PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye to one ..................

Borvad
18th June 2020, 01:22 PM
Well heres the post I started in January when I picked up the Paceman :

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?29337-David-s-Paceman

She was back in at Menzies last week getting a premature rust issue sorted on the boot, and in the meantime I had a petrol courtesy car........it just showed me that I missed petrol, and hated the diesel sluggishness of the Paceman.

A long emotional story (for those of you who want to actually know more info, let me know) has always had me connected to my 2008 yellow Mini Cooper I sold at the tail end of last year, after she had been in the 'ownership' of my sister.

Its not something I actually planned but as of today, I can now say I've done a deal to trade-in the Paceman for a 2015 Volcanic Orange (as close as I could to yellow) 3dr Cooper S as shown in the pics. I must admit I'm looking forward to hearing the pops and bangs of the cars soul again.........although I am definitley NOT a fan of black alloys so they will need to be changed as soon as I can.

Chloe
18th June 2020, 01:29 PM
On my second Cooper D and both were never sluggish. First run we went on we kept up with the JCW’s at everyone’s shock, they thought the car was a cooper S. I love my cooper D’s for a couple of reasons the mileage I travel a week and how the car handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
18th June 2020, 01:44 PM
Great that you’ve found a car your happy with. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I never found any of the diesel MINI’s that we’ve had to be sluggish and always very torquey. May be that with the added weight of the Paceman that it wasn’t a good combo.

MINI William
18th June 2020, 01:45 PM
On my second Cooper D and both were never sluggish. First run we went on we kept up with the JCW’s at everyone’s shock, they thought the car was a cooper S. I love my cooper D’s for a couple of reasons the mileage I travel a week and how the car handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely wasn’t slow :yes nod:

scook94
19th June 2020, 09:06 PM
I have to agree on the black rims, my Pepper White Clubman Cooper D Sport has silver rims and I'm not overly keen on those either, but know that the gloss black wouldn't be any improvement at all. I'm contemplating powdercoating them a deep gunmetal grey but still in two minds. Coming from a 1.6 diesel in my Alfa to the 2.0l in the Mini I have no complaints on lack of grunt but I also get paid a mileage rate based on petrol engine so any extra I can get from a diesel is money in my pocket.