbers are looking great & it's a pleasure to organise this old favourite back onto the NMS calendar :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
16th September 2020, 02:42 PM
Cheers Crombers! Have a good Recce and enjoy the exotic paradise on the “English Riviera” that is Torquay! Don’t forget to pop in to Fawlty Towers for afternoon tea with Basil...

Crombers
16th December 2020, 04:04 AM
Time off from work booked ................. we will hopefully all be out & about well before August

Alex from NM
2nd January 2021, 06:06 PM
its possible I might dip my toe in the water for this, if I'm allowed back across the border by this point!

Crombers
3rd January 2021, 04:18 PM
its possible I might dip my toe in the water for this, if I'm allowed back across the border by this point!

Absolutely my good friend, delighted to have you on board :thumbs up:

Here's hoping that 2021 sees record numbers of attendees on all NMS runs as we exit this pandemic ........ as it was famously sung " let's get together, come on come on let's get together"

& as my favourite saying states "always up, never down, always together"

Crombers
16th March 2021, 06:55 PM
Re today's Covid update ......
We have kept our booked holidays from work (end April ..... should have been Spain beginning of May ...... & should have been Bakewell) so we have a good bit of spare time on our hands.
So with this in mind a recce for the Highland Tour is back in the frame ........ will keep you all updated in due course :thumbs up:

MINI William
16th March 2021, 07:06 PM
Brilliant Crombers really looking forward to this

matsarm
16th March 2021, 08:02 PM
Brilliant [emoji1696][emoji1696]

Really looking forward to getting out in the car and enjoying some NMS fun [emoji16]

cuddles
16th March 2021, 09:11 PM
Fantastic really looking forward to this xx

ELFMAN
17th March 2021, 10:50 AM
Great news Crombers! Thanks.

Grumps
18th March 2021, 02:24 PM
Yep I would also love to join the rest of you , if possible , I might be too late

MINI William
18th March 2021, 08:52 PM
Not to late at all, the more the merrier. I’m sure Allan will be along shortly and will add you to the list.

badwolf340
18th March 2021, 09:02 PM
Yep I would also love to join the rest of you , if possible , I might be too late
Be great to have you along ,I am sure Allan will be along to sort out the details

Crombers
20th March 2021, 04:39 PM

No problem whatsoever, added to the list on page 1 :thumbs up:

Grumps
20th March 2021, 11:22 PM
Magic, thank you

Crombers
28th April 2021, 09:04 AM
Good day fellow NMSrs :hand:

As William has pointed out in another thread, we are nearing life's 'normality', allowing us to get out & about and being allowed to book accommodation in far flung exotic locations (well let's face it, everything in life will seem exotic after all we've been through :smilewinkgrin:).

With this in mind the recce for the forthcoming Highland Tour will thankfully commence tomorrow :thumbs up:

Karen & I will be setting off early doors, making our way up to Perth Services. I have chosen this location as it's central to us all & easy to get to from both east & west.

The plan is to head north (funnily enough) on some of the finest roads the central Highlands have on offer, with spectacular scenery & beautiful towns & villages all thrown in.

We will be checking out a small selection of hotels with the main criteria being an out of town location with plenty of safe parking and suitable wining & dining facilities :p

So stay tuned folks & I will hopefully have an update over the weekend :thumbs up:

MINI William
28th April 2021, 09:33 AM

As William has pointed out in another thread, we are nearing life's 'normality', allowing us to get out & about and being allowed to book accommodation in far flung exotic locations (well let's face it, everything in life will seem exotic after all we've been through :smilewinkgrin:).

With this in mind the recce for the forthcoming Highland Tour will thankfully commence tomorrow :thumbs up:

Karen & I will be setting off early doors, making our way up to Perth Services. I have chosen this location as it's central to us all & easy to get to from both east & west.

The plan is to head north (funnily enough) on some of the finest roads the central Highlands have on offer, with spectacular scenery & beautiful towns & villages all thrown in.

We will be checking out a small selection of hotels with the main criteria being an out of town location with plenty of safe parking and suitable wining & dining facilities :p

So stay tuned folks & I will hopefully have an update over the weekend :thumbs up:

Exciting. Thanks for keeping us posted and all your hard work going into organising a highland tour for us.

matsarm
28th April 2021, 02:40 PM

Very exciting [emoji51]

Grumps
28th April 2021, 06:38 PM
Excited...goin' ma holidies

badwolf340
28th April 2021, 07:04 PM
Excellent news ....:yes nod:

Crombers
1st May 2021, 11:18 AM
OK peeps, a wee update :thumbs up: is on its way

MINI William
1st May 2021, 12:24 PM
OK peeps, a wee update :thumbs up: is on its way

:popcorn: Waiting patiently and full of excitement

Crombers
1st May 2021, 09:47 PM
Evening petals,

Just back from our recce of the Highlands. Lots of good but I'm afraid a wee bit bad, in parts.

The good :
Scotland looks brilliant
We've found a hotel for the run
The recce is 75% complete & will be sorted nearer the time

The bad:
We were probably a bit too premature to do a recce
Most places are still closed i.e. Glenshee & The Lecht, toilet stops
Hotels are still wakening up
It's spring so every council is out spending their road budgets
Closed roads are a pain in the ar$e
We had to head back early doors today due to a family emergency
The recce is incomplete

The hotel:
Premier Inn, Bridge of Don, AB23 8BP (https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/grampian/aberdeen/aberdeen-north-bridge-of-don.html)
Can everyone please book their rooms (currently £29) & breakies (unlimited for £8.99) & advise when done & I'll update the first page.

Vroom vroom :thumbs up:

DigitalLemming
1st May 2021, 10:05 PM
Have added a link for you Crombers, check it’s the right one for me, don’t want folk booking the wrong place!

Crombers
1st May 2021, 10:16 PM
Have added a link for you Crombers, check it’s the right one for me, don’t want folk booking the wrong place!

The very one, cheers Andrew :thumbs up:
Can you also add the link to the first page please

MINI William
2nd May 2021, 07:17 AM
The very one, cheers Andrew :thumbs up:
Can you also add the link to the first page please

That’s it on the first post as well

stoney
2nd May 2021, 07:27 AM
We are booked ;)

Neil - TXJ
2nd May 2021, 08:49 AM
I appear to have booked the hotel so guess I need adding to the list [emoji3]

cuddles
2nd May 2021, 09:23 AM
Harper Clan booked

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 09:58 AM
That’s it on the first post as well

Cheers William

First post updated :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Harper Clan booked

Splendid :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

We are booked ;)

Team Stoney :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

I appear to have booked the hotel so guess I need adding to the list [emoji3]

Nae bother at all, good to have you on board :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
2nd May 2021, 10:29 AM
That’s me booked up, breakfast too! Looking forward to it, fingers and many other bits crossed.

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 10:30 AM
That’s me booked up, breakfast too! Looking forward to it, fingers and many other bits crossed.

Elfmeister on board :thumbs up:

matsarm
2nd May 2021, 10:39 AM
That’s me booked into the hotel Crombers [emoji16]. Very excited! Thanks for sorting it all out and doing the recce.

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 11:12 AM
That’s me booked into the hotel Crombers [emoji16]. Very excited! Thanks for sorting it all out and doing the recce.

Excellent :thumbs up:

catster01
2nd May 2021, 12:08 PM
Sounds fab Crombers, would have loved to come to this but otherwise engaged that day. I’ll be Mother of the Groom.. [emoji16]

martymac
2nd May 2021, 12:39 PM
First post on the forum and to say I’ve booked into the hotel so stick me down for the tour!

Hi & nice to meet you all

Martin

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 12:59 PM
Sounds fab Crombers, would have loved to come to this but otherwise engaged that day. I’ll be Mother of the Groom.. [emoji16]

No problem, great to hear your news

- - - Updated - - -

First post on the forum and to say I’ve booked into the hotel so stick me down for the tour!

Martin

Welcome aboard :thumbs up:

gemmamcva
2nd May 2021, 01:26 PM
So looking forward to this, sounds brilliant
Thats My Mum and I booked too. So unless my sister changes her hen do date we will most definitely be there. Very excited

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 01:31 PM
So looking forward to this, sounds brilliant
Thats My Mum and I booked too. So unless my sister changes her hen do date we will most definitely be there. Very excited

Superb :thumbs up:

JOHN MILNE
2nd May 2021, 01:50 PM
We have booked hotel

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 02:06 PM
We have booked hotel

Magnificent :thumbs up:

Grumps
2nd May 2021, 04:10 PM
Thats me booked too:thumbs up:

MINI William
2nd May 2021, 05:17 PM

Martin

Possibly the best first post ever. Welcome to NMS

MINI William
2nd May 2021, 05:18 PM

Congratulations Cat, I hope it’s a great day.

MINI William
2nd May 2021, 05:23 PM
Crombers that’s Mum Fossys room booked as well

badwolf340
2nd May 2021, 05:43 PM

Well that’s the bingo knackered :laugh:hope you get great weather and have a lovely time

Crombers
2nd May 2021, 07:26 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Thats me booked too:thumbs up:

Excellent :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Crombers that’s Mum Fossys room booked as well

Gotcha :thumbs up:

Alex from NM
4th May 2021, 08:25 AM
Woo, we are booked for Aberdoom!

.... and also booked into Dundee for the Friday too

Crombers
4th May 2021, 09:13 AM
Woo, we are booked for Aberdoom!

.... and also booked into Dundee for the Friday too

Ya dancer :thumbs up:

Alex from NM
4th May 2021, 06:35 PM
Sorry should have also quoted Ali comment doh. We missed a turn on one of the highland runs and had our own detour

haha was that some of my guff notes :D

Neil - TXJ
4th May 2021, 06:48 PM

Can’t remember. Just know we were towards back and I was following Laura and we had lost the pack.

Crombers
4th May 2021, 09:35 PM

Typical NorthernMINI upbringing :smilewinkgrin:

Alex from NM
5th May 2021, 08:16 PM
Typical NorthernMINI upbringing :smilewinkgrin:

;););)

Lucky it made it onto paper as it probably started off as crayon on my laptop screen tracing google maps

Crombers
5th May 2021, 08:53 PM
;););)

Lucky it made it onto paper as it probably started off as crayon on my laptop screen tracing google maps

Brilliant :hand:

ELFMAN
10th May 2021, 09:17 AM
;););)

That’s far too technical, I’ll be using my Runes as usual... it’s a sort of Viking Google!

Crombers
10th May 2021, 01:33 PM
That’s far too technical, I’ll be using my Runes as usual... it’s a sort of Viking Google!

Whatever works my good man, we of a certain age bracket need our 'tried & trusted' ways :hand:

Grumps
6th June 2021, 06:36 PM
Hi all, so you all read my post about the timing chain issue , since then my battery has failed , and to finish me off completely , my power hood has now packed in, suffice to say I have now lost all confidence in the car , completely sick of it , I have traded it in for something other than a mini!!

Needless to say, no point going on a Mini outing without a Mini so I will not be coming on the Highland tour , im sure you will have a fantastic time and I wish you all well

Happy Mini motoring everyone

MINI William
6th June 2021, 09:02 PM
Hi all, so you all read my post about the timing chain issue , since then my battery has failed , and to finish me off completely , my power hood has now packed in, suffice to say I have now lost all confidence in the car , completely sick of it , I have traded it in for something other than a mini!!

Needless to say, no point going on a Mini outing without a Mini so I will not be coming on the Highland tour , im sure you will have a fantastic time and I wish you all well

Happy Mini motoring everyone

That’s a shame that you’ve not had a lot of luck. Hopefully your latest purchase is more suited

Crombers
7th June 2021, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear, hopefully this hasn't put you off MINI ownership in future.

scottch
20th June 2021, 09:30 PM
Can you add me and Julie to to the list, please?

Hotel, booked :thumbs up:

Crombers
21st June 2021, 07:20 AM
Can you add me and Julie to to the list, please?

Hotel, booked :thumbs up:

Welcome aboard :thumbs up:

stoney
20th July 2021, 09:40 PM
Not sure if we are going to make this now as I am mini less gutted.

so any one who wants to go and not booked there hotel then I have a room you can have.

Crombers
21st July 2021, 10:24 AM
Not sure if we are going to make this now as I am mini less gutted.

so any one who wants to go and not booked there hotel then I have a room you can have.

You two could always cadge a lift from any one of us.

Some of the single seaters might fancy a co driver :thumbs up:

Crombers
22nd July 2021, 02:07 PM
Just to whet the appetite, ....... we have Highland Tour stickers for the trip :thumbs up:

badwolf340
22nd July 2021, 04:52 PM
Just to whet the appetite, ....... we have Highland Tour stickers for the trip :thumbs up:
Love a sticker :yes nod:

MINI William
22nd July 2021, 10:14 PM
Love a sticker

ELFMAN
24th July 2021, 09:24 AM
You two could always cadge a lift from any one of us.

Some of the single seaters might fancy a co driver :thumbs up:

Just seen this, I have a spare seat, and I’m sure we could rustle up another one…

Crombers
24th July 2021, 06:01 PM
Just seen this, I have a spare seat, and I’m sure we could rustle up another one…

Top man Elfmeister, one seat sorted for Team Stoney :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
24th July 2021, 07:14 PM
Only if Rob or Christine can put up with my rubbish driving and worse navigation!

Just a thought, if we’re car-sharing, a wee Lateral Flow Covid19 test is a good idea just to be on the safe side. I’m still being pretty careful Re. where I’m going etc and I’m testing myself every week so I know anybody I’m visiting (especially older friends) I’m not putting them at risk.

stoney
25th July 2021, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the offers guys Iv got a small plan up my sleeve but will have to weight till closer to the event to see what happens.

At the moment with Covid I don't think car shearing is a good idea tbh as I'm a hi risk as of my work working with lots of different people on a daily basis and would not want to put any one at harm alto me and Christine are both dubble dosed up. So the chances of us getting it are low But not garenteed.

ELFMAN
25th July 2021, 07:32 PM
No worries Rob, totally understand. I was a bit wary after I’d thought about it too - better safe than sorry! Hope your Cunning Plan comes together!

Crombers
28th July 2021, 11:44 PM
Good evening NMS'rs, a wee update for y'all

We've just done another recce and we're pleased to confirm as follows :

Run complete at 170 miles from Perth Services to Bridge of Don, Aberdeen (and then same again on return).

Planning on an 09:00 meet for an 09:30 departure from Broxden Services, Perth, please be as early as you can).

Run notes completed and copies will be available prior to departure.
Regroup and comfort stops have been factored in.

Lunch stops have been arranged. Due to ongoing Covid restrictions (which should ease again 9/8) we cannot pre book certain venues, i.e. Glenshee & Goodbrand & Ross (on route). We have however been able to book The Lecht Ski Centre for both days because a) I persuaded them that we were good guys & b) Karen gave them that loving glance .... y'know the one .... :p

Dinner at the hotel is booked for 18:30 with us all seated in the one area (as best they can under current circumstances). Those who have pre booked dinner have been accounted for :thumbs up:

The hotel has an overflow car park we can use if we wish (keeps all our MINI's away from the rif raff .... y'know how protective we can be).
Keep it quiet but there is ....... shhhhhh an OUTSIDE TAP!! ....... for anyone that wishes to use. Please feel free to clean Karen's F55 at any time ........
The local garage, just down the bypass has 99 degree full fat fuel for all the SuperMINI's

PS Mom ...... they have both Bacardi, and Pink Gin ......... mega dilemma eh :hand:

PPS did I mention the roads we've selected have put a smile on this old face ........... :hand:
I don't think we have covered off Tomintoul to North Aberdeen in NMS history so this is a first for us and we think you will really enjoy driving them ..... :smilewinkgrin:

badwolf340
29th July 2021, 07:32 AM
Excellent,sounds all good top man in charge :thumbs up:

MINI William
29th July 2021, 09:39 AM
Sounds perfect Crombers. Can’t wait to start at Perth, really looking forward to the weekend away. Again a huge thank you to Karen and yourself for organising

matsarm
29th July 2021, 10:33 AM
That all sounds excellent, Crombers. There will definitely be a lot of roads I’ve never been on before so I’m looking forward to it.

And good job we’re all sat together… I’ll need Karen close by to open my bottle of water [emoji1787]

Crombers
29th July 2021, 10:00 PM
That all sounds excellent, Crombers. There will definitely be a lot of roads I’ve never been on before so I’m looking forward to it.

And good job we’re all sat together… I’ll need Karen close by to open my bottle of water [emoji1787]

Mama Karen says she will look after you :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
2nd August 2021, 03:44 PM
Mama Karen says she will look after you :smilewinkgrin:

Now wait just a doggone minute, Karen usually looks after ME! There could be a legal issue here…

Seriously though, Big Thanks to you both for all your hard work.

matsarm
3rd August 2021, 04:46 PM
“From Monday, 9 August, the current limits on the number of people who can meet up will be dropped, as will social distancing rules in most settings.”

Just in time for Highland Tour… hopefully means the hotel will be slightly more relaxed when we’re in dining compared to when we were at MMM last month.

MINI William
3rd August 2021, 04:58 PM
Certainly good news and a further step to some normality

Crombers
3rd August 2021, 07:03 PM
I spoke with Nicola some months ago :rolleyes: & she agreed that the Highland Tour would be a good time to see a change for the better :thumbs up:

weefossy
4th August 2021, 03:03 PM
Oh Lordy, looking forward to this. Only nine more sleeps ;):D. Are you pair trying to confuse me with the choice of drink.

Crombers
5th August 2021, 07:01 AM
Oh Lordy, looking forward to this. Only nine more sleeps ;):D. Are you pair trying to confuse me with the choice of drink.

😉 we did actually spot Bacardi on the gantry as part of the recce :hand:

- - - Updated - - -

Now wait just a doggone minute, Karen usually looks after ME! There could be a legal issue here…

Seriously though, Big Thanks to you both for all your hard work.

:thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

“From Monday, 9 August, the current limits on the number of people who can meet up will be dropped, as will social distancing rules in most settings.”

Just in time for Highland Tour… hopefully means the hotel will be slightly more relaxed when we’re in dining compared to when we were at MMM last month.

Add 'vertical drinking' to the list and we are being spoiled rotten :hand:

Camshaft
5th August 2021, 08:19 AM
I'm interested in joining the tour.
As I stay local to Aberdeen I would like to know at what time the group would be setting of from the Premier Inn at the Bridge of Don.
Thanks, Jim L

matsarm
5th August 2021, 09:48 AM
Add 'vertical drinking' to the list and we are being spoiled rotten :hand:

The question is, how long will we manage to stay vertical for [emoji23]…

Camshaft
5th August 2021, 10:29 AM
Matsarm, I guess you will likely know the answer to how long you at least will stay vertical for but that doesn't really help to answer my question as to when the group is likely to set off on the run. :Whistle:

matsarm
5th August 2021, 11:10 AM
Matsarm, I guess you will likely know the answer to how long you at least will stay vertical for but that doesn't really help to answer my question as to when the group is likely to set off on the run. :Whistle:

Crombers is the man with the plan and the person organising this trip so he’ll be in a much better place to answer your question.

MINI William
5th August 2021, 11:42 AM

Im sure Crombers will be along shortly to answer your question. He’s a nightshift worker so probably giving it big Z’s just now.

Great that your planning on joining us from Aberdeen

Crombers
5th August 2021, 03:12 PM
Mornin all :hand: & welcome aboard Camshaft

Departure time on the Sunday from Aberdeen will hopefully be no later than 10am.
There is no set time for breakfast as everyone can suit themselves. I'd imagime folks will be congregating around our MINI's at the back of 9/9:30 so I'd suggest around then to meet up with us all :thumbs up:

Camshaft
5th August 2021, 10:32 PM
Many thanks for the info. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
7th August 2021, 10:12 AM
I got an email from the hotel about booking a table for dinner, apologies if I’ve missed this on the thread but what’s the plan for eating on Saturday evening?

scottch
7th August 2021, 01:09 PM
Sorry folks. Looks like work is throwing me a curve ball next weekend and we’ll not make it.

Have a good trip and take loads of pictures

ELFMAN
8th August 2021, 04:33 PM
I had a look back & found the Hotel Dinner arrangements, query answered.

Crombers
8th August 2021, 05:17 PM
I had a look back & found the Hotel Dinner arrangements, query answered.

Good man :thumbs up: & btw Karen says she will always keep an eye out for the Elfmeister :hand:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry folks. Looks like work is throwing me a curve ball next weekend and we’ll not make it.

Have a good trip and take loads of pictures

No problem, sorry you can't manage along

ELFMAN
10th August 2021, 09:17 AM
Good man :thumbs up: & btw Karen says she will always keep an eye out for the Elfmeister :hand:

That’s a relief. Good to know I’ll have at least one Carer next weekend!

badwolf340
12th August 2021, 08:45 PM
Excellent :yes nod:

cuddles
13th August 2021, 05:47 AM
Just one more sleep xxx

Crombers
13th August 2021, 05:49 PM
Just one more sleep xxx

Absolutely :hand:

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning

Meeting point : Broxden Services Perth PH2 OPX at the Travelodge
@ 09:00 for an 09:30 departure

Please advise if you wish my or Karen's mobile number & I'll send a private notification :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
13th August 2021, 06:17 PM
Absolutely :hand:

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning

Meeting point : Broxden Services Perth PH2 OPX at the Travelodge
@ 09:00 for an 09:30 departure

Please advise if you wish my or Karen's mobile number & I'll send a private notification :thumbs up:

Looking forward to it - can you let me have your numbers.

Crombers
13th August 2021, 06:42 PM
Looking forward to it - can you let me have your numbers.

Message sent :thumbs up:

gemmamcva
13th August 2021, 07:21 PM
Very excited to see everyone tomorrow

ELFMAN
13th August 2021, 07:54 PM
I’m nearly ready to go. ELFmobile all checked, just to get petrol in the morning - I didn’t wash it though, weather was crap this afternoon. It’s passable though. Gave myself a haircut and a Covid19 home test. Both Negative! See you tomorrow. Don’t leave without me!

ps Maybe some kind soul can help me tune in my ‘new’ Radio tomorrow - I had it on the Drumlanrig run but couldn’t hear anybody! Ta.

Crombers
14th August 2021, 06:56 AM
Ladies & gentlemen, prepare to start your engines :thumbs up:

MINI William
14th August 2021, 08:21 AM
See everyone soon. Elfman I’ll give you a hand if I can remember how to do it manually, usually it’s done through the laptop

MINI William
14th August 2021, 11:02 AM
John I’ve sent you a PM with my number can you give me a call pleas s

scottch
15th August 2021, 07:22 AM
'mon then, some of us are stuck at work waiting on pictures

MINI William
15th August 2021, 07:22 AM
Fantastic first day filled with great cars and brilliant roads and a few laughs along the way. Roll on day 2

badwolf340
15th August 2021, 12:44 PM
Lunch stop at the Lecht after some excellent roads

weefossy
15th August 2021, 06:03 PM
Thank you to Crombers and his very special partner in crime Karen for the wonderful weekend, amazing roads and fantastic company. I had a wonderful time catching up with everyone and I am so grateful to you all my NMS family, for Alex and Gill getting me there in the first place, for Mini Mum and Brian keeping an eye on my rear end and for everyone else's patience while I'm learning to drive solo on roads I would normally have been shouting at Malcolm to slow down because he was shaking me all over the place, as Crombers explained it's called uneven roads and surfaces. (Who knew) I just thought Malcolm's was driving ****e on these runs. Learn something new every day. Arrived home safe, sound and knackered again thanks to Alex and Gill. Hope you all enjoyed the final run but I realised I had done as much as I could, you may now think of me as the newbie and not the one who has been here forever. The one with no volume control Mini Mum or on off button. A huge thanks to you all NMS:clap:

JOHN MILNE
15th August 2021, 06:10 PM
Great weekend superb roads to drive on
Thanks to Crombers & Karen for organising
But of a detour to start with but we got there :thumbs up:

MINI William
15th August 2021, 06:37 PM
A huge thank you to Crombers and Karen for a great weekend away, everything organised was spot on even down to the bacon roll van at our first stop. Also a huge thank you to everyone that came along to this years Highland Tour, it really is the people that help make such a great weekend.

