PDA

View Full Version : New member from Edinburgh

craig255
28th May 2020, 11:28 AM
Hi all, new member from Edinburgh (well just outside) . I've had a 2017 Clubman SD for about 2 years and swapping it tomorrow for a 2019 F55 Cooper S. Pretty excited and hoping to feel a difference from the shorter wheel base and petrol engine. Haven't been able to test drive it due to the lockdown and having to drive to Manchester to pick it up anyway.

I've got £1500 put aside for modification but I've never done any mods to a car before so unsure how to best spend the money. Car will be a daily driver and don't want it to look or sound to "boy racer"! Initial thoughts are:

De chrome - belt line, door handles, petrol cap, badges and lettering, chrome strip on the front grill
Lowering springs and possibly upgrading to 18" wheels (think i'll lower first as seems to be recommendation)
Race chip

Any other suggestions as to how best spend the money?

badwolf340
28th May 2020, 03:24 PM
:welcome: I think the things you have hi lighted are good ,JB4 would be a good way to go on the tuning front and lots of JCW bits and bobs to spend your money on ,get some pics up when you get your new car .

JOHN MILNE
28th May 2020, 03:37 PM
:thumbs up::welcome:
asking the question of what to buy is like lighting a fuse wire
we could help you spend all off it

craig255
1st June 2020, 08:31 PM
Picked the car up on Friday and instantly new I’d made the right decision. Really chuffed with how the car feels and performs. Came home on the A70/A71 and the car was fantastic on the windy roads.

First job was to remove the bonnet stripes. They were quite badly chipped, surprising as the car has done under 3000 miles, also had bad water marks. It’s not a job I’d like to do again!
Few pics after stripes removed, had to compound the bonnet as stripes left a mark, then gave it a polish and wax.

Love the style of the seats.

MINI William
1st June 2020, 08:55 PM
Welcome to NMS. Great looking F55 and your plans sound spot on

MiniInd
2nd June 2020, 07:19 AM
Nice.:welcome: