PDA

View Full Version : diesel engine

Borvad
9th February 2020, 08:13 PM
ok we know the best way to improve a diesel engine performance is to buy petrol......but what CAN be done?

I've grown up with petrol cars and changing the exhaust and the air filter to make them 'breathe' more easily.......but needing to know what can be done to improve a diesel.

thanks

CiderFex
9th February 2020, 10:31 PM
Never take it above 2,000 rpm.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Kettlepot
10th February 2020, 08:14 PM
Have you got the SD or the D ?
The SD is restricted by the DPF, a remap would take you to 180ish BHP with the DPF you can break the 200’s and very little other mods needed, bearing in mind that it’s the torque that counts with these guys ( I can’t remember the exact figures sorry)

With the D on the other hand I believe aftermarket inter coolers for the petrols fit, further than that I’m not sure sorry

Borvad
5th May 2020, 01:13 PM
Have you got the SD or the D ?
The SD is restricted by the DPF, a remap would take you to 180ish BHP with the DPF you can break the 200’s and very little other mods needed, bearing in mind that it’s the torque that counts with these guys ( I can’t remember the exact figures sorry)

With the D on the other hand I believe aftermarket inter coolers for the petrols fit, further than that I’m not sure sorry

Its the SD, but to be honest......when I put it into sport mode I dont really see much difference either, at all :confused:

Kettlepot
6th May 2020, 08:09 AM
Its the SD, but to be honest......when I put it into sport mode I dont really see much difference either, at all :confused:

I notice that the throttle response is sharper and the steering tightens up a little bit no increase in power