PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member from Dalkeith

Scottm300986
12th May 2020, 11:25 PM
Hi new to the group from Dalkeith I was on here briefly a good few years back with my n14 cooper s but ended up selling due to the amount of issues the car had. Picked up a 2012 cooper s in pepper white with jcw aero pack and wheels. Really good wee car so far it’s only covered 28k miles needs a bit of work done like brakes, wheel refurb nothing major. Picked up a few mods so far, silicone hoses new pipercross panel filter and just ordered a full cobra exhaust. Going to use the car for track days probably in 2021. So just picking up parts at the moment. Would post a few pictures up but not sure how to 😂.

stoney
13th May 2020, 07:02 AM
Welcome I use my R53 as a track car great little cars to throw round a track :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
13th May 2020, 07:51 AM
Saw your post on fbnms good to see you have got a very low mileage car ,nice to see what the changes are later on

MINI William
13th May 2020, 09:50 AM
Welcome back to NMS. Sounds like you’ve picked up a cracking car and I’m looking forward to seeing how you progress the car. I’ll need to keep an eye out for you, as I’m in Midlothian as well

Scottm300986
13th May 2020, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the reply’s I have bought an r53 also down in nottingham put a deposit on it just before the lock down started but I’m considering giving it a miss and using the money for the r56 but I would like to have both. Will keep an eye out for you William. The mini doesn’t move much your more likely to see me in my white work van ��.

Scottm300986
21st May 2020, 11:46 PM
Managed to get a few bits on the car. Fitted new brembo rear discs and pads first time working on the brakes was pretty simple just a bit awkward with the wear sensor. Also fitted noise maker and intake silicone hose. Still to fit the intercooler one to turbo but when I removed the coolant tank started to leak from the bottom stupid design with that clip Attachment. So will leave it till another day. New exhaust should arrive any day now. Hopefully get that on next week. Looking to get wheels re done has anyone used pentland powder coating?

MINI William
22nd May 2020, 07:31 AM
I’ve used Pentland powder coating a few times and they have always done a good job. Sounds like the car is coming along nicely with everything being fitted

badwolf340
22nd May 2020, 08:07 AM
Yeah used pentland before ,also had problems with the coolant tank just as you say ,but always nice to things replaced

Scottm300986
22nd May 2020, 09:26 AM
Will give pentland a phone and see if they are open :thumbs up:. Coolant bottle is fine when it’s in place but once moved or tilted seems to leak clip looks to be in place. Will change the hose and do a coolant change after wouldn’t be surprised if it’s due to be done anyway:laugh:.