The roads where spot on as you’d except along with mostly dry weather for us all to enjoy our cars.

I’ll sieve through the pictures that we took over the weekend and post a selection of the best ones. Also should have a few videos from the weekend if the camera worked.

gemmamcva
15th August 2021, 06:48 PM
Massive echo of what's already been said ... Thank you so much Karen and Crombers for a fantastic weekend from my mum Elaine and I, we had so much fun!! those roads and stops were great and the views of the scenery and the minis was a lovely sight to see. Thanks again for organising and letting us come along. Really nice to get to spend more time with everyone and get to know more people. Can't wait to see you all again soon. And relax ahh. Can't wait to see pictures. Thanks again all at NMS.

cuddles
15th August 2021, 06:53 PM
Thank you Karen and Crombers for organising a total fantastic few days away .
Roads were amazing , company as always amazing . Very thing was amazing .xxxx

Neil - TXJ
15th August 2021, 07:04 PM
Echo all the above. Thanks Karen and Crombie.

Not bad mpg considering [emoji4]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210815/e12cc2e36587e810db0e0397674920a4.jpg

badwolf340
15th August 2021, 07:20 PM
Big thanks to Crombers and Karen for organising and planning,it’s not easy and takes up a lot of time,effort and resources :yes nod: ,a great weekend and who knew about the new lesbians :laugh:.brilliant banter at the table and hopefully Sandra will come back :thumbs up: for more .great roads and the best of the weather helped

ELFMAN
15th August 2021, 07:26 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You Crombers & Karen for once again reminding me why I’ve been a (small) part of the NMS Family (for that is what it is) for 18 years - it’s certainly been good for me, apart from the odd unexpected deflation - not to mention my tyre this weekend! I’ve said it before, a Mini hasn’t fulfilled its true purpose if it hasn’t been on an NMS run, and a Mini Owner hasn’t experienced a true ‘Mini Adventure’ if they haven’t experienced a few days away with NMS. It was SO good to see everybody again after the horrible time we’ve all experienced and are hopefully coming out of. From the driving to the ridiculous banter, from the hugely appreciated organisation to displays of indomitable spirit - you know who you are… I’ll be washing the road grime off the ELFmobile tomorrow, but the memories - as usual - will be indelible. Stay Safe everybody, and let’s do it again before too long.

ps I’ve just sorted through my Goodie Bag, thanks folks!

MINI William
15th August 2021, 08:30 PM
Thank you to Crombers and his very special partner in crime Karen for the wonderful weekend, amazing roads and fantastic company. I had a wonderful time catching up with everyone and I am so grateful to you all my NMS family, for Alex and Gill getting me there in the first place, for Mini Mum and Brian keeping an eye on my rear end and for everyone else's patience while I'm learning to drive solo on roads I would normally have been shouting at Malcolm to slow down because he was shaking me all over the place, as Crombers explained it's called uneven roads and surfaces. (Who knew) I just thought Malcolm's was driving ****e on these runs. Learn something new every day. Arrived home safe, sound and knackered again thanks to Alex and Gill. Hope you all enjoyed the final run but I realised I had done as much as I could, you may now think of me as the newbie and not the one who has been here forever. The one with no volume control Mini Mum or on off button. A huge thanks to you all NMS:clap:

You done a fantastic job. Onto the next one now.

MINI William
15th August 2021, 08:34 PM
Some pictures from the weekend, a lot seem to have Matt’s Clubman bum in them

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380537083_30444290a7_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFB2)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFB2) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380300426_8f6a4188f0_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhitfJ)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhitfJ) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381310495_a7a743f17a_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDvH)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDvH) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380537173_c511aad535_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFCz)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFCz) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381039129_66e210f8f4_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnfQZ)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnfQZ) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380536563_8411c0a25a_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFs4)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFs4) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381038889_b1c1dd25bd_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnfLR)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnfLR) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381309880_3e2c5cce4b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDk7)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDk7) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr

