PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fife

MikeY
22nd June 2020, 11:28 PM
Hello, I’ve owned my mini R56 Dooper for just over 6 months. To be honest there doesn’t seem to be a lot of mods for diesel coopers, at least not that I’ve found.

I’m really keen to lower is but not sure if I should go for springs, coilovers, or if I could get an air kit for under £2k as the amount of speed bumps and potholes are brutal. Would also like to get the car remapped but again not met anyone who has don’t that to a mini and wonder what the results would be. Would like to get an exhaust system but unsure of what to get cause I’ve got a diesel.

As you can tell a lot of unknowns but hopefully from reading the threads from this forum I’ll get some guidance. I’ll upload some photos once it stops raining

MINI William
23rd June 2020, 01:19 PM
Welcome to NMS Mike. There are certainly lots of options for suspension for R56 cars, it really comes down to what your looking for and personal preferences are. There are various coilover options depending on budget ranging from AP to Ohlins. I can’t offer any help on bags but there are kits out there.

As for remaps there are company’s out there that offer various power claims depending on what other mods you’ve got/ going for. I travelled to PTorque down in Wolverhampton to get my R56 JCW and R56 GP mapped, there are obviously companies closer who offer maps but I’ve never used them so can’t recommend them. Site sponsor B&M also offer remaps, any work I’ve had carried out by them has always been outstanding, but again I’ve never had a remap from them.

badwolf340
23rd June 2020, 06:06 PM
:welcome:Don’t think changing the exhaust is going to do much but a remap should help ,We had an early Cooper D that was very good keep it in the right gear and could keep up with most cars on an NMS run ,plenty of Coilovers not a lover of springs but lots of choice out there

MikeY
23rd June 2020, 08:49 PM
Cheers, i'm coming along to the Mini Mayhem at Crail, i'll give B&M a shout and see what they can offer.
Suspension is more to do with look that handling, i don't travel very far distances but as living in fife we love a speedbump and a pothole! I'm reading some of the other threads on the other boards.

Crombers
25th June 2020, 08:54 AM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag: