PDA

View Full Version : Yokohama Paradas v Toyo Proxes T1-S

Julz
3rd November 2004, 06:59 PM
I've been an avid user of Toyo Proxes for a good few years now and have never dared use a different tyre! Until I had my recent 'I'm gonna have to get 4 new tyres' escapade!

So, off to mytyres (http://www.mytyres.co.uk) I go and look up what is actually available in my tyre size (not much I can tell you!) but lo and behold, the new Yoko is there! Did a wee bit of research to see what other people thought of the tyre (no-one on mini2 at the time had mentioned anything) but most people seemed to think it was a rather tasty piece of rubber.

My opinion so far - Proxes ain't going back on I can tell you! These tyres are fantastic, especially on wet, greasy roads, they love it! I used to have wheel spin problems at roundabouts in the wet, not anymore! Overtaking on muddy roads isn't so excitable! I've not pushed them too far yet in the dry cause I haven't had the opportunity, but so far, I absolutely love them. Even Rob agreed on the drive back from Blackpool they were very smooth, there's just something nice about driving when they're fitted, it's like having comfy shoes on!

The only downfall - concrete roads, very, very noisy! I had read that road noise could be a problem and that was from folks in the States, who have quite alot of concrete roads, but we don't have many so it shouldn't be a problem!!

So if anyone has actually read all this... go buy some!!;):D

Big Col
3rd November 2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah but you're a girly so what do you know about driving. Mind you, Rob says they're ok so they must be good. :blackeye::clown::D

MartinSullivan
3rd November 2004, 07:06 PM
Like you I have always loved Toyo's - new wheels are due in the next 10 days - might have to take a trip to mytyres. Thanks for the review Julz

Julz
3rd November 2004, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Yeah but you're a girly so what do you know about driving. Mind you, Rob says they're ok so they must be good. :blackeye::clown::D

<thwack>

The one thing I will say is, like any other Yoko's we've had fitted on cars (Rob has the AVS Sport), it takes about 1000 miles before their true potential comes through! A wee run down to Blackpool helps!!;)

Scottie
3rd November 2004, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Yeah but you're a girly so what do you know about driving.

More than you.;):D

Big Col
3rd November 2004, 07:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
More than you.;):D

That ain't saying much. So does plankton. I still have fun though. :)

Big Gordy
3rd November 2004, 10:01 PM
Had A008's and A539's on my XR2 and they were outstanding tyre's wet or dry. Downside was with 'spirited' driving the 008's only lasted 8500 miles on the front :eek::D A539 lasted a bit longer though :p:D:approve:

Gismo
3rd November 2004, 10:09 PM
I ordered 2 Parada tyres from mytyres, still waiting on them, car cannot move as i'm way past legal and safety
Big thumbs down for mytyres from me :mad: will never use them again no matter how cheap they are :disapprove:

Scottie
3rd November 2004, 11:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I ordered 2 Parada tyres from mytyres, still waiting on them, car cannot move as i'm way past legal and safety
Big thumbs down for mytyres from me :mad: will never use them again no matter how cheap they are :disapprove:

I was cheaper by £20 quid a tyre from a local idependent dealer than my tyres.

I know a guy who has ordered Parada through Driver's in Glasgow and is still waiting now over 6 weeks.

Apparently there is a wait on these tyres at the moment.

Julz
3rd November 2004, 11:53 PM
Mine arrived 2 days early!:I As the tyres are relatively new, there are not many places holding a huge stock of them! The ones from mytyres came from Germany!:sleepy:

Gismo
4th November 2004, 01:24 AM
Went to my local tyre fitter, ordered two Parada tyres on the spot, next day delivery
£110 each plus VAT, including fitting :)

Have since cancelled the order with mytyres :mad:

john
4th November 2004, 02:18 AM
I still use Federals but then again I dont drive an 's'.:D

If you want to know anything about tyres why not contact our online expert?;)Where is Fontal anyway???????:D:D

Get Yokohama crossplys:D

GAJ
4th November 2004, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

I still use Federals but then again I dont drive an 's'.:D
If you want to know anything about tyres why not contact our online expert?;)Where is Fontal anyway???????:D:D
Get Yokohama crossplys:D

PMSL! Poor Richard!! One wee comment... OK, two wee comments and the rest of us just won't let it lie!!:D Crossply yokos!!:p

Gismo
6th November 2004, 02:56 AM
Now got the new parada's on the back :) only thing is now the tyres are hitting the arches :(
So, ordered a set of Spax coil overs ;) for sale soon, Eibach lowering springs :p

Duncan Stewart
6th November 2004, 05:30 AM
I bought my last tyres from Mytyres site and arrive no probs at all (£35 each 15" :D)

Julz
8th November 2004, 05:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Now got the new parada's on the back :) only thing is now the tyres are hitting the arches :(
So, ordered a set of Spax coil overs ;) for sale soon, Eibach lowering springs :p

Or that's what you've told Julie so you don't get a row for buying more stuff!!:D;)

mikeythemini
13th November 2004, 10:19 PM
Martin - are you in Leccy Blues group buy?
I am and wondering about the yokos - used to have Yoko A008's on my classic Mini turbo - superb in dry but iffy in the wet

MartinSullivan
13th November 2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah I am in the group buy - still waiting for the wheels like you :)

Thanks for the pm re the roadpilot by the way - i'll be in touch , i think I have got 2 people wanting them at the mo

Julz
15th November 2004, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

Martin - are you in Leccy Blues group buy?
I am and wondering about the yokos - used to have Yoko A008's on my classic Mini turbo - superb in dry but iffy in the wet

Cheers for the bulbs Mike:D much appreciated! Haven't been able to try them out yet cause it ain't been dark enough, but I'll see tonight!!;):D

mikeythemini
16th November 2004, 04:33 AM
Cool