PDA

View Full Version : Drivetrain fault, reduced power, eml f56 1.5d

Biggbn
13th January 2020, 11:45 PM
As the title says, both these warning lights have appeared on my 2014 mini one d. I have covered 24k trouble free miles in it this year, it goes in for mot on Tuesday and bang, this.

Not been out to car today, I drove home slowly and parked up. Any potential causes? It had two sensors replaced about 10 months ago under warranty and am sure fault codes mentioned an injector at that time.

Also sure I smelt anti freeze sitting ticking over the other day...could this signify egr? If so is this a hard fix? I appreciate I am asking for a needle in a haystack here but am sure you appreciate, I love my wee car and am just trying to amass some info before it goes into garage tomorrow. I will go out and check all fluids as a matter of course. It goes (slowly and carefully) to garage tomorrow am.

MINI William
14th January 2020, 08:41 AM
I’ve had the transmission error once on one of mine and after tubing the car off and locking it, then starting it again the error went away and never appeared again.

if your smelling antifreeze though I would look for any leaks and make sure that all fluid levels are correct

Biggbn
14th January 2020, 01:24 PM
Thanks for this. Unfortunately the light is still on. Car at garage for mot, oil and filter changes, Will see if this helps!!

Biggbn
16th January 2020, 08:05 PM
Got car back, new mot, maf sensor replaced, warning lights gone, normal service resumed. Smiled all the way back from garage. I never realised how much I love my mini till I didn't have it for three days!!

MINI William
16th January 2020, 08:40 PM
Pleased that it’s fixed. Hopefully you’ll get it along to a meet

badwolf340
17th January 2020, 06:59 AM
Always good to get the car fixed ....makes you smile