PDA

View Full Version : JCW Inspired by GP

MINI William
10th June 2020, 11:13 AM
MINI are launching a GP inspired pack for the JCW consisting of Racing Grey Paint and some of the interior touches CLICK HERE (https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0309290EN/inspired-by-motor-sport:-the-john-cooper-works-gp-pack)

Track Ali
10th June 2020, 01:32 PM
Certainly a nice enough little car. I can imagine it would make a lovely driveway partner for a proper GP. :yes nod:

goggs
10th June 2020, 05:16 PM
I quite like that [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
12th June 2020, 12:42 PM
Have to say if I had got a GP3 I would be miffed

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
12th June 2020, 02:42 PM
Have to say if I had got a GP3 I would be miffed

A fair point Rob ,but it’s gone on for years Ford are brilliant at it RS1800 nope get an RS2000 nope get a Mexico or a 1600 Sport or end of line Harrier
Sunbeam Lotus ...let’s bring out the TI

stoney
12th June 2020, 03:00 PM
Yea I know that but it bugs the life out me when they go is a special colour and then replace it for all to have make the limited edition a bit less limited In my eyes

MINI William
12th June 2020, 03:04 PM
BMW have done this previously with such colours as Valencia Orange on the 1M and was then offered as a colour on the F series 1 series. As a GP owner it doesn’t bother me in the slightest, I can understand why some would be upset by MINI taking some parts from the GP. MINI have been making parts bin specials for the past 60 years

Crombers
12th June 2020, 03:43 PM
Certainly a nice enough little car. I can imagine it would make a lovely driveway partner for a proper GP. :yes nod:

Fookin hell, how much money we got these days :idunno:

MINI William
25th July 2020, 08:56 PM
Just found out the Inspired by GP is limited to 300 units. I’m unsure if that’s UK or worldwide. I would imagine UK

nobbyclark
27th July 2020, 11:34 AM
I remember when the R53 was offered in the unique colours of Dark Silver and Electric Blue. Before long, the latter at least was available on every Mini and now they are as common as backsides.
If the 'inspired' pack included a factory-approved 300hp, I might be more interested. I'll stick with own tune until then.

Track Ali
27th July 2020, 06:06 PM
It seems to be the way that "exclusive" items become more and more accessible - and that's not unique to MINI.

With regards to the GP, there will no doubt be some owners out there who are upset by the "Inspired" model but I'm not one of them. Personally I think it's a great little car and it'll be nice for the owners who've gone for one. My enjoyment of something has never hinged on "exclusivity" - if something's great I'd always prefer that more people are able to enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if MINI ended up lumping the GP engine in a regular JCW hatch at some stage. The N18 from the GP2 was used in other MINI models and the uprated B48 from the GP is already being used in the Clubman and Countryman 300 (and of course a range of BMW models). Again, this wouldn't upset me as it would just give more MINI owners a chance to experience (what's shaping up to be) a great engine.

nobbyclark
3rd September 2020, 01:35 PM
I see that there are currently 6 real GP3s for sale on the Mini Used website. If only I wasn't about to buy a new house...