PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Pressure for 215/45/17 on a R53

c_me_swim
20th April 2020, 02:42 PM
Afternoon all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well during the lock down.

I've been keeping busy on the weekends by doing a couple of jobs that needed to be done on the R53.

Anyway, the reason for my post was to find out what the correct pressure is for 215/45/17 tyres on a R53 is.

The tyres are fitted to a 17" x 7.5" wheel and will be used on a daily basis once things are back to normal, so don't need any crazy track day pressures.

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic.

Stay Safe!!

goggs
20th April 2020, 03:43 PM
Tyre pressures do seems better high in the manual from mini I was shocked to see the figures for the F56 when I first got he car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalkster
21st April 2020, 06:35 AM
I'm sure on my R53 there is a sticker in the drivers door/door close with tyre pressures.
16" and 17" if i remember correctly. Sorry i can't be more helpful but the cars miles away at the moment.

c_me_swim
5th May 2020, 01:49 PM
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Although the sticker on the driver side door close didn't have the tyre size i was looking for, i just made a educated guess and all seems fine.
I now just need good weather and things to return closer to normal to give them a really good test with some spirited driving.
So far they feel incredible in the dry and no so good in the wet. Still better than expected.

Stevie-c
19th October 2020, 08:08 PM
Hi All, As already mentioned by others. I have never seen tyre pressures so high !!

205/40/ R18 currently shows 42 psi front & 35 psi at the rear with two in the car......

Can I please what the general consensus is with everyone, is it due to front wheel drive, weight at front, run flats ? As I say I’ve never experienced such a high pressure ?

If anyone can share I’d appreciate it