PDA

View Full Version : Red Mirror caps or mirrors

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 06:26 PM
Hi all. I am looking for a pair of red mirror caps or complete wing mirrors for a R50. Cash waiting.
Cheers

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 06:38 PM
Rab I had a set I dug out for William but they had a couple of clips broken on them. I’m 100% sure I have another set that came off the GP with all the clips intact. How soon you needing them ?

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 07:03 PM
Sounds good. Even the broken ones would do as I could prob glue them back on. Not in a great hurry for them just fancied changing them from black to red to spruce it up a bit. Let me know a price and thanks so much for your quick response. Much appreciated :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 07:13 PM
That’s alright Rab I think I could find the ones with the broken tabs quick enough but like I say I’m sure I’ve another set that are fully functional. I’ll give you a shout when I’m able to check for you ... what colour you got in the new buggy just now ?

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 07:37 PM
Here she is in the flesh Davy. I did try chrome mirror caps but wasn’t too keen on them so went back to black. I think red would look really cool and blend in well with the decal that I have fitted. That’s the good thing about these wee buggy’s. We can experiment as much as we want on them and if it doesn’t work then change back.

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 07:54 PM
I’m not a fan of chrome anyway but you’re right I think any colour that matches the car would be better. Black, red or even white would do it I think ... couldn’t mind what you had fitted when I had a look at it on Sunday.

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 07:56 PM
You going to do the door handles, grille and belt line too or you leaving them chrome ... that might determine what colour you go for on the mirrors ... (should I have kept quiet lol)

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 08:02 PM
Cheers. Will post a pic once I have them in place. Why are minis so addictive ....... even old R50s. I don’t give the Octavia half as much attention as this old thing lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just concentrating on the mirrors and once they are done then yes very possibly. I’m still struggling to put faces to names Davy. I am hopeless like that

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 09:11 PM
That’s always the same you do one thing and move on to the next ... or if you’re like me you start one job and before that’s finished you start another lol.
At least you’ve got a spare one to rob parts from to experiment on ...
black outer grille and body coloured centre slats might be good ... just saying lol [emoji23]

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 09:49 PM
Ha ha then there’s the lights that would need dethroning lol. You’ve got me thinking now. Can you buy tape to dechrome the belt line?

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 09:50 PM
Yeah you can I can’t mind what width it is ... think it’s 13mmm but might have done spare of that too lol [emoji23]

VRRab&Diane
30th January 2020, 09:51 PM
Dethroning? Predictive texting lol

EcosseGP
30th January 2020, 09:51 PM
Aye I did wonder what you were talking about ! But worked it out ...