MINI William
15th August 2021, 08:40 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379535882_2ccbafed41_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhexYW)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhexYW) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380536848_e8b03a3b13_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFwY)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjFwY) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381057794_ae9eba4e23_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnmoN)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnmoN) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379536267_0cd2eb88d5_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey6z)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey6z) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379536302_c5e8ca9cd1_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey7b)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey7b) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379536282_3dc4f7ca98_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey6Q)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey6Q) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381310595_62427b142f_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDxr)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDxr) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381310560_9ea8f0b192_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDwQ)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhoDwQ) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379536307_799980cb04_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey7g)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhey7g) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380318811_068cbe01a9_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyHH)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyHH) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380318721_eb0c7879a6_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGa)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGa) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380318736_c2254520ff_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGq)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGq) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379581862_b1eca64c05_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mheMDG)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mheMDG) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380554808_d5140f2267_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjLSC)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjLSC) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380318766_057e5e5c5a_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGW)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhiyGW) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379554902_ad530a9b57_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mheDCS)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mheDCS) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51379554882_4ca1a46d8f_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mheDCw)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mheDCw) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51380579683_a97385999e_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjUgv)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhjUgv) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51381057784_524e52c657_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnmoC)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2mhnmoC) by NewMINI Scotland (https://www.flickr.com/photos/154439763@N04/), on Flickr

Crombers
15th August 2021, 08:56 PM
What can I say peeps, it has been an absolute pleasure to organise.
To have been a part of this club for 17 years has become a great sense of contentment in my & Karen's lives.
We have met so many great people over the years and the bond with some are for life.
As William & Brian have alluded to it's not the cars it's the people (although the MINI does have a strong staring role), & as we hopefully head out of our lives being on hold, I genuinely trust that NMS, will be a big part of our future whether it be with new members or old, or some returning to the fold.

Special mention to our resident NMS Mom :smilewinkgrin: xx , you did so well & have my vote of driver of the trip, well done you xx

Great pics William :thumbs up:.

ELFMAN
16th August 2021, 12:30 PM
On Crombers last remark, I couldn’t agree more.
“Mon the Sioban!!!”

Ps Great photos folks

Crombers
16th August 2021, 04:35 PM
Excellent pic at Goodbrand & Ross

matsarm
16th August 2021, 11:18 PM
Some pictures from the weekend, a lot seem to have Matt’s Clubman bum in them

It’s a nice bum [emoji6]. Some great pictures though from a great weekend. Bits of Scotland I’ve never been to before and we were really lucky with the weather and some quieter roads on Sunday.

And as always, the night in the bar is what makes these weekends extra special… even if the conversation was slightly questionable at times [emoji23].

Thanks again to Karen and Crombers for the huge amount of work that went into the Highland Tour. To get a trip of that size to run without a hitch is no small task! Here’s to the next one.

ELFMAN
17th August 2021, 12:13 PM
even if the conversation was slightly questionable at times [emoji23].

I think Karen & Crombers’ friend Sandra has had to book herself into 6 months of intensive therapy! Imagine the state she’d be in after a week in Yorkshire…

scottch
6th September 2021, 09:29 AM
Hi Crombers,

As you know, sadly, me and Julie weren't able to make your trip due to my work chucking a grenade.

However, we were able to postpone our hotel booking at Bridge of Don and have planned to use it this weekend.

I wondered if you might share your route with us, so we could at least enjoy that (albeit, without the company of the NMS gang).

Cheers!

Scott

Crombers
8th September 2021, 02:14 PM
Hi Crombers,

As you know, sadly, me and Julie weren't able to make your trip due to my work chucking a grenade.

However, we were able to postpone our hotel booking at Bridge of Don and have planned to use it this weekend.

I wondered if you might share your route with us, so we could at least enjoy that (albeit, without the company of the NMS gang).

Cheers!

Scott

I'll see what I can do, the recce was done in a Captur & for reasons beyond me the milages were way out on the F55.
I may still have a copy, let me check.

scottch
8th September 2021, 02:15 PM
Many thanks

Crombers
9th September 2021, 04:18 PM
Many thanks

PM your email address & I'll send a copy :thumbs up:

Crombers
10th September 2021, 12:13 AM
PM your email address & I'll send a copy :thumbs up:

Email sent, enjoy :thumbs up: