PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Black Trims like new

EKJCWGal83
11th April 2020, 05:05 PM
Hi all, I hope you are all safe and well...

As we all try to find things to occupy ourselves during lockdown I was looking for some tips in keeping the black exterior trims looking good as new? Trying to ward off the dreaded fade!

All info warmly welcomed!

MINI William
11th April 2020, 05:18 PM
I’ve always liked Auto Finesse Revive, it can be bought from most detailing companies and also Halfords have also started setting Auto Finesse. Make sure your trim is clean before hand and remove any contamination using some G101 or degreaser for best results.

EKJCWGal83
11th April 2020, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the info.... shall keep a lookout for these products :thumbs up:

MINI William
11th April 2020, 06:23 PM
Thank you for the info.... shall keep a lookout for these products :thumbs up:

No problems at all. You’ll get it online Auto Finesse and slims detailing have deals on just now I’m sure.

MINI William
11th April 2020, 09:44 PM
Just checked Slims have 10% off just now, I now get the majority of my stuff from them now and always pleased with the service.

LINK TO SLIMS (https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/)

Kettlepot
12th April 2020, 07:51 AM
I found GTechniq C4 (ceramic coating for plastic)is really good. Worth using their panel wipe before to make sure everything is clean properly before you start.
I haven’t needed to redo mine for ages. It isn’t cheap but you get what you pay for and as I have said, I haven’t had to reapply.

EKJCWGal83
13th April 2020, 10:16 PM
Thank you all x

Adam j w
19th August 2020, 08:05 PM
I use Autosmart Trim Wizard apply after you have washed and polished and waxed with a brush or old sponge wipe off excess when dry and it can be used as Tyre dressing,

Crombers
20th August 2020, 06:49 AM
I gave in ........ I had mine painted :yes nod: