PDA

View Full Version : Sound System Upgrade

EKJCWGal83
14th August 2020, 05:13 PM
Hi all! I hope you are all safe and well...

I am looking to seek ideas and advice about upgrading my 2014 JCW Paceman. The current sound system really lets it down and is something I知 looking at upgrading. I知 looking for ideas, inspiration and recommendations from anyone who has done this to their vehicle successfully or recommends a particular company who supplies and fits audio. All info warmly welcomed! Basics I知 looking for is to change the front speakers, add tweeters and an amp of some kind.

Many thanks in advance.

Track Ali
14th August 2020, 06:22 PM
I'm not an audio guy but I do remember folks talking about a quick channel swap on R-series cars that improved things. Something about swapping the signal from the front to rear speakers (although I think it also had a knock-on effect on the Bluetooth system).

No doubt going for a proper audio install would be the best bet but thought I'd mention the channel swap just in case.

MINI William
15th August 2020, 10:41 AM
Lots of people done a channel swap that improved the sound dramatically, I never done it on any of my cars. If your looking to do amps etc newministuff.co.uk do lots of audio upgrades etc. May be worth giving them a call or a message.

nobbyclark
17th August 2020, 03:30 PM
I was disappointed with the sound in our R60. It certainly lacks bass, even with the underseat speakers. Music is from an old iPod connected via USB/Aux. So I bought a usb-powered headphone amplifier on eBay and have this plugged in between the iPod and the USB input in the Mini. It definitely improves the volume and bass, although a purist might not approve of the technique. I have it all housed in the sunglasses case on the centre rail, so it's quite neat.
Similar to this, although I got mine from a UK seller: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Audio-HIFI-Headphone-Amplifier-Portable-Earphone-AMP-3-5mm-w-USB-Cable/312925654333?hash=item48dbd28d3d:g:aMMAAOSwHwReDt4 i