PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Mini Drivers

Nenah
2nd November 2004, 09:22 AM
After the Blackpool Run I popped on over to York for the night and have to say, Yorkshire New Mini drivers are the friendliest I have found yet - all but 1 mini out of 15+ flashed or waved to me FIRST...made a nice change to some of the local drivers here in Aberdeen who can be offstandish at times. Def. made my day!!

I salute you New Mini Yorkshire owners!

:D:D
PS: sorry if this isnt the right topic to post in :p

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 05:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

When I am not an Aberdeen Mini Driver I am a Yorkshire Mini Driver

Nenah
3rd November 2004, 02:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

When I am not an Aberdeen Mini Driver I am a Yorkshire Mini Driver

You have been trained well then! Keep on waving!!:D

The Dogfather
4th November 2004, 06:57 AM
Yorkshire? Bloody hell! Got a few waves back from Blackpool/Lanacashire MINIs.

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:26 AM
Nenah dont be decieved with the yorkshire thing, i live in york for work but i am from Fife and nobody ever waves to me in york. U must be prettier than me haha!!

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:28 AM
i also know Ian that had ur car b4 u! very nice car.

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimaster

i also know Ian that had ur car b4 u! very nice car.

Wow! Really - Ian Gillies? Such a small world - think he bougth another BMW as the mini got too small for his wife/family. You can tell him that she is very much loved and cared for and brought huge mounts of joy and happyness to my life! :D I've improved her further since my lucky purchase from him - if that was possible!;)

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:33 AM
Yeh he has ordered a new M5 which is nice. He has an X5 too! Life is cruel haha!

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:36 AM

Yeh he has ordered a new M5 which is nice. He has an X5 too! Life is cruel haha!

I believe he buys cars, spends loads of dosh modifying them and then gets bored and sells - lucky for me! The whole family was sad to see me drive away in her, crying children and all - but I can now understand why! Was he ever a member of NMS?

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:36 AM
Thats not the Ian Gillies that has the exhaust business is it?

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Scottch

Thats not the Ian Gillies that has the exhaust business is it?

Cheers!

Scott

Iain Gillies of Kelty? I think he has many business ventures - was an alloy sales guy, has a car valet business and also builds and sells new homes...could be?

He also has a race car - but cant recall what model..

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:40 AM
Yeh thats about right, he is also in business with my best mates Dad selling top end bathrooms.

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:43 AM
Nenah,

Haven't heard of him in a few years - but it sounds like the same guy that I know of.

His dad started SBC I believe?

Not sure where he lives now, but he used to live about a mile from me, and when he had the exhaust place I could throw a stone from my business premises to his.

Used to own an estoril M3 with the plate M3 RPM, it had fancy cams and all sorts of work done to it.

Like I say, not sure if it's the same fella but it sounds like him.

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:44 AM

Yeh thats about right, he is also in business with my best mates Dad selling top end bathrooms.

A finger in every pie!! Really great guy and gave me a good deal when buying (I hope!! :eek:) Does he still have contacts in the tyre/allow world?

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:45 AM

Nenah,

Haven't heard of him in a few years - but it sounds like the same guy that I know of.

His dad started SBC I believe?

Not sure where he lives now, but he used to live about a mile from me, and when he had the exhaust place I could throw a stone from my business premises to his.

Used to own an estoril M3 with the plate M3 RPM, it had fancy cams and all sorts of work done to it.

Like I say, not sure if it's the same fella but it sounds like him.

Cheers!

Scott

yep, that's him alright! My car had M3 RPM plates when I bought it - just bought new rego of X11 BBR (No.12 BBR limited edition). I have his contact details if you every wanted to get back in touch with him?

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:49 AM
nenah,

Although we lived and worked nearby, we only knew of each other rather than actually had any real dealings.

Is the exhaust business still on the go? I thought it had folded when he sold the premises and disappeared from the area years ago.

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:52 AM

nenah,

Although we lived and worked nearby, we only knew of each other rather than actually had any real dealings.

Is the exhaust business still on the go? I thought it had folded when he sold the premises and disappeared from the area years ago.

Cheers!

Scott

oh ok - get where you're coming from. I recall him mentioning the exhuast business formed some part of his racing interest, but dont quote me! I know he does have valet business his wife manages as when I collected Winnie she was sparkly new and clean! The world is getting smaller....:eek:

I saw the ad he had on Autotrader for a few weeks and eventually the temptation to go and see his car got the better of me (and my bank balance!) but so pleased I went for a test drive - he took me for a spin & went 4 times around a round-a-bout @ 90 mph & she just handled like a dream - I WAS HOOKED!!!! and handed over the dosh on the spot! :D:D

minimaster
28th November 2004, 07:55 AM
The estoril M3 is phil ritchie who owns lomond homes, he is mates with him thats how he had the plate. phil now has as aston martin vanquish.

Nenah
28th November 2004, 07:57 AM

The estoril M3 is phil ritchie who owns lomond homes, he is mates with him thats how he had the plate. phil now has as aston martin vanquish.

Ok - I think we have just entered the twiight zone..do dodo dodo do dodo...

Scottch
28th November 2004, 07:58 AM
Nenah,

Please don't misunderstand me - it wasn't meant as a slur against Ian - the exhaust business disappeared very quickly those years ago, and then the premises were sold - I had only presumed the business had folded at the time due to the speed of the changes that ensued, and of course all the local rumour mills went into overdrive.

Hope it's not the case, and it sounds like Ian is at the helm of a very successful empire!

Cheers!

Scott

Scottch
28th November 2004, 08:04 AM
Saturday night and we're talking about who's who in the Fife building / exhaust trade!

:p GLUG!

Cheers!

Scott

Nenah
28th November 2004, 08:06 AM

Nenah,

Please don't misunderstand me - it wasn't meant as a slur against Ian - the exhaust business disappeared very quickly those years ago, and then the premises were sold - I had only presumed the business had folded at the time due to the speed of the changes that ensued, and of course all the local rumour mills went into overdrive.

Hope it's not the case, and it sounds like Ian is at the helm of a very successful empire!

Cheers!

Scott

Nope - no misunderstanding here. As I said, I only know Iain from buying the car from him. I have bought a few cars via private sale and Iain was an absolute pleasure to deal with - and quite a character at that - and he knew his stuff on cars and performance esp. with converting to BBr 200 which has only been to my advantage! :D:D

Nenah
28th November 2004, 08:08 AM

Saturday night and we're talking about who's who in the Fife building / exhaust trade!

Cheers!

Scott

Yep, guilty as charged :eek: - but in a sense I owe Iain far more than I could ever say here as my car has bought many good things into my life and enjoyment that I ever thought possible from Mini ownership (ok, the red wine is starting to type here now!!) :p

minimaster
28th November 2004, 08:11 AM
Scott u should be out in ur new car or get down Leven for a nite out haha! I have an excuse i am nightshift....

Nenah
28th November 2004, 08:14 AM
...no excuse for me...just sh*te weather keeping me in!

Scottch
28th November 2004, 08:15 AM

ok, the red wine is starting to type here now!!) :p

Ahhh, the dreaded red wine - I've had to take a wee break from that, learned my lesson last weekend :dead: and am confined to spirits for the time being.

LOL, and there's still a full box in the kitchen with my name on it.

Cheers!

Scott

Scottch
28th November 2004, 08:19 AM

Scott u should be out in ur new car or get down Leven for a nite out haha! I have an excuse i am nightshift....

I can't lie!! It's not mine, I'm just a wannabe!! It's me julee's motor really, I just pay for it.

As for going down Leven, mate that is really a s*ite night out nowadays from what I hear. The only peeps who go out to Leven for a night out are polismen and paramedics.

Hmmm, I see my spirits prescription is kicking in - you should see how many times I've rattled that back space key!

Cheers! GLUG

Scott