PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good R53

VRRab&Diane
2nd June 2020, 07:45 PM
Right I've made a decision. Turning 50 next month and have decided to treat myself to a R53. Any advice on what to look out for when viewing these cars. Common faults etc. Are there any for sale within the group? Looking for standard or with a few mods. Anything considered as long as it has been looked after properly. It can't be red. I know red minis look fantastic, however we have never had any luck with red cars. We have had a few in the past. Diane has cracked the whip and dared me against red. So if anyone has any advice or knows of any for sale please let me know. Cheers folks.

MINI William
2nd June 2020, 09:06 PM
You’ll really enjoy it Rab. I’d look for a later LCI car with the Teflon coated supercharger along with better lights and a few other touches. They are really bad for rear crank oil seals going. There is maybe one I know of coming up for sale. I’ll check with the owner.

VRRab&Diane
2nd June 2020, 09:20 PM
You’ll really enjoy it Rab. I’d look for a later LCI car with the Teflon coated supercharger along with better lights and a few other touches. They are really bad for rear crank oil seals going. There is maybe one I know of coming up for sale. I’ll check with the owner.

Great thanks Wiiliam. So would that be a 05 to 06 plate with the teflon coated supercharger? I did see one advertised today at a dealers with a FSH at only 76k. I haven't heard back from them yet

DigitalLemming
2nd June 2020, 09:24 PM
I’m going to be selling mine shortly, it’s a July 2004 LCI in Dark Silver, has a JCW exhaust and JCW grills on it but apart from that it’s standard. Done approx 119k, last MOT’ed in February so has a good chunk remaining. I can get some photos in the next few days if you’re interested

VRRab&Diane
2nd June 2020, 09:36 PM
I’m going to be selling mine shortly, it’s a July 2004 LCI in Dark Silver, has a JCW exhaust and JCW grills on it but apart from that it’s standard. Done approx 119k, last MOT’ed in February so has a good chunk remaining. I can get some photos in the next few days if you’re interested

Hi mate. Yeah if you can fire me over some photos and price that would be great. Does it have the teflon coated supercharger etc?

MINI William
2nd June 2020, 09:41 PM
Hi mate. Yeah if you can fire me over some photos and price that would be great. Does it have the teflon coated supercharger etc?

It does have the Teflon supercharger

VRRab&Diane
2nd June 2020, 09:44 PM
Cool if you can give me an idea of the asking price that would be great

DigitalLemming
2nd June 2020, 09:52 PM

Will try and get photos tomorrow for you, need to have a think about price

VRRab&Diane
2nd June 2020, 09:56 PM
Will try and get photos tomorrow for you, need to have a think about price

That's fine. Look forward to seeing them.