PDA

View Full Version : 'Wonky' Drivers Seat

NRM1979
1st July 2020, 11:46 PM
So getting to the niggles with our car.

Noticed that the seat back of the drivers seat is leaning slightly towards the centre of the car (11:55 rather than 12 o'clock). Seems the rear left corner of the seat is sitting lower than the other 3 corners (we have the seat at the low setting). I'm guessing something is wonky with the height mechanism.

Any known easy fixes within the existing structure or are we looking for a new seat frame and swapping backs and squabs (with the added complication of heated seats)?

We've got the Cordoba Beige interior so finding a whole seat for an easy swap will be pretty hard.

Niall

MINI William
2nd July 2020, 08:45 AM
Have you tried winding the seat all the way back and then all the way forward to see if it corrects it’s self. I had a WagonR years ago with a similar problem and that sorted it

NRM1979
2nd July 2020, 09:34 AM
Will do. I've tried cycling it vertically without luck. Will have another go and try all movement directions. If in doubt apply BFI!

NRM1979
2nd July 2020, 10:53 AM
It's definitely a weak corner, the passenger seat doesn't have the same lateral play in it. On the highest seat setting you can see it cant into that corner by pushing the seat back towards the middle of the car.

Anyone got experience of stripping and rebuilding a seat frame?......

Niall

MINI William
2nd July 2020, 12:57 PM
Probably best to take it somewhere like Transcal in Livingstone who deal with seats and see what they